PDA

View Full Version : Peace and Love strikes again.

Pages : [1] 2

CathayBrat
22nd Sep 2013, 10:22
So the Religion that preaches Peace and Love has shown yet again what a thin veneer it is.
Nairobi shopping mall attacks: Britons 'undoubtedly' caught up in terrorist assault - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/kenya/10326063/Nairobi-shopping-mall-attacks-Britons-undoubtedly-caught-up-in-terrorist-assault.html)

I got first reports from friends there that it was a robbery gone wrong, but now its a confirmed terrorist attack, shooting people who did not know the prophets mothers name FFS! I am sure the hand wringers will be along soon to say its not their fault, we don't understand etc, but when will people understand that you can only fight fire with fire, that is all al-shabaab, al-qaeda and any one that helps, harbors and supplies will ever understand.

Cacophonix
22nd Sep 2013, 22:13
The outrage in Kenya has been ongoing now since Saturday and so am surprised that this thread has not garnered any addtional comment.

Suffice it to say that the Kenyan army are now attacking the terrorists in the mall. Good luck to them and to the people in Nairobi.

Kenya mall siege: 'final assault' begins | World news | The Guardian (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/22/kenya-shopping-mall-siege-assault)

Caco

con-pilot
22nd Sep 2013, 22:23
Suffice it to say that the Kenyan army are now attacking the terrorists in the mall

One can only hope that the Kenyan Army does not use tear gas, or Obama will threaten to bomb them.

Sadly this story is not getting a lot of coverage over here as of yet and I am at a loss to explain or understand why. Fox News was carrying the story earlier today, I'll see what the NBC Nightly News coverage is, if any tonight.

More deaths of innocents at the feet of the Religion of Peace.

Cacophonix
22nd Sep 2013, 22:29
More deaths of innocents at the feet of the Religion of Peace.

And in Pakistan another atrocity...

Christians slaughtered as they leave church on Sunday..

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/23/world/asia/pakistan-church-bombing.html?_r=0

Caco

Checkboard
22nd Sep 2013, 22:32
shooting people who did not know the prophets mothers name FFS!
Some bint, wasn't she?

Cacophonix
22nd Sep 2013, 22:38
Exclusive video footage on the Westgate attack - YouTube

Nairobi Westgate Mall Siege in Pictures [WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES] (http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/507874/20130921/nairobi-mall-westgate-siege-shabaab-radical-hostage.htm)

Caco

radeng
22nd Sep 2013, 22:43
Being a woolly minded liberal, any of the bastards taken alive would be interrogated using water boarding, any other suitable measures and a blow torch on their genitals before being publicly hung, drawn and quartered after being smeared with pork dripping and having a cross drawn on their foreheads with menstrual blood.

the corpses afterwards being ground up and fed to pigs and dogs.

Pour encourager les autres.....

But I'm a woolly minded liberal.....

MG23
22nd Sep 2013, 22:44
Sadly this story is not getting a lot of coverage over here as of yet and I am at a loss to explain or understand why.

Probably because the mass media don't want Westerners thinking 'if the nutters can do this in Kenya, why can't they do it here?'

hamayam
22nd Sep 2013, 22:54
" the corpses afterwards being ground up and fed to pigs and dogs."

What do you have against dogs ! :eek:

Let the pigs snack on them first before drawing and quartering.

" Probably because the mass media don't want Westerners thinking 'if the nutters can do this in Kenya, why can't they do it here?' "

Sleepless nights at the Grauniad " If we just ignore this story, maybe our pro-Islamic leanings will be overlooked.........."

radeng
22nd Sep 2013, 22:54
Trouble is that if the fatherless apologies for humanity did it here, even assuming that the SAS got it right this time ( at the Iranian embassy siege, they got it wrong - took one of the bastar*s alive and now he's out of jail, we have to keep him because the Iranians would hang him) there would still be too many cries of 'yooman rights'.

There are good terrorists - from the Israeli Haganah and Irgun, through the Malayan Chinese communists, the Kenyan Mau-Mau, the Cypriot EOKA and the IRA, the good ones are all dead, preferably as a result of a piece of high velocity lead coming the other way - unless, even better, it could be a nice early morning hanging.

Yes, I'm still a woolly do-gooder liberal....

Capetonian
22nd Sep 2013, 22:56
All in the name of 'religion' :
An assault by Islamic extremists at a shopping mall in Kenya, a suicide attack on a Pakistani church and assaults by suicide bombers targeting mourners at Shiite and Sunni funerals in Iraq have killed more than 250 people and injured at least 470 others since Saturday.

A recap of key events:

— Saturday, Sept. 21, through Sunday, Sept. 22: Nairobi, Kenya — Islamic extremist gunmen lobbing grenades and firing assault rifles inside an upscale mall in Nairobi kill at least 68 people, wound more than 175 others and hold an unknown number of others hostage.

— Saturday, Sept. 21: Baghdad — A wave of attacks, mainly on a Shiite funeral in Baghdad, kill 104 people and wound more than 140 others.

— Sunday, Sept. 22: Peshawar, Pakistan — A pair of suicide bombers blow themselves up amid hundreds of worshippers at a church in northwestern Pakistan, killing at least 78 and wounding more than 140 others..

— Sunday, Sept. 22, Baghdad — Iraqi authorities say a suicide attacker killed at least 16 people and wounded at least 35 others at a Sunni funeral.

Effluent Man
22nd Sep 2013, 22:57
Asked the name of the prophet's mam. So pub quizzers would be ok then?

Wholigan
22nd Sep 2013, 23:02
آمنة بنت وهب‎

500N
22nd Sep 2013, 23:03
Don't leave any alive and as per Radeng said.

Radeng
The SAS didn't have much choice, they were being filmed once outside.
If they had found him before he had walked out the door, I doubt he would
have made it out alive.

radeng
22nd Sep 2013, 23:11
500N

they were extravagant - surely, you don't NEED 100 bullets in a terrorist's back?

Bit expensive....

Besides which, you might kill the basta*d quickly, when really he/she/it should die slowly in agony before the ambulance gets there. But, yes, I'm a woolly minded liberal......

air pig
22nd Sep 2013, 23:15
Being a woolly minded liberal, any of the bastards taken alive would be interrogated using water boarding, any other suitable measures and a blow torch on their genitals before being publicly hung, drawn and quartered after being smeared with pork dripping and having a cross drawn on their foreheads with menstrual blood.

the corpses afterwards being ground up and fed to pigs and dogs.

Pour encourager les autres.....

But I'm a woolly minded liberal.....

Yes, you are a woolly minded liberal, a disgrace indeed, you forgot to invoke the old teutonic law of Sippenhaft, and slaughter their families as well. You must give yourself a good talking too.

500N
22nd Sep 2013, 23:18
Extravagant ?

That was interesting how many times he had been shot.
Instinctive shooting as they went past :O

You need to end it quickly, especially with today's lot
of suicide bombers.

And of course with medical facilities being so good now,
if they are only wounded the likelihood of survival is
much higher which we don't want.

I wonder if when that last terrorist dies
they will announce it ?

air pig
22nd Sep 2013, 23:18
500N

they were extravagant - surely, you don't NEED 100 bullets in a terrorist's back?

Bit expensive....

Besides which, you might kill the basta*d quickly, when really he/she/it should die slowly in agony before the ambulance gets there. But, yes, I'm a woolly minded liberal......

I believe the Coroner asked a member of the Pagoda team, 'why did you shoot him 13 times', reply was 'I ran out of ammunition Sir.'

500N
22nd Sep 2013, 23:25
Can you imagine the Fluffy's getting hold of something like that now ?

I mean I know it was signed over to the Army and they ruled
but can you imagine what would happen if that occurred today,
those pricks of do gooders, lawyers etc would run a court case
pro bono just for the hell of it and to cause trouble.

You would hope the British Gov't has got every i dotted
and t crossed re the paperwork in the future.

BTW - Not everything went to plan inside, an MP5 went click
in front of a terrorist but showing the speed of training he was
shot by a pistol :rolleyes:

air pig
22nd Sep 2013, 23:47
Can you imagine the Fluffy's getting hold of something like that now ?

I mean I know it was signed over to the Army and they ruled
but can you imagine what would happen if that occurred today,
those pricks of do gooders, lawyers etc would run a court case
pro bono just for the hell of it and to cause trouble.

You would hope the British Gov't has got every i dotted
and t crossed re the paperwork in the future.

BTW - Not everything went to plan inside, an MP5 went click
in front of a terrorist but showing the speed of training he was
shot by a pistol

Only one cure for fluffy's, send them in first to help the terrorists expend their ammunition and then go in and slot them. Kills two birds with one stone, and less lawyers would make the world a better place.

SASless
23rd Sep 2013, 00:34
No idea about the quality of the source....but it does raise some eyebrows if all this is true!

Ms. Leithwaite's presence would be a real shock I would think for those of you in the UK.

The PJ Tatler » Al-Shabaab: Three Americans Among Gunmen in Kenya Mall (http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/09/22/al-shabaab-three-americans-among-gunmen-in-kenya-mall/)

MG23
23rd Sep 2013, 01:04
They proceeded to tweet the names one by one, including Ahmed Mohamed Isse, 22, “native” of St. Paul, Minn., Abdifatah Osman Keenadiid, 24, of Minneapolis, and Gen Mustafe Noorudiin, 27, of Kansas City, Mo.

There's a set of good old American names for you.

maxmartin96
23rd Sep 2013, 01:21
At the start I'll say I'm Atheist. Personally, I find anyone blindly believing in a God/Gods misguided.

Muslims are generally a peaceful people. What a lot of the Western World seems unable to discern is that these 'Terrorists' are a sub-group of Muslims.

To Christians is like the Church of the later day Saints, Mormons or the Westbroro Church group. The latter being 'extremist' at most with-in Christianity. By those who think nothing about "broadly-painting" *all* Muslims as terrorists I find slightly disingenuous. You do realise they are a faction, a sub-group with-in the Muslim religion. Some here have a short memory....IRA anyone?

TWT
23rd Sep 2013, 02:12
maxmartin,most people realise this.

Extremists do not represent the view of the majority in any religion or organisation because they hold ,well,extreme views.....

con-pilot
23rd Sep 2013, 02:18
IRA anyone?

Wow, the IRA hijacked airliners and flew them into buildings in the US. The IRA is currently holding hostages in Kenya after murdering 60 plus non-IRA members in a local shopping mall this weekend.

Who knew. :rolleyes:

I'm not defending the IRA, as they cannot be, but let's get real here.

The Westboro Baptist Church, as despicable as they are, have no suicide bombers and have slaughter no one. Hell, last I heard they have not even cut the head off of anyone with a rusty razor.

pigboat
23rd Sep 2013, 02:42
The IDF may be involved in the rescue of the mall hostages. It's a better than even bet they are, if there are Jewish hostages among those still in the mall.

Report: Israelis join Kenyan effort to rescue hostages from terrorists | JPost | Israel News (http://www.jpost.com/International/Report-Israeli-forces-join-Kenyan-effort-to-rescue-hostages-from-terrorists-326758)

SASless
23rd Sep 2013, 04:25
Now I have heard a lot of stupid crass comments here at Jet Blast.....but that is about as bad as it gets. I prefer a rabid assed Born Again Christian trying to retrieve my poor lost Soul than listen to a self righteous bigoted Atheist tell me about the fallacy of other's ways.

You wish to "believe" the way you do....fine.....but do keep your silly assed opinion of others to yourself will you.

They are no more wrong for thinking their way than you are for thinking the way you do.

Those folk tend to show far more tolerance at anonymous forums like these than do those of your Ilk.

You might try a bit of that Christian humility they practice.....you would come across much better if you did.

A single Post ....Lord God in Heaven spare us!

maxmartin96
23rd Sep 2013, 04:50
wow......calm down!

.....that's a lot of things you've just called me. Why jump on me? I stated at the beginning that Im not for or against any religion, read that as atheist. I don't really understand why the personal attack, again.

What I've said is my opinion...I'm not ramming it down your throat. I didn't realise you could only post one view not a neutral one......but I'm more than happy to leave you all to it.

I've just re-read an earlier post and the only thing that I could see that might cause you offence was saying that Mormons, Westboro church etc. I was trying to make the point that they, like for me my former religion, Roman Catholic, are *all* a sub-group of Christianity. I still don't see a reason for the comment.

SASless
23rd Sep 2013, 05:11
At the start I'll say I'm Atheist. Personally, I find anyone blindly believing in a God/Gods misguided.

Start with that.

Cacophonix
23rd Sep 2013, 05:28
Ah the wonder of religions to behold!

Getting back to the ongoing siege amidst the spiralling list of casulaties are now included Kofi Awoonor, a Ghanian poet, a Canadian diplomat, the Kenyan president's nephew and his fiance...

The Kenyan army are one of the better trained outfits in Africa and while there is very likely to be US, British (and even Israeli) advisors on site, the final show will be Kenyan no doubt.

I met members of the crew of a US navy vessel en route to deliver more infrastructure in that region recently. The US presence in Kenya is far more ubiquitous than some might imagine...

U.S. Soldiers Prepare Kenyan Army to Teach Counter-IED Procedures | United States Africa Command (http://www.africom.mil/Newsroom/Article/8209/us-soldiers-prepare-kenyan-army-to-teach-counter-i)

Caco

maxmartin96
23rd Sep 2013, 05:29
.....as I said, again, it's a personnel opinion, just as this was of yours.....

"A single Post ....Lord God in Heaven spare us!"

......and so it shall be.......but Im not the bigot here, just sick and tired of people dumping on all Muslims. There are bad people in every religion. But your already prejudiced against me. I need say no more......

500N
23rd Sep 2013, 05:39
But Muslims do seem to push it onto others as well
as taking things to the extreme quicker and faster
than others.

I don't see too many others being macheted to death
in the streets or flying planes, not one but 4 into
buildings.

The IRA might have bombed civilians but not on
the scale that Muslims seem to be able to kill each
other.

500N
23rd Sep 2013, 05:42
"and while there is very likely to be US, British (and even Israeli) advisors on site, the final show will be Kenyan no doubt."

I think you'll find US, British, German and the "better" teams
or militaries always behind the scenes of friendly nations.
Indonesia has one hell of a group now.

SASless
23rd Sep 2013, 06:21
Max,

"All Muslims" do not get dumped on.....they do get questioned as to why they turn a blind eye to what the radicals do in their name. When was the last time there was a mass uprising by any Muslim community showing opposition and condemnation to Al Qaeda and all the Radical Islamists? That just doesn't happen!

In Egypt we did see very limited defense of the Coptic's by a mere handful of Muslims....an act that stood out compared to the atrocities perpetrated by the Mobs of Muslims.

When was the last time we read of Christians bombing Mosques....beheading Muslims if they did not convert.....shooting Muslim Women for wearing Burka's?

It just doesn't happen.

You can defend Islam all you want.....but the facts and reality contradict your position.

sitigeltfel
23rd Sep 2013, 06:40
Muslims are generally a peaceful people. What a lot of the Western World seems unable to discern is that these 'Terrorists' are a sub-group of Muslims.

They are all members of the same club, and do nothing to curtail the excesses of the extreme ones. In fact, I believe a large number of those so called "moderates" secretly approve of what is being done on their behalf.
How else do you explain the lack of action within the Muslim world to root out the vermin in their midst?

Cacophonix
23rd Sep 2013, 10:21
Sadly there is a certain truth to this comment...

Nairobi shopping mall attack: British-Australian architect killed with pregnant wife - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/kenya/10327514/Nairobi-shopping-mall-attack-British-Australian-architect-killed-with-pregnant-wife.html)

"As always Sir Winston Churchill was right How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

Caco

Cacophonix
23rd Sep 2013, 11:06
I suppose we should also heed these words by Mr Churchill... in his comments on the Sudan (how little these things really change over the years)...

.".there are many people in England, and perhaps elsewhere, who seem to be unable to contemplate military operations for clear political objects, unless they can cajole themselves into the belief that their enemy are utterly and hopelessly vile. To this end the Dervishes, from the Mahdi and the Khalifa downwards, have been loaded with every variety of abuse and charged with all conceivable crimes. This may be very comforting to philanthropic persons at home; but when an army in the field becomes imbued with the idea that the enemy are vermin who cumber the earth, instances of barbarity may easily be the outcome. This unmeasured condemnation is moreover as unjust as it is dangerous and unnecessary... We are told that the British and Egyptian armies entered Omdurman to free the people from the Khalifa's yoke. Never were rescuers more unwelcome..."

Live and let live unless the buggers deserve to die.

Caco

Cacophonix
23rd Sep 2013, 11:19
In the midst of this bloody atrocity, our very own, very un-Churchillian, David Cameron contrives to make himself look like a prat again...

Kenya mall attack: David Cameron's rush to 'solve the crisis' won't help | Simon Jenkins | Comment is free | theguardian.com (http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/23/kenya-mall-attacks-david-cameron)

"What is David Cameron doing by racing south and plunging yet again (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/23/nairobi-terror-attack-david-cameron-no-10) into his favourite bunker, Cobra? British prime ministers are famously eager to escape royal audiences in Balmoral. But Cameron's flight shows indecent haste. He apparently needs to solve the Kenyan hostage crisis. Really? The Queen was doing Kenya crises before he was born."

Caco

CathayBrat
23rd Sep 2013, 11:55
From Arrse

Will William Hague be so keen to attack Somalia as he was Syria ? Being as Somalia is a terrorist/pirate training ground and a genuine threat to the stability of the region and anyone transiting it in boats .

If its confirmed that UK citizens have been murdered by terrorists based in Somalia will he be shouting as loud as he did for a free Syria ....and would we roll up from Nanyuki to the north ?
The Syrian issue is internal and the west trying to remove someone who has upset someone in the west, this is a genuine threat as Afghanistan was with training bases etc for terrorist groups.

A much better target for the wests wrath than Syria, having been into that s:mad:thole that is southern Somalia, it could only be improved. However the Septics have bad memories of the place, due to poor ROE and being run by the Politicians in D.C (SE Asia flashbacks), so not sure there will be any boots on the ground. What it needs is similar to the early Afgan campaign, 'local' forces (mainly Ugandan and Burundi) with CAS, as the Northern Alliance had that enabled them to go through the Taliban like a 7.62 through a....Taliban.

Ps, All you liberals, Radeng, 500N etc tell us what you really think and hop of the fence! :E

500N
23rd Sep 2013, 12:03
Somalia ?

Send in the Aust SAS, the rat bags didn't like them because they didn't
fcuk around the first time they took them on, got a bloody nose and
learn't well enough to leave them alone.

Which is what everyone has said, show weakness and they
will exploit it.

Cacophonix
23rd Sep 2013, 12:07
As any fule know the Kenyans were instrumental in throwing al Shabab out of Kisamyo... in support of the UN backed government in Somalia...

Tis a murky picture in that region at the moment... far better to support the African forces than arrive all white and mob handed and look like a bunch of colonialists all over again methinks...

BBC News - Somalia accuses Kenya over Kismayo clashes (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23177825)

Caco

rgbrock1
23rd Sep 2013, 15:19
Ahmed Mohamed Isse, 22, “native” of St. Paul, Minn., Abdifatah Osman Keenadiid, 24, of Minneapolis, and Gen Mustafe Noorudiin, 27, of Kansas City, Mo.

Ah. Of Irish-American heritage no doubt. Or maybe Dutch. The mind boggles.

rgbrock1
23rd Sep 2013, 15:21
maxmartin96 wrote:

This is true. In theory. However, when the vast majority of non-terrorist Muslims fails to speak out, en masse, against the actions of their sub-groups, well then......

SASless
23rd Sep 2013, 15:26
will exploit it.

They better not cross swords with Mr. Obama of Nobel Peace Prize fame......or he will show them how that "Lead from Behind" thingy works.

rgbrock1
23rd Sep 2013, 15:31
500N wrote:

Somalia ?

Send in the Aust SAS, the rat bags didn't like them because they didn't
fcuk around the first time they took them on, got a bloody nose and
learn't well enough to leave them alone.

will exploit it.

Not that easy bro. Ever read what the Somalis call "The Day of the Rangers"? Or, what we in the West know as Black Hawk Down.

I had quite a few closer friends who fought the good fight against the "skinnies" in Mog. Although I have the utmost respect for the Aussie SF community/SAS the thousands of "skinnies" who can gather and be thrown at any "hostile" force is overwhelming. Look at who was involved in Mog back then: the best of the best America had to offer. Yeah, there were many f**k ups but at the end of the day the Mogs were overwhelming in sheer numbers. And many a good man gave his life that day. All for the price of tea and a slice.

500N
23rd Sep 2013, 15:35
RGB

I wasn't putting down the US or Rangers.

ExXB
23rd Sep 2013, 15:44
If anyone thinks there is no Christian terrorism they should read this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism) wiki (Yes I know wiki isn't always that accurate, but read it with a grain of salt).

So how about the Christian leaders rising up and deploring all acts of terrorism done by splinter groups in the name of Christianity?

I'm not downplaying the seriousness of any terrorism, just pointing fingers in all directions.

rgbrock1
23rd Sep 2013, 15:50
500N:

Nor did I think you were. I was just trying to bring out the point that the inhabitants of skinny land are a force to be reckoned with regardless of who might be taking the battle to them. Individually the Mogs are useless. But in packs, which they seem to prefer, they're a different story.

MG23
23rd Sep 2013, 16:05
So how about the Christian leaders rising up and deploring all acts of terrorism done by splinter groups in the name of Christianity?

If a group of Christians hijacked planes and crashed them into buildings, killing thousands in the name of their religion, do you seriously think there's any mainstream Christian leader anywhere who wouldn't publicly condemn their actions?

One of the big problems with Islam is that it never went through a reconciliation with secular government the way Christianity did centuries ago. 'Render unto Caesar' and all that. By explicitly separating the religion from politics, it can get along with all but the worst kinds of government.

G-CPTN
23rd Sep 2013, 16:38
If these assassins have been holed-up for as long as they have been (and in a shopping mall populated by so many people), how come that the death toll is as low as has been suggested?

Or is there much more to be revealed?

Oh, and:-
Police have been using tear gas to disperse crowds of onlookers
:ugh:

rgbrock1
23rd Sep 2013, 16:43
G-CPTN wrote:

If these assassins have been holed-up for as long as they have been (and in a shopping mall populated by so many people), how come that the death toll is as low as has been suggested?

Probably because a: the remaining shoppers are hiding and b: shooting from the hip, without pointing your weapon, is not the most efficient method of killing people. AQ, and its associates, (as well as the Taliban, Pakistani Frontier troops, et al) have this weird custom of aim-in-the-general-direction-and-pull-the-trigger. Preferably holding the weapon above your head while firing.

superq7
23rd Sep 2013, 16:51
RG
Here's a question for you, when you see on TV people celebrating firing there guns up in the air ( usually in the sandy countries ) when the bullets fall back down to the ground would they still have the energy to kill someone ?

rgbrock1
23rd Sep 2013, 17:06
superq:

Most rounds fired into the air can go as high as one mile. (Or more. Depends on a lot of things.)
Bullets are aerodynamic by design. Thus any air resistance a bullet meets upon descent will be negligible in its return trajectory.

In essence, a bullet fired into the air in "celebratory" fashion will return to earth (what goes up... must come down...) and is quite capable of killing, or seriously injuring, someone.

superq7
23rd Sep 2013, 17:12
Thanks for that RG perhaps someone should tell them.

rgbrock1
23rd Sep 2013, 17:30
superq:

For some odd reason I don't think the purveyors of fine shooting (of bullets into the air) would care too much about the possible consequences of their "celebratory" weapons' firing.

vulcanised
23rd Sep 2013, 17:34
Those posturing over the likes of Iran and Syria would be much better employed giving some consideration to Somalia with its pirates and religious fanatics ruling the roost.

SASless
23rd Sep 2013, 17:46

What say you make an exhaustive list of every single such act over the past 50 years.....and let's compare that to a similar list for such events done in the name of Islam over say the past 5 years and lets compare lists shall we?

Get real....we know where the problem is.....and it is not the Non-Muslims wreaking havoc on all and sundry.

You reckon the Wahabi's in Saudi spend just a little bit more funding radical Islamic groups than does say the Salvation Army and Southern Baptists combined?

Pointing yer finger at an overflowing bogl when there is a Tsunami roaring down on you is just a bit far fetched don't you think?:=

bcgallacher
23rd Sep 2013, 18:18
Maxmartin 96 - If you had spent a little time in Islamic countries you would have learned how deluded you are.For many years Islamic children have been taught to hate non Muslims,they are even taught to hate different branches of Islam.I have spent over 20 years in Islamic countries and have seen the problem grow - it was not always this way. Much of this hatred can be ascribed to Saudi financed madrassas throughout the Islamic world where medieval Wahabi beliefs are taught. I think that envy is at the root of this hatred - they practice Islam,pray 5 times a day,perform Hajj etc and they still live in poverty and are oppressed by their leaders while we non believers live immeasurably better lives -they really cannot understand why.

KelvinD
23rd Sep 2013, 18:54
Something like 3,000 were killed in the Twin Towers.
Quite a few more than that were killed in Northern Ireland. There are virtually no Muslims in Northern Ireland but a large percentage of the population claim to be Christian.
And time frames are irrelevant; those killed are just as dead whether they were killed all in one instant or over the space of 20 years.

BenThere
23rd Sep 2013, 19:39
Following that logic the relentless daily toll Islamist zealots exact on each other and the rest of us make Northern Ireland's troubles a trifle in comparison.

lomapaseo
23rd Sep 2013, 19:45
It's not the person, it's the access to guns that is the problem. They ought to have stricter background checks

MG23
23rd Sep 2013, 19:46
There are virtually no Muslims in Northern Ireland but a large percentage of the population claim to be Christian.

Was there any lack of Christian leaders condemning the violence there?

wings folded
23rd Sep 2013, 19:51
For some odd reason I don't think the purveyors of fine shooting (of bullets into the air) would care too much about the possible consequences of their "celebratory" weapons' firing.

"What goes up must come down"

Tom Petty knew all along, we could all learn from him.

Mr Chips
23rd Sep 2013, 19:57
Kelvin
Something like 3,000 were killed in the Twin Towers.
Quite a few more than that were killed in Northern Ireland.
3466 killed in NI during "The Troubles" which includes deaths caused by IRA/Loyalists and security forces combined
http://www.wesleyjohnston.com/users/ireland/past/troubles/troubles_stats.html

Not sure if a difference of 466 is "quite a few more" especially as over 350 of those deaths can be attributed to the security forces

radeng
23rd Sep 2013, 21:45
To my woolly liberal mind, the aQ, aS and the Taliban are as least as big a threat to civilisation generally as the plague or smallpox. Nobody complains about smallpox or polio being eradicated so why about just as big a threat to civilisation - i.e. these terrorist organisations? Now a nasty painful public end might just persuade some people not to join them - and so is worth it.

Just consider what they want - the whole world as an extreme Islamic state under THEIR perverted idea of Islam - with no education of women, no alcohol, stoning of gays, no religious freedom, no existence of Israel, etc......

So to my mind, they must be dealt with like Japanese knotweed, smallpox, and nasty bacteria and viruses - exterminated - for the good of the rest of society. All of them.

yes, I'm a woolly minded liberal. .kill ALL the bast*ards! Just as we try to do with polio, tuberculosis and smallpox germs.

SASless
23rd Sep 2013, 22:04
radeng,

You reckon a really really big H-Bomb dropped smack dab in the center of Mecca would be a good start? Do the old...."sending a message" thing with them!

Would the proverbial Bucket of SunShine enlighten them a bit and end all this bowing five times a day in a particular direction and allow them to get on with some useful pursuits?

hamayam
23rd Sep 2013, 22:12
radeng

" So to my mind, they must be dealt with like Japanese knotweed, smallpox, and nasty bacteria and viruses - exterminated - for the good of the rest of society. All of them.

yes, I'm a woolly minded liberal. .kill ALL the bast*ards! Just as we try to do with polio, tuberculosis and smallpox germs. "

And when the reality finally sinks in that this is the only solution, expedite it with no fanfare, keep the f:mad:g media completely in the dark and ban them totally ( by any means ...) from any conflict zones. As the IDF learned towards the end of the 2008 Lebanon conflict, the media does no good at all.

pigboat
23rd Sep 2013, 22:17
Thanks for that RG perhaps someone should tell them.

Why? :confused:

BenThere
23rd Sep 2013, 22:18
At a bare minimum, stop importing them into civilized societies, and stop sending aid to their failed governments.

Any state identifying itself as an Islamic state should be recused from any aid, and if possible, trade, whatsoever by states considering themselves tolerant, pluralistic and civilized.

500N
23rd Sep 2013, 22:20
radeng

:D:D

Only problem is the "UN" and all the others fluffies who will complain
about their "Human rights".

I think you'd have a few takers :ok:

Andu
23rd Sep 2013, 22:28
radeng, you be opening a can of worms with that plan, because killing the foot soldiers is putting yourself on a hiding to nowhere - there'll always be replacement foot soldiers as long as there's a cashed-up organisation (and leaders) to direct them.

Those who should know (Western security services and their masters, Western politicians) know the identities of quite a few of the people who provide the cash (without which the also vital leaders would be powerless). However, a bit like that time the CIA had Bin Laden pinpointed while he was falcon hunting in Pakistan and Bill Clinton wouldn't give the go ahead for a drone strike because of who was with him, (princes of the royal family of Abu Dhabi), these money men are politically untouchable - or have been to date.

I had a friend who did a few tours in Northern Ireland during the Troubles. He said that the security forces knew exactly who the leaders of the Provos were and could see them going about their business quite openly - but because of the requirement for 'the good guys' to remain within the law, these men remained free. The one time they arrested four (***ing FOUR!!!) men and locked them up without charge, terrorist activity virtually stopped the whole time those four were locked up. (But of course, those same four innocent men were paid huge amounts in compensation years later after human rights lawyers flocked to represent them.)

If the real world was like a Daniel Craig movie, maybe as few as ten men (some of them very public figures, mostly, but perhaps not all in the Middle East) would have unfortunate accidents - and it would be all over.

I'm not talking about the leadership of the terrorist organisations who practise very good fieldcraft in maintaining a very low profile; I'm talking about very public figures who, either from a well-concealed desire to see the world cast back to the seventh century CE or (more likely) in a misguided attempt to buy the troublemakers off, hoping that their countries or business empires will be left alone, provide that terrorist leadership with the millions they require to operate.

BenThere
23rd Sep 2013, 22:34
Andu,

Your post suggests we might be well served to revert to operative policies of the Cold War era, when the likes of CIA clandestinely penetrated the enemy's fortress, disabled it's leadership, manipulated the world view, promoted allies, and kept the world in order in the face of a far more capable threat.

I'd be all for a latter day Wild Bill Donovan, with copious resources, and I contend the world would be better for it.

racedo
23rd Sep 2013, 22:35
Supposedly 2 members are from UK and 3 from US...............IF 2 were from Syria and 3 from Iran wouldn't media be claiming that it was the work of respective governments ?

radeng
23rd Sep 2013, 22:37
500N

Until they find they have left it too late....

There are relatively few Muslims who support these terrorist actions. The majority of Muslim countries don't, but, I suspect, don't want to cause too much internal upset by saying so. Turning the middle east into fused sand won't help, either. Personally, I'd napalm the Somali villages that send out the pirates and also any of the terrorist training grounds. Any terrorists captured in Europe would be deported to a suitable African country for interrogation and appropriate painful death sentence - and no "human rights" being applicable.

When in 2050 there is a majority of Muslims in the UK, Sharia law is voted in by a majority in parliament and alcohol is banned, look back on the days of freedom....

Fortunately, it's most unlikely I'll still be alive....

Cacophonix
23rd Sep 2013, 22:37
The best you can do with CIA operatives in Africa is kill them. Barbecue the bastards and drink a beer. As we did.

Caco

BenThere
23rd Sep 2013, 22:43
You may have thought they were CIA, Caco, but that is only what we wanted you to think. Sorry to have manipulated you, too.

SASless
23rd Sep 2013, 22:43
catch them, dope them up then chuck them out of a helicopter from 10,000 feet while over the sea.

Bit extreme that!:=

One Thousand Feet is plenty and why waste good Dope!

Give'em a quick Spanish Lesson...."AMF!" and out they go!

500N
23rd Sep 2013, 22:50
How long does it take a person to reach terminal velocity ?

Cacophonix
23rd Sep 2013, 22:54

Depends how hard you stab him...

Caco

SASless
23rd Sep 2013, 23:08

300 feet or 10,000 feet......if going into the Oggin.....the "Terminal Part" is a constant.....Velocity could be a variable in reality.:uhoh:

500N
23rd Sep 2013, 23:11
If no one can hear you scream, do you still scream ? :O

air pig
23rd Sep 2013, 23:45
You are far far too liberal, take them about ten miles out to sea, load them with a nice big dose of intravenous heparin, about 50,000 units, wait half an hour, whilst at the same time throw some 'chum' into the sea to get the sharks circling, which will not take long. Handcuff their hands behind their back, wrap them in a nice big pig skin, slit the ankle arteries and over board. If you don't fancy the sea trip, I do love the smell of roast crackling in the afternoon. They want to be martyrs, I can provide martyrdom.

svhar
24th Sep 2013, 00:03
Next thing to happen is that you'll have to go through security before entering a mall.

Andu
24th Sep 2013, 04:17
You already do have to go through airport-style security to enter a mall in Manila. Or at least you did some years ago when I was last there.

bcgallacher
24th Sep 2013, 06:29
Andu -still the same,with armed security guards everywhere.

500N
24th Sep 2013, 06:46
I think we have enough for a crew :O

air pig

10 miles out is too far.
Find a nice reef a km or two off the coast.

Krystal n chips
24th Sep 2013, 07:00
" At a bare minimum, stop importing them into civilized societies, and stop sending aid to their failed governments.

I appreciate that you feel nostalgic for the past, well the less than liberal past, and that your view of life differs considerably from others capable of rational thought, but the current term you were looking for is...immigration.

Imports are generally commodities or goods.

" Any state identifying itself as an Islamic state should be recused from any aid, and if possible, trade, whatsoever by states considering themselves tolerant, pluralistic and civilized"

One of the best examples of contradiction I have ever seen.....albeit purely by accident of course. Well Done !

Capetonian
24th Sep 2013, 07:17
Next thing to happen is that you'll have to go through security before entering a mall.
Nothing new there. South Africa, 1980s.

"Hello baas please may I look in your bag."
"Of course, what are you looking for?"
"I am looking for a bomb."
"Do you know what a bomb looks like?"
"Eeish baas, no."
http://klew.es/feat/themes/bomb.jpg

Complete waste of time. Nothing has changed.

So called security will never solve these problems. Dealing with terrorists at source will, but it seems that no government has the guts to do that.

OFSO
24th Sep 2013, 07:21
What no US President will ever say, but by golly he needs to.......

"People of other nations: from now on you may rob, rape, pillage, steal from and of each other - even murder each other - and the USA will not interfere either way: in addition we will not supply you with any form of aid, whether it be money, food, weapons, medication - in fact anything, to help or hinder your internal policies, whether your citizens are at war or at peace with each other or with neighbouring countries. If you chose to behave in this way, that is your business.

The one rule we will apply to people from such countries is that they will under no circumstances be allowed to travel to and hence enter the USA.

However if you ever attack the USA your country will be instantly destroyed, from border to border, north to south and east to west, and left a smoking ruin.

I hope I have made myself clear: thank you and good night."

That should do it.

OFSO
24th Sep 2013, 07:24
Air Pig, I'm sure you didn't mean to omit it, but they should also have their subscriptions to the "Guardian" cancelled. That wil REALLY hurt.

Capetonian
24th Sep 2013, 07:27
However if you ever attack the USA OR ANY OF ITS CITIZENS your country will be instantly destroyed, from border to border, north to south and east to west, and left a smoking ruin.

Capetonian
24th Sep 2013, 07:31
Being a Christian carries a death sentence now ? Telegraph Blogs (http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/cristinaodone/100237367/being-a-christian-carries-a-death-sentence-now/)
Being a Christian carries a death sentence now

In Pakistan, suicide bombers in Peshawar killed 60 Christians (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/10326372/Suicide-bombers-kill-60-Christians-outside-Pakistan-church.html) in their local church. In Nairobi, gunmen shot 69 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24193059) (and counting) shoppers at a mall — but freed the ones who could name the Prophet's mother. What these two tragedies have in common is that the killers were Muslim and the victims, Christian. The other similarity will be the response of the West: gentle reproaches followed by… nothing.
.............................the al-Shabaab guerrillas are no more representative of Islam than the suicide bombers in Pakistan are. But these atrocities do bring home, as a Spectator blog quotes the former Chief Rabbi saying, (http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/edwest/2013/09/the-silence-of-our-friends-the-extinction-of-christianity-in-the-middle-east/) the dangerous "silence of our friends". Sadly that silence is rooted in hostility to our faith.

sitigeltfel
24th Sep 2013, 08:33
There was also a time when not being a Christian carried the death sentence. The Catholic churches rampage through medieval Europe, and then the Americas, saw millions slaughtered in the name of their perverse beliefs.
It was only when their excesses were reined in did the civilised world flourish.
Unless the same hard discipline is placed on Islam, its practices and adherents, the regression our hard won freedoms are experiencing will continue to occur.

air pig
24th Sep 2013, 10:56
What no US President will ever say, but by golly he needs to.......

"People of other nations: from now on you may rob, rape, pillage, steal from and of each other - even murder each other - and the USA will not interfere either way: in addition we will not supply you with any form of aid, whether it be money, food, weapons, medication - in fact anything, to help or hinder your internal policies, whether your citizens are at war or at peace with each other or with neighbouring countries. If you chose to behave in this way, that is your business.

The one rule we will apply to people from such countries is that they will under no circumstances be allowed to travel to and hence enter the USA.

However if you ever attack the USA your country will be instantly destroyed, from border to border, north to south and east to west, and left a smoking ruin.

I hope I have made myself clear: thank you and good night."

OFSO: If only, but not under this President or even this or any different one in the future British Prime Minister, a dream if they issued a statement like this and stood by what they said.

Blacksheep
24th Sep 2013, 13:26
You already do have to go through airport-style security to enter a mall in Manila.... and hotels in Jakarta.

rgbrock1
24th Sep 2013, 13:29
500N questionably asked:

As a fella who used to jump out of aircraft, you don't know that answer? I'm sure you do.

(Hint: generally, terminal velocity in a human is reached at about 115-125 mph. But there are a lot of factors involved which, taken into consideration, can also lead a human - in free fall for example - to exceed 200 mph.)

sitigeltfel
24th Sep 2013, 17:20

Ask Felix Baumgartner :ok:

con-pilot
24th Sep 2013, 17:32
... and hotels in Jakarta.

And Istanbul. At least the ones I've been to.

SMT Member
24th Sep 2013, 22:08
And Istanbul. At least the ones I've been to.

Hotels and malls in Istanbul are all guarded, but the level of effectiveness is somewhere between naught and not a lot. Same for hotels in Dhaka, and if memory serves me right in the Philips as well.

Israel has everything public guarded, including bars and restaurants, but unlike every other place they do know what they are doing.

500N
24th Sep 2013, 22:11
Jakarta ?

Wouldn't stop some of those ideological terrorists like
happened last time.

con-pilot
24th Sep 2013, 22:35
Hotels and malls in Istanbul are all guarded, but the level of effectiveness is somewhere between naught and not a lot

Have to agree, the metal detectors that I went though, I'm not all that sure they were even turned on.

parabellum
24th Sep 2013, 22:45
some suspects of British nationality to stop them from ever coming back. Isn't that an outrageous deprivation of human rights?

Now now Basil, you're going soft! ;)

BenThere
24th Sep 2013, 23:12
If European countries would just cut off the welfare, I suspect a lot of them would leave peacefully.

Krystal n chips
25th Sep 2013, 06:58
" If European countries would just cut off the welfare "

Ah yes, such a simple solution.....this welfare that you malign, would this be in contrast to say the concept of welfare, and the astounding success of course, of the welfare offered here ?

Fact Checker - The CIA's Biggest Bloopers (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2007/12/the_cias_biggest_bloopers_1.html)

This is known as keeping a balanced perspective, in case you were confused, as it invariably the case, as to the post.

Dak Man
25th Sep 2013, 13:10
I'm hearing / reading more and more reports about UK and USA SF or MI in the vicinity of the Mall prior to, during and after the atrocities were carried out.

Coincidence, or were the terrs being actively monitored?

rgbrock1
25th Sep 2013, 14:23
BenThere wrote:

If European countries would just cut off the welfare, I suspect a lot of them would leave peacefully.

I don't think we here in the U.S. have much room to talk about welfare, BenThere, no? And especially not nowadays when those who are "less fortunate" get free cell phone service as well as a free cell phone. Must be nice to be on welfare and get everything for free without having to lift a damn finger.

Er, maybe not so nice at all.

Cacophonix
25th Sep 2013, 14:58
"less fortunate" get free cell phone service as well as a free cell phone.

Bloody good idea. Allows those looking for jobs to arrange interviews and be contactable by prospective employers etc.

Essentially means you don't have to place your cardboard sleeping box next to a public telephone (if they even exist anymore).

Caco

rgbrock1
25th Sep 2013, 15:22
Caco:

By your comments to my post, it's kind of obvious you don't really understand the workings of welfare here in the U.S.

Looking for work? Many of those receiving public assistant are Professional Welfare-ites and have no intention of looking for work as they don't want to work.

It's a much more lucrative business to: f**k like a rabbit and produce 35 kids, each of whom increases your monthly welfare allotment. With these funds you can then increase your "business" many-fold by investing in such items as cocaine, crack, heroin, methamphetamine. The proceeds from the sale of such items, preferably to school-aged kids, allows one to then purchase the weaponry of choice. (Keep your hands off my pie, Jack.) Which then further allows you to "knock off" any competition you encounter. Thus your Kingdom increases many-fold as well.

Why work? F**k dat shit homey. I don't need no stinin' job.

SASless
25th Sep 2013, 15:48
Welfare Cadillac - Guy Drake (1970) - YouTube

Dak Man
25th Sep 2013, 17:25
Curioser and curioser...
Kenyan security organs knew of attack in advance, claims Nairobi senator Mike Sonko - : Jambonewspot (http://www.jambonewspot.com/kenyan-security-organs-knew-of-attack-in-advance-claims-nairobi-senator-mike-sonko/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=kenyan-security-organs-knew-of-attack-in-advance-claims-nairobi-senator-mike-sonko)
Kenyan security organs knew of attack in advance, claims Nairobi senator Mike Sonko

G-CPTN
25th Sep 2013, 17:32
If the authorities had acted against the terrorists the terrorists would have known that they had been 'bugged'.
One of the reasons why information gleaned from Enigma intercepts wasn't acted upon.

Who knows what might have been 'known' before 9-11?

Dak Man
25th Sep 2013, 17:37
So what's the point of NSA et al if, as you suggest, they don't act on their info for fear of tipping off the terrs?

Solid Rust Twotter
25th Sep 2013, 17:56

Ops normal in SA/Rhodesia back in the days when the current regimes of those benighted countries were canvassing for votes in their own inimitable way.

MG23
25th Sep 2013, 19:04
Ah yes, such a simple solution.....this welfare that you malign, would this be in contrast to say the concept of welfare, and the astounding success of course, of the welfare offered here ?

Success at what? Building a permanent and growing underclass of Labour voters^H^H^H^H^H^Hpeople who've never worked in their lives and never will?

rgbrock1
25th Sep 2013, 19:07
MG23:

No, no, no, no. That's not what K&C meant. What was meant is the resounding success of the welfare state which allows the average citizen of the UK the "privilege" of paying for the upkeep of the family of a known terrorist in a well-to-do area of London.

Marvelous isn't it?

OFSO
25th Sep 2013, 19:14
Turned on BBC4 this afternoon to hear some wretched female mit ze chip on ze shoulder complaining that "only negative news" was ever broadcast about Muslims. And I thought to myself, 'lady, I wonder why that is ?'

P.S. Man wearing funny hat waving arms in the air "believed to occupy room in Vatican": smelly brown faeces found in woods "may have been left by a Mr Ursus and family".

Dak Man
25th Sep 2013, 19:30
Interesting angle, the Westage Mall is owned by an Israeli consortium.

Andu
25th Sep 2013, 22:22
I'm hearing / reading more and more reports about UK and USA SF or MI in the vicinity of the Mall prior to, during and after the atrocities were carried out. Coincidence?(My boldface.) Yes, the "off duty SAS trooper" who just "happened to be carrying a 9mm pistol" - (...carrying your 9mil while on hols? ...in a foreign country? Hmmm...) - did cause me to wonder.

Am I the only one to have sometimes wondered if the events of September 11th 2001 had gone the way of a Bruce Willis movie (or at least Bruce Willis movies that were made prior to 2001), what the public reaction would have been?

Imagine if Bruce's character - (I forget his name, John McSomethingorother, wasn't it? ...and there'd have to have been four Bruces, but hey, it's Hollywood, Bruce could have got around that; multiple abseil transfers from jet to jet through those pressurisation-ignoring hatches we all know are fitted to undersides of the 767/757 fleet?)...

...where was I?

Oh, yes, Bruce Willis.

Imagine if Bruce's character had saved the day by taking out those 20 armed hijackers with his bare fists and tragedy and major loss of life had been - (as was always the case in pre-2001 Hollywood movies) - narrowly averted? How would the general public have reacted? And more importantly for the conspiracy theorists among you, would that same general public and the politicians they elect have put up with 99% of the bullsh1t we have seen enacted, particularly in aviation, in the years since?

RAC/OPS
25th Sep 2013, 23:04
Interesting point Andu, but you are looking at the new outcome in retrospect. Had Bruce saved the day, the consequences of what could have happened would most likely pass us by, as with no blood or guts, the media would have made only passing mention.

baggersup
25th Sep 2013, 23:16
Another dreadful event. Sympathies to all who are victimized by these "believers."

There is a story circulating that one of the "terrorists" (in quotes because I read that the BBC can only refer to them as "militants") is a rather infamous wife of a 7/7 bomber.

She's been in the news before. She's a British citizen convert to Islam, married to a 7/7 guy.

If this is true, it should be very interesting to wonder how she got that far, given she was a known ahem "person of interest" in terrorism matters.

Awaiting the truth squadding on that one.

Dak Man
25th Sep 2013, 23:32
I might postulate that she got that far because she was allowed to.:uhoh::mad:

There is no way that (if it is indeed her) that she's not close to the top of any terr watch list, ergo she was almost certainly being watched........the implications are quite far reaching supported by the Kenyan Senators assertion that the cell had been known about and monitored for 3 months. They rented space in the Mall and smuggled the weapons in over the 3 months allegedly.

Something stinks all "Benghazi" like.

Oh and the gun toting SF is apparently ex-Royal Marines not SAS, but who knows given the exponentially increasing state of confusion (good tactic). Also, there's been a number of high ranking UK Army Officers (Ret.) murdered in Kenya over the last couple of months, I wonder if there's a link.

Andu
25th Sep 2013, 23:33
Interesting point Andu, but you are looking at the new outcome in retrospect. Had Bruce saved the day, the consequences of what could have happened would most likely pass us by, as with no blood or guts, the media would have made only passing mention.RAC/OPS (good handle, BTW - I used to know you well; almost word perfect, in fact), that was exactly the point I was trying (not very well,it would seem) to make.

racedo
26th Sep 2013, 22:46
I might postulate that she got that far because she was allowed to.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/worry.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif

Not a bad suggestion that Samantha has been working for certain letter and number organisation for a considerable period of time all in the name of "Intelligence".

If that is the case then would make it interesting that 7/7 allowed to occur or possibly fostered and suggested to build credibility.

Capetonian
27th Sep 2013, 06:56
Men were said to have been castrated and had fingers removed with pliers before being blinded and hanged. Children were found dead in the food court fridges with knives still embedded in their bodies, it was claimed.Terror in Kenya: The 'White Widow' and the SA link | News | Africa | Mail & Guardian (http://mg.co.za/article/2013-09-27-00-terror-in-kenya-the-white-widow-and-the-sa-link)

"Lewthwaite is white, English, female and university educated; a soldier's daughter who grew up in the home counties. Her transgressions are plentiful. She converted to Islam, took the veil and a Muslim name, married a black and notoriously radical convert, and is the mother of mixed-race children."The fact that she was based in SA and travelled on a falsely acquired SA passport comes as no surprise. At one time there were thousands of illegally issued (but genuine) SA passports floating around, which is said to be the main reason that the UK introduced the visa requirement for SA passport holders.

http://cdn.mg.co.za/crop/content/images/2013/09/24/samanthalewthwaitepassportafp.jpg/676x380/

Solid Rust Twotter
27th Sep 2013, 08:07
Shouldn't have come as any surprise, CT. Birds of a feather...

Dak Man
27th Sep 2013, 13:31
Stinks to high heaven.

Kenya shopping mall attack: Nairobi hostages were tortured before they were killed, says police doctor - Africa - World - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/kenya-shopping-mall-attack-nairobi-hostages-were-tortured-before-they-were-killed-says-police-doctor-8842509.html)

Kenya’s National Intelligence Agency (NIS), widely accused by politicians of failing to pick up chatter about the attack, has insisted it did warn the police and officials inside the President’s office before the Westgate siege, but its warnings went unheeded, The Star reported.

According to the same report, a pregnant policewoman avoided Westgate after her brother, who works for Kenyan intelligence, warned her of a terror attack. “She has told police that her brother who is a NIS officer warned her not to visit Westgate that Saturday because she would not be able to run,” a senior officer was quoted as saying./

BenThere
29th Sep 2013, 02:33
So were the atrocities committed in Kenya - castrations, pulling off fingers with pliers, gouging out eyes, knifing toddlers, etc. - as bad as Abu Ghraib?

If so, why aren't millions of Europeans out marching in protest? Is it that they're afraid, or is it that only the actions of Americans can provoke rage in the streets? Or that one can be confident that protesting against the US will not be met with retribution or brutality.

The machete attack killing the UK soldier was similarly met with a tut-tut, then a big yawn. Why is that? Where is the anger?

Jihad inhumanity is real and widespread. I lament that news of its common recurrence is met with passivity and acceptance.

con-pilot
29th Sep 2013, 03:08
I think the problem we have here is one of translation. We think it is the Religion of peace, when in fact it very well may be the Religion of piece.

As in the pieces of the bodies of non-Muslims and pieces of the wrong sect of fellow Muslims.

As for the 'love' bit, they love to blow up non-Muslims and the wrong sect of Muslims.

I think I have it all sorted out now.

obgraham
29th Sep 2013, 05:19
Yes,these vermin should be sentenced to wearing their underwear on their head and looking at naked women.

That should make up for them mutilating children.

sitigeltfel
29th Sep 2013, 06:16
If so, why aren't millions of Europeans out marching in protest? Is it that they're afraid, or is it that only the actions of Americans can provoke rage in the streets? Or that one can be confident that protesting against the US will not be met with retribution or brutality.

Very true. You only have to look at the recent seizure and arrest of the Greenpeace ship and its crew by the Russians, and the subsequent roar of silence from those who would be frothing at the mouth had the action been taken by a Western power.
Criticism of the Centre is frowned upon, Comrade!

If the politics and regime coincides with their agenda, they see nothing wrong with it.

500N
29th Sep 2013, 07:29
About time someone took Greenpeace to task.
Well done the Russians, pity they didn't sink the boat.

I wish Japan would play hard ball with them or at
least harder than they have been.

Teldorserious
29th Sep 2013, 07:48
Well you know, somebody, somewhere, is trying to kill someone else, and everyone sits back and talks but does nothing about it.

Any country with a decent special ops team could make an insertion into Somalia and send a message. But why do it?

Best to get those budgets up, food for the fear, 'see, more terrorism', getting the citizens to throw more money at a problem that no one really wants to solve.

A drone strike hear or there, keeps the nuts killing some innocents. They spend hundreds on AK, we spend billions.

G-CPTN
29th Sep 2013, 21:17
BBC News - Kenyan minister evades questions on Westgate warnings (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24324359)

Dak Man
29th Sep 2013, 21:56
Media making up (or being force fed) shit again

Daily Mail

The executioner: Caught on CCTV, the horrific moment Al Shabaab gunman took deadly aim at hostages in Nairobi mall massacre

http://www.fbi.gov/miami/press-releases/images/mm041610a_4.jpg

Eff Bee Eye Release from 2010

FBI Releases Photographs in Latest Hoax Bomb Bank Robbery
FBI MiamiApril 16, 2010

Special Agent Michael D. Leverock(305) 944-9101

The FBI is releasing photographs from a bank robbery that took place on Monday, April 12, 2010, at Eastern Financial Federal Credit Union, 2500 S. University Drive, Miramar, Florida at around 10:30 a.m.
FBI ? FBI Releases Photographs in Latest Hoax Bomb Bank Robbery (http://www.fbi.gov/miami/press-releases/2010/mm041610a.htm)

http://www.fbi.gov/miami/press-releases/images/mm041610a_4.jpg

G-CPTN
29th Sep 2013, 23:24
BBC News - On the trail of al-Shabab?s Kenyan recruitment 'pipeline' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24326328)

SASless
29th Sep 2013, 23:36
SpecOps....send a message.....hell no!

Send a few hundred B-52's with max throw weight of 500 and 1000 Pound old fashioned bombs.....aim the cross hairs on every single Mosque, Madrassa, and Clan Leaders house.

What are they going to do.....hate us? Gouge out our eyes....cut off our Wedding Tackle....murder our children and infants?

They believe in an Eye for an Eye.....then fair dinkum.....we believe in Pay Back is a Bitch!

Identify the group that is culpable or whoever claims it.....and lay waste to them just like it was the Dark Ages they want to live in!

pigboat
30th Sep 2013, 00:29
Very true. You only have to look at the recent seizure and arrest of the Greenpeace ship and its crew by the Russians, and the subsequent roar of silence from those who would be frothing at the mouth had the action been taken by a Western power.

Greenpeace's Mid-life Crisis. (http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2013/09/21/rex-murphy-greenpeaces-mid-life-crisis/)

Which brings me to Greenpeace.
The group comes to mind now only because it has stumbled into the headlines after ticking off a country that really doesn’t care much what Greenpeace thinks: Vladimir Putin’s Russia. Environmental groups long ago learned that there are some countries it’s best to kind of glance at and pass by, Russia under Putin being very much among them.

SASless, it'll never happen mate. But we can still hope I suppose.

SASless
30th Sep 2013, 02:32
Hope Springs Eternal!:E

radeng
30th Sep 2013, 09:34
SAS

do the same with the Somali pirates villages. Although a few Q ships would work, although ideally from a country where the law is that any pirates taken alive are immediately hanged.

Nobody complains about eradicating smallpox or polio, and these maniacs are just as deadly and need eliminating as well.

500N
30th Sep 2013, 09:36
A few more Limpet mines might be useful ;)

cavortingcheetah
30th Sep 2013, 09:47
In the olden days, when one of the objectives of defeating your enemy was to stop his children growing up into being the killers of your children, the jolly old Romans, et alii, used to visit the sins of the fathers on subsequent generations and extirpate entire families, regardless of age or sex, before the offspring of the active murderous generation could grow up to be the destroyers of your subsequent ones. There's an irony here that, in terms of Christian theological philosophy, has become lost in translation. One fears though that the point will be well made in the development of the younger generation of those who adhere to certain other faiths.

SASless
30th Sep 2013, 13:28
When the News Media started advertising the "Million Muslim March" to take place in Washington, DC on September 11th this year.....and a Motorcycle Group was refused a Parade Permit by the US Park Police and the Capitol Police.....I and a few of my friends decided to take a Ride around DC and then do some Sight Seeing down town.

As it turned out....despite all the hype by the Media about the Million Muslim thing.....30 or less of them turned out.....and over a Million of us turned out.

Now it is the Truckers who are going to take a drive into DC....and probably there shall be a Motorcycle Escort for them.

2 Million Bikers to DC 9/11/13 pt.2 - YouTube

500N
30th Sep 2013, 13:31
SaS

That is impressive.

Why did they refuse the permit ???????

Or is that part of a hidden Obama policy ?

Lonewolf_50
30th Sep 2013, 14:06
Over this past weekend, the mutual peace and love factions in Iraq deployed about 40 news souls to paradise by using car bombs.

Very kind hearted, to send their neighbors to paradise instead of living in the shit hole Iraq has become now that they are free to be themselves.

SASless
30th Sep 2013, 14:21
Depending upon which Official is asked....and which version of several given by some of them at different times....all for safety and traffic control. Of course....not one mentioned the concern they had about two slightly differing belief systems coming into contact with one another in the streets of DC.

You must remember....the Obama Administration views "Right Wingers, Conservatives, Veterans, some Veterans Groups" as being a threat to Homeland Security....all the while steadfastly refusing to make such comments about Islamic Groups.

You do recall the DOD, FBI, DHS, and other Federal Agencies have had to edit all of their Training Materials to remove such references to Islamic Groups.

What is of interest to me was the fact the Park Police had a Helicopter perched overhead our meeting point doing surveillance of us prior to the start of the Ride despite our being far from any Park Police Jurisdiction. Other Federal Police activities were noted as well although the Local and State Police were very supportive of our Ride and showed that both by assisting in traffic control but also by standing at Attention and Saluting as we rode by....Fire Fighters displayed Flags on their Fire Wagons and either waved Flags or Saluted....Highway Workers cheered us on....and understood we were also riding to show respect to the Police and Fire Fighters who died on 9-11 during the Attacks. The Ride had two functions....remembering those lost on 9-11 and protesting the Muslims who would pick that particular date to do a protest in the Nation's Capital.

What was particularly interesting .....on one of the hottest days of the Year....the DC Traffic Cams showed little or no traffic....no Motorcycles....and in some cases....SNOW on the Ground. I guess they wanted to give the impression we were not there.

vee-tail-1
30th Sep 2013, 14:36
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj71/vee-tail-1/deathorjoy_zps44b550ff.jpg

From these black clad aliens walking our streets, will come the next generation of Islamist killers.

vee-tail-1
30th Sep 2013, 14:42
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj71/vee-tail-1/RepatriationofMuslims_zpsb263f667.jpg
Best solution ...

obgraham
30th Sep 2013, 17:11
Sasless
I'm pleased to see that you and your biker friends were not bamboozled into giving up their constitutional rights of free assembly.

This was an important statement, and out here it got far too little media coverage.

rgbrock1
30th Sep 2013, 17:18
obgraham wrote:

This was an important statement, and out here it got far too little media coverage.

Excuse me if I'm wrong but I never thought Washington state was the pinnacle of conservative thought, or?

obgraham
30th Sep 2013, 17:28
Excuse me if I'm wrong but I never thought Washington state was the pinnacle of conservative thought, or? Well not over there in the land of Jimmy McDermott. But over here east of the mountains, we still have a bit of "common sense".

Trouble is, of course, we are vastly outnumbered, so we get lumped in.

rgbrock1
30th Sep 2013, 17:32
ob:

Yes, Common Sense is something lacking nowadays. Especially in the other Washington.

Perhaps the dumb asses in DC might do themselves all a favor and read Common Sense. I'm sure Mr. Paine might prove enlightening to them. Er, maybe not.

Krystal n chips
30th Sep 2013, 19:11
Nice to see the Offa's Dyke 1st Btn, The Mitty Volunteers, has not yet retired with the arrival of those Autumnal nights, still valiantly guarding the nation against the impending invasion .....does your intel. section, or rather the dog, have a date yet ?...in case, as per another thread, one needs to be prepared...although, come to think of it, you could always recruit a foreign legion as it were.

There would seem to be enough self proclaimed military expertise ( ret'd ) to support your ceaseless defence of this onset of Armageddon that you prophesy.....a bit like Mystic Meg actually.

However, astute analysis of your cunning new plan reveals a recourse to when we were fighting those damn Hun chappies....and the adroit use of cartoons for propaganda to educate the masses !

Dashed clever thinking Captain M.!...if you don't mind me addressing you incognito that is.

Solid Rust Twotter
1st Oct 2013, 08:48
Smash 'n grab in Kenya mall siege
2013-09-30 19:07

Nairobi - Jewellery cases smashed. Mobile phones ripped from displays. Cash registers emptied. Laptops gone.

Shop owners at Westgate Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, are returning to their stores following a devastating terrorist attack to find much of their valuables ransacked. One witness told The Associated Press that he even saw a soldier take cigarettes out of a dead man's pocket.

Shop owners and managers spent Monday carting merchandise and other valuables out of their shops and restaurants. No one knows when the mall will open again. Valuables are being removed so nothing more is stolen.

Employees of a book shop returned to find cash registers open and the cash gone. The store's laptops were also stolen.

Shop owner Paku Tsavani, though, said all the shop's books remained in place.

Freebies good, knowledge bad.

SASless
1st Oct 2013, 15:31
Obie......I was only considering going to the Ride as I have a lot going on right now.....then I saw the Park Police denied the Permit. At that point....I as did hundreds of thousands of other Bikers....said...."We don't need no Stinking Permit!".

The more the Progressives and Obama/Holder try to steal away our Rights....the more adamant I am about proving I reject that notion!

Read up on the coming General Strike by American Truckers scheduled for 11-15 October.

The same group of Bikers have been invited to participate in the Truckers ride into Downtown DC.

Several other Conservative Groups are getting involved as well.

Now if we could get the Tea Party to hold the "Third Tea Party March" we would really rock DC!

US Truckers To Shut Down America Headed to DC Instead To Protect Your Rights!! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/embed/LhwcDXgZ8u0)

G-CPTN
1st Oct 2013, 19:22
BBC News - Kenya Westgate attack: Claims of widespread looting (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24356616)

SOPS
1st Oct 2013, 19:31
it makes you wonder.....

500N
1st Oct 2013, 19:39
SaSless

Good to see someone taking the fight up to Obama and others,
the media sure as hell aren't.

I read a great line the other day about the US Media carrying the water
for the Obama administration. I thought it was a great way of putting it.

Dak Man
1st Oct 2013, 19:56
Was it Rand Paul that said that?

500N
1st Oct 2013, 20:12
No, Seymour Hersh who I had never heard of.

I can't find the original article I read it in but
in doing a google search, here are the same words
in the Daily Mail.

'Pathetic!' Award-winning journalist Seymour Hersh slams American press for not challenging US government's 'LIES' about Bin Laden raid | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2436610/Pathetic-Award-winning-journalist-Seymour-Hersh-slams-American-press-challenging-US-governments-LIES-Bin-Laden-raid.html)

and a US blog
Seymour Hersh Rips US Media: 'Carrying Water for Obama' (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/09/27/seymour-hersh-rips-media-carrying-obamas-water)

Krystal n chips
2nd Oct 2013, 06:45
" Several other Conservative Groups are getting involved as well.

Now if we could get the Tea Party to hold the "Third Tea Party March" we would really rock DC"

About this little, ahem, "meeting of minds".

As you are no doubt aware, planning is everything so I do hope you don't mind me asking here...you have checked the social diaries of Ms Alice and Mr Hare for the day in question ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-DZ4D_zU-E

SASless
2nd Oct 2013, 07:20
Our Muslim Friends have the solution to Mr. Hare!

LiveLeak.com - Man Trying to Show off With a Big Machine Gun But Bites the Dust

sitigeltfel
2nd Oct 2013, 07:31
Another one bites the dust...

dvrdbHo0SG4

500N
2nd Oct 2013, 07:50
Their is another video of someone firing an RPG
in a street and someone is in or close to the BBDA.

Funny to watch.

pigboat
3rd Oct 2013, 14:12
Interesting article.

Quadrant Online - Young, angry, male and Muslim (http://www.quadrant.org.au/blogs/qed/2013/10/young-angry-male-and-muslim)

Andu
3rd Oct 2013, 15:27
The Quadrant article is well worth reading in full.

vee-tail-1
3rd Oct 2013, 17:38
pigboat that article should be read worldwide. Have put it on my facebook page as a starter. It's not often in this debate that the facts are stated with such clarity. Thanx for posting it. :ok:

pr00ne
3rd Oct 2013, 17:55
Basil,

Are you real? Do you honestly believe the arrant nonsense that you tend to post?

"will we all be overwhelmed?" "will Europe fall?" "would many be happy to accept islam?"

If you look at a few facts for a change, you will see the true size of the "islamist" populations of western countries and see that it is a tiny percentage, that of that tiny percentage only an even tinier percentage want anything to do with the likes of sharia law.

Cultural sovereignty? Contingency plans?

Suggest you either seek therapy or join the rest of us down here in the real world.

rgbrock1
3rd Oct 2013, 18:06
prOOne wrote:

If you look at a few facts for a change, you will see the true size of the "islamist" populations of western countries and see that it is a tiny percentage, that of that tiny percentage only an even tinier percentage want anything to do with the likes of sharia law.

What you wrote is very true and accurate.

What is alarming, however, is the birth rates amongst these small percentages of the population. Very alarming. :eek:

vee-tail-1
3rd Oct 2013, 18:17

prOOne have you visited Leicester, Bradford, Birmingham, Leeds, London, and most other UK cities recently? The numbers of black veiled Muslim women (usually pregnant with children) seen there are hardly a tiny percentage. :hmm:

Also if you have studied the complexities of Islam and the Muslim religion, you will know that it is the DUTY of every Muslim to bring about an Islamic state under Sharia law.
Surely if you really are a practising barrister you must be familiar with the Islamic trilogy (Koran Hadith and Sira)?

Krystal n chips
3rd Oct 2013, 18:19
Basil.

Relax....the Offa's Dyke Peoples Republican Army Defence Force has the contingency all planned...the covert barricades ( April-October only ) are all ready in place, as are the sea defences, well a couple of strategically located deckchair revetments at any rate, should the invasion be seaborne that is, and, kept from public view, the stealth airfix kits in a seemingly disused hangar at Hxxxxxxxxxt can be converted into drones within 24 hrs.

If you want to get involved, I suspect there is a vacancy for an Intel.Officer as the dog doesn't really go out much in the winter.

Some form of co-ordination experience may well prove invaluable however, given that operations of this clandestine force need to be co-ordinated along with the medication issue times....this could be the tricky part.

Dak Man
3rd Oct 2013, 18:20
VT1, IIRC the UK has a Muslim demograph of ~5%, of which the vast majority (my assumption and in my experience) is moderate and do not follow the Koran et al to the letter so I think that your assertion about their DUTY is disingenuous at best.

BenThere
3rd Oct 2013, 18:22
Even more alarming is that Western culture doesn't seem to think itself worth the effort to defend.

We have not inculcated our progeny with the values of Freedom, tolerance, economic diligence, and other fruits of the Renaissance. Instead we have fostered self-scrutiny to the point that a good portion of our youth might even think our downfall might be a good thing. After all, the climate would be saved, third world victims of capitalism would be vindicated, and Christian dogma would be stomped out once and for all.

So here we are, waiting to be overcome or even slaughtered at the hands of the more zealous. Rome went through the same thing.

rgbrock1
3rd Oct 2013, 18:22
Quaaludes, K&C, Quaaludes. They work wonders. :ok:

pigboat
4th Oct 2013, 00:37

Fair comment but if you read this paragraph from the article one could ask just how tiny a percentage is required.

There is also the potential for an intentional infiltration of radical Islamists amongst the genuine refugees. This technique was used as a deliberate policy by the Soviet Politburo in the not-too-distant past to discredit genuine emigration from the USSR. The participation of American and British citizens in the recent Kenyan shopping-mall massacre, home-grown terror cells responsible for London and Madrid bombings, participation of Australian citizens in the Syrian civil war represent but a few examples. Inevitably, they point out the danger associated with the presence of radicalised Islamic minorities within previously peaceful societies.

Recently in Canada the police foiled a plot to bomb a New York to Toronto Via Rail passenger train as it crossed the Niagara Gorge. The suspects had been in this country as students to obtain an education unavailable to them in their countries of origin. The usual gang of idiots tripped over their foreskins in the rush to tell all and sundry what upstanding citizens they are. Here's how things are unfolding at the court appearance of one suspect.

You are not my wife: VIA terror suspect refuses to be touched by female officer after court appearance | National Post (http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/09/23/raed-jaser-and-chiheb-esseghaier-via-terror-plot-accused-to-head-directly-to-trial-without-preliminary-hearing/)

vee-tail-1
4th Oct 2013, 09:57
the UK has a Muslim demograph of ~5%, of which the vast majority (my assumption and in my experience) is moderate and do not follow the Koran et al to the letter

Moderate in this context means not actually killing anyone or letting off bombs.

Moderate also means voting en masse for Muslim MPs chosen by their imam. Those MPs then amend perfectly reasonable laws against racism, to make criticism of religion into a hate crime. Meanwhile the Muslim Chief prosecutor of the London CPS recruits lawyers from Pakistan to investigate these 'hate' crimes. The chief spends part of his time at tax payers’ expense lecturing in London schools about Sharia law and 'islamaphobia'.

We ordinary folk hear of the fight against 'hate' crime, and education to eliminate 'islamaphobia', via the BBC ... Where programmes are approved by Muslim managers.

Yea yea moderate Muslims :rolleyes: ...

Wise up Dak Man! ... When they get full control of us they will get you as well.

sitigeltfel
4th Oct 2013, 13:10
Glasgow pupils put at risk because of the unwarranted concerns of a minority of Muslim parents...

Flu vaccine concerns (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-24394844)

A letter sent to Glasgow schools in the wake of concerns cites a World Health Organisation study in 2001 which indicated that Islamic and Jewish scholars had agreed pork gelatine was permissible within a vaccine.
However, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHSGGC), whose area contains most of Scotland's Muslims, said it had put back the rollout of the vaccinations "following concerns raised by a small number of parents".
Why are non-muslim children being denied this immunisation because of the backward views of a tiny minority? They will be the first ones stampeding to their doctors if their kids catch the bug. Childrens medical services in immigrant areas are already under strain from the congenital defects caused by marrying and having babies with their first cousins.

Once again government is bending over backwards to appease Muslims when they should be told to conform, or ship out to their countries of origin, where the risk of catching flu would be the least of their worries.

rgbrock1
4th Oct 2013, 13:44
Basil wrote:

Just about what I'd expect from the usual suspects who will, of course, know well that misuse of psychiatry against political opponents was widely practised in the Soviet Union.

Sure was. Alexsandr Solzhenitsyn found that out the hard way.

Blacksheep
4th Oct 2013, 13:45
...to make criticism of religion into a hate crime...Hmm. Seems like a perfectly acceptable "double-edged sword" to me. A "we won't criticise your religion and you won't criticise ours - or else its off to jail and don't pass GO" sort of thing. :)

rgbrock1
4th Oct 2013, 14:25
Basil. Are you Jewish? I ask because you take three days off from the drinking of the product of the vine. :}:}:}

I do not have that problem because a: I am not Jewish and b: I don't take ANY days off from drinking beer. That would be such a waste and an insult to the beer just sitting there all lonely and shit just begging to be drank. (Or is that drunk?) :E:E:E

sitigeltfel
4th Oct 2013, 17:42
...to make criticism of religion into a hate crime... How about proscribing religions whose teachings openly advocate the murder of those who do not see things as they do?

500N
4th Oct 2013, 20:39
sitigeltfel

Re the Muslims, agree. Reminiscent of those that didn't want kids immunized,
now we have the situation where we can get cluster outbreaks because we don't get or have full coverage.

They were worried about it this year here in Aus with measles.

Why pander to the minority. Give it to everyone else and be done with it,
if the others want it, let them catch up.

pigboat
4th Oct 2013, 21:18
Why are non-muslim children being denied this immunisation because of the backward views of a tiny minority?
Because when science conflicts with political correctness, guess which one gets thrown under the bus?

lomapaseo
4th Oct 2013, 21:46
.Re the Muslims, agree. Reminiscent of those that didn't want kids immunized,
now we have the situation where we can get cluster outbreaks because we don't get or have full coverage.

been that way for ages over here

first it was penicillin, then polio and god knows how many were missed because they didn't have universal health care since then.

Next thing you know we'll have enforced sterilization, that ought to fix the problem

500N
6th Oct 2013, 14:51
Are the Mods deleting / censoring posts here ?

Seems a few have been deleted ?

lomapaseo
6th Oct 2013, 15:34
Are the Mods deleting / censoring posts here ?

Sure looks like it.

I seem to recall we started getting personal about Obama's family which is a no-no.

500N
9th Oct 2013, 11:08
"Thousands of Islamist extremists in the UK see the British public as a legitimate target for attacks, the director general of MI5 has warned.

British-based jihadists will one day return from the killing fields of Syria and turn their new-found skills on the population back home."

And thousands of military trained people are just as capable of taking
up the challenge and responding accordingly. They seem to think it
is a one way street but those out of the military don't have to adhere
to stupid ROE's so can play the same way as they do.

SOPS
9th Oct 2013, 11:41
I was just about the say the same thing. Isn't it time we started to fight back, instead of this huggy fluff hands off approach?

500N
9th Oct 2013, 11:49
SOPS

No, you can't start it, they need to start it otherwise everyone else
is just as bad as them. But I do think that one day if and when
they do start something they will get a bit of a shock at the
response from the civilian population but that is my view.

What do you think ?

funfly
9th Oct 2013, 11:57
Although I share some of the opinions I would advise caution in turning your thoughts into the written word on here.

rgbrock1
9th Oct 2013, 13:54
500N wrote

And thousands of military trained people are just as capable of taking
up the challenge and responding accordingly. They seem to think it
is a one way street but those out of the military don't have to adhere
to stupid ROE's so can play the same way as they do.

Difficult to fight back, as a military trained person, when you have no weapon(s) to do so, eh?

500N
9th Oct 2013, 13:59
Why do you say that ?

There are plenty of illegal forearms in the UK and
plenty more can be shipped in from Europe if needed.

I was told a lot of the illegal firearms come in on the
fishing boats up north.

rgbrock1
9th Oct 2013, 14:23
500N:

But from all the reading on this here hallowed threads, I've been under the impression that the folks of the UK have been effectively disarmed and there are no guns in the hands of Joe, and Josephine, Smith. Thus, no gun crime.

SASless
9th Oct 2013, 14:35
Oh yes....do tell us about the backlash if they were to do something horrible....like say driving a car over a Soldier then hacking him to death with machetes. Remind me again on how that turned out that day.....the witnesses mobbed up and did the Perps in did they?

Get real Man....you folks don't have the mettle, will, or means to do anything.

Sad but true...you have already lost out by pure apathy.....just as we are going to lose to the Mexican Invasion that is underway in the USA.

Our governments have caused the situation and there is nothing we can really do about it. At least over here if the People did decide to rise up we have the Means.....all we need is the right provocation and the Will.

Whether the last exists is the worry.

G&T ice n slice
9th Oct 2013, 17:29
No-one really understands the English, least of all the English...
But one day, someone will finally push that last little red button and we will turn into a nation of berserkers.

Just because we say "sorry" when someone steps on our toe, or merely mutter slightly when johnny-foreigner jumps the queue, or whatever....

It was not part of their blood,
It came to them very late
With long arrears to make good,
When the English began to hate.

They were not easily moved,
They were icy-willing to wait
Till every count should be proved,
Ere the English began to hate.

Their voices were even and low,
Their eyes were level and straight.
There was neither sign nor show,

It was not preached to the crowd,
It was not taught by the State.
No man spoke it aloud,

It was not suddenly bred,
It will not swiftly abate,
Through the chill years ahead,
When Time shall count from the date
That the English began to hate.

Krystal n chips
9th Oct 2013, 18:09
" But from all the reading on this here hallowed threads, I've been under the impression that the folks of the UK have been effectively disarmed and there are no guns in the hands of Joe, and Josephine, Smith. Thus, no gun crime.

Outstanding !....as I believe the term is when used by the U.S Military....when recognising effort, however minimal, but still, effort should be noted.....even after how many threads and indeed years on this planet ?

Now, Part 2 of this puzzle for you.

Having established the above, why is this the case ?.

Feel free to confer.....

" Get real Man....you folks don't have the mettle, will, or means to do anything" .

And faced with the situation you describe, and we all know about the tragic event thank you, what, precisely, would you have done as an individual had you encountered this murder taking place ?.

I think you will find that several ladies, that's members of the opposite sex in case you are confused, demonstrated a very high level of personal bravery at the time....all, I believe without uttering the words "Special Agent, freeze asshole!"..or whatever Hollywood inspired challenge is uttered from the dulcet gobs at the time.

rgbrock1
9th Oct 2013, 18:12
KnC wrote:

Having established the above, why is this the case ?.

Feel free to confer.....

Um, because Brits prefer to knife each other to death instead of shooting each other? (Ban the knives then, damn it.)

Um, so that the next Caliphate will be easier to implement in Britain with a disarmed population?

500N
9th Oct 2013, 18:14
RGB

The UK citizens have no HAND GUNS but plenty of Rifles and Shotguns.
And plenty of Sniper Rifles, almost all bolt action rifles in the UK are
silenced.

And you forget one thing. Any country that has Police and Military
has an ample supply of all and every type of firearm and AT device
ever required !!!

Now, what were you saying about unarmed ?

rgbrock1
9th Oct 2013, 18:17
500N:

Thanks for clarifying. It's more than I get from the usual snide comments proffered by the usual culprits.

BTW: AT weapons? Anti-tank? :eek:

500N
9th Oct 2013, 18:23
Yes, Anti Tank.

That's why it always makes me laugh when everyone says "unarmed"
when the Gov't will provide all the arms you need if everything turns
to shyte.

Just look at PNG, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, all have had Police stations,
Barracks etc raided and Weapons stolen.

con-pilot
9th Oct 2013, 18:30
How about part three?

Part three, only the radical Muslims will have the guns.

As in the case of Drummer Rigby, the killers were the only ones that had a gun for over 20 minutes. Thank God it misfired, next it may not.

Feel free to confer...

Krystal n chips
9th Oct 2013, 18:32
" The UK citizens have no HAND GUNS but plenty of Rifles and Shotguns" .

Do we ?......so, can you provide supportive evidence to this statement, such as the quantity and ownership ratio perhaps...certainly with rifles.

I haven't actually seem many people carrying rifles in the UK, so I may be missing something here that I was unaware of.

500N
9th Oct 2013, 18:38
Krystal

Don't have any Stats, don't know what the ration is, sorry.
I doubt it is very high percentage wise.

"I haven't actually seem many people carrying rifles in the UK, so I may be missing something here that I was unaware of. "

Well, like Australia, you wouldn't unless you were at a range or
out hunting. People tend not to walk down the street with them :ooh:

In any case, I thought we were talking after law and order
had broken down ?

SASless
9th Oct 2013, 18:46
Krystal,

And faced with the situation you describe, and we all know about the tragic event thank you, what, precisely, would you have done as an individual had you encountered this murder taking place ?.

As I have a Concealed Carry Weapon Permit, and I usually tote this:

http://cdn2.cheaperthandirt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Glock22.jpg

I would have done my best to render the Perpetrators Combat In-effective and try to stop the evil bastards from hacking the Soldier to Death.

Now let's turn it around......Exactly what would you have done?

500N
9th Oct 2013, 18:52
It always makes me smile to think it was 3 unarmed women who confronted
those killers on the street until the Armed Police turned up.

wings folded
9th Oct 2013, 19:27
Not a single aspect of this terrible episode makes me smile.

rgbrock1
9th Oct 2013, 20:09
SASless asked KnC:

Now let's turn it around......Exactly what would you have done?

And we still have no answer.

Thus, rgbrock1 will pose an answer to the question.

"Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya. Oh my lord, kumbaya. Someone's laughing my lord, kumbaya, someone's laughing my lord...."

That's how we deal with Islamic terrorists SASless. What the hell else did you think, huh?

wings folded
9th Oct 2013, 20:23
As I have a Concealed Carry Weapon Permit,which has, in London, about as much worth as a losing lottery ticket from two months ago, you would have introduced your pretty firearm illegally into the country, and had you used it, you would have found yourself in deep trouble for premeditated murder without a self defense argument since you were not the target.

So if you respected the laws of where you were, what would you have done?

Or do you have no regard for the laws of where you happen to be?

Solid Rust Twotter
9th Oct 2013, 20:23
Difficult to fight back, as a military trained person, when you have no weapon(s) to do so, eh?

Improvise, Mr Rock. You've been around long enough to have seen how effective some of those things can be.

500N
9th Oct 2013, 20:37
SRT

Re "Improvise, Mr Rock."

I think RGB has "lost" it.

Sad to see.

rgbrock1
9th Oct 2013, 20:47
Nope, rgb hasn't lost it. And, yes, one can certainly improvise.
Off the top of my head I can think of 10 different ways the scum bags in London could have been taken out, sans any firepower.

:ok::ok::ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
9th Oct 2013, 20:48
With the levels of technology those boys have access to, I'm not surprised, Mr Nitro. Some of us are still in the stone age when it comes to Gucci kit.

500N
9th Oct 2013, 20:52
"Gucci kit."
Aaahhh yes, the Multi tool soldier who carries everything :O

Agree, some good stuff around but you still need to be able to
improvise when all the nice kit isn't available.

RGB
"could have been taken out, sans any firepower."

Starting with using a car of which plenty were available.

G-CPTN
9th Oct 2013, 21:27
Starting with using a car of which plenty were available.
Wasn't that the weapon used initially by the assailants to strike down Drummer Rigby?

con-pilot
9th Oct 2013, 21:34
So if you respected the laws of where you were, what would you have done?

Or do you have no regard for the laws of where you happen to be?

I believe that I can answer for most of us, we respect the laws of any country we visit, may not agree with some of them, but we respect and obey the laws of other countries when we visit them.

I know I do in all the countries I have visited, which is very numerous. Even when I was with the Marshal Service, unless specifically authorized by the government of the country we where in, we did not carry guns in countries that did not allow such, even Canada.

500N
9th Oct 2013, 21:34
Yes, I think so.

Krystal n chips
10th Oct 2013, 05:43
" As I have a Concealed Carry Weapon Permit, and I usually tote this "

I seem to recall you saying you intend to visit the UK next year. If you do, feel free to produce this piece of paper, along with your concealed weapon, when you are having an interesting and detailed conversation with any of the Police forces whose areas you may be visiting.

Just for you SASless.......it's the, ahem lyrics you understand....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URuBNxdQbX4

rgb....Sir ! I was consuming my dinner sir !....spinach and mushroom pie with beans sir !..and then watching C4 News..sir !.hence the delay in replying.

One apologises profusely for this lapse in decorum of course.

What would I have done ?....probably the same as everybody else, the ladies excepted. Irrespective of the context, it is impossible to predict how any of us would / will react when faced with circumstances that are life threatening.

However, there is a well established psychological aspect regarding the presence of a woman in diffusing male aggression which is what transpired.

Although I did once find myself standing between two gentlemen in Belfast, on my left the green faction, on my right, the orange, both holding Stanley knives...this may give you a clue that both business and social conversation had ceased at this point, the conversations between the two being "somewhat polarised".......and thus, being a devout coward and a lentil eater, one diffused the situation by taking the proverbial out of both of them.....and myself....starting with myself and ending with myself.

Normal conversation then resumed.

MagnusP
10th Oct 2013, 12:39
Sir ! I was consuming my dinner sir !....spinach and mushroom pie with beans sir !..

Ah. This may explain the lack of red-bloodedness.

sitigeltfel
10th Oct 2013, 12:44
Ah. This may explain the lack of red-bloodedness.

And the whiff of Methane.

Solid Rust Twotter
10th Oct 2013, 12:52
And the whiff of Methane.

Well, I did say improvise....:ooh:

bcgallacher
10th Oct 2013, 13:24
The John Wayne syndrome seems to be rearing its ugly head again!

Capetonian
12th Oct 2013, 11:07
QUOTES by Joseph Ole Lenku, the Kenyan interior minister:

"All the terrorists were men, except about three women"
"We killed all the terrorists even though we have not seen their bodies"
"No police officer looted anything from the Mall. All the goods had been removed by the terrorists by the time we arrived"
"That tunnel was guarded by the police and no one would pass through it. However, we suspect those who were arrested at
the airport used it to escape
"I can't confirm what I always say" - "No terrorist escaped from the mall, but we arrested some of them at the airport"
"We're on the final assault. We want to confirm whether the attackers died or they are pretending"
"We managed to kill 3 to 5 terrorists but we can't confirm how many were killed by gun."
"We're in control of all the floors - It's only on the 2nd floor that we're facing resistance."
"We managed to kill all the 5 terrorists, they were 15 in number"
"A few gun shots were heard but I confirm that those were popcorns being roasted by onlookers!"

SOPS
12th Oct 2013, 11:14
He sounds a bit like that guy from Iraq, what was his name? The information minister wasn't he?

Capetonian
12th Oct 2013, 11:31
Wasn't that the one they nicknamed 'Chemical Ali', or was that 'Comical Ali'?

BenThere
12th Oct 2013, 20:22
Chemical Ali was another guy, one of the inner circle generals who orchestrated chemical attacks on Iraqi Kurds for Saddam.

We called Saddam's Goldilocks press secretary "Baghdad Bob", who kept saying, "All is well", even as US forces entered Baghdad in 2003.

G-CPTN
21st Oct 2013, 12:10
BBC News - Westgate Mall attack: CCTV 'shows soldiers looting' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24609717)

Lonewolf_50
23rd Oct 2013, 17:15
Father from Religion of Peace sets fire to daughter for keeping in touch with her fiance. (http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/23/21091254-dad-burned-teenage-daughter-to-death-for-contacting-fiance-yemen-police?lite)

Why did he do that? She was already a hottie. :ugh:

BenThere
23rd Oct 2013, 17:27
In the same article a side story about the death of the eight year old bride from hemorrhage on her wedding night.

Is there someone from BBC who can tell me what a great culture this is?

Captain Sand Dune
24th Oct 2013, 08:07
But wait, there's more...

A COUPLE have been beheaded for daring to have a love affair outside marriage and bringing shame on their families.
The couple, from Afghanistan's conservative Helmand province, were reportedly kidnapped, beaten and beheaded before their bodies were buried in an unmarked grave.
Police said they believed the couple, who are in their 20s, were killed by family members who were ashamed they had been living together outside marriage.
It is understood a group of 10 men broke into the couple's home on Monday in the provincial capital Lashkar Gah and kidnapped them both.
Police official Mohammad Ismail Hotak said the couple's beheaded bodies were found the next day.
An older brother of the male victim told police the woman had run away with his sibling and had been living in their family home, the Daily Mail reported.
"Local residents reported that there were two bodies in the graveyard. We went there and found them. Both were beheaded," he said.
"From our investigations, we have found that the two had a love affair. We believe the family and relatives of the girl are behind the killing."
Police also said the man had recently said he loved the woman and wanted to marry her.
Couples who live together outside of marriage are frowned upon and are considered shameful in the deeply conservative country still reeling from years of hard line Taliban rule.
Violence against women is also not uncommon in the country with 4000 cases reported from March to October in 2011 alone, according to human rights group Amnesty International.
Crimes against women for supposed adultery charges are not uncommon either.
In July, an Afghan women named as Najiba was shot on charges of adultery, reportedly by a Taliban insurgent.
Any apologists care to explain?

Blacksheep
24th Oct 2013, 08:17
There's some dreadful uncivilised places on our planet, where there is no respect for the law and public gun-toting is normal for male members of society.

Then there's the 13 year old boy carrying a toy assault rifle and a plastic cowboy pistol who didn't "drop the weapon!" when instructed to do so by the police. So they shot him dead.

sitigeltfel
24th Oct 2013, 08:19
Police also said the man had recently said he loved the woman and wanted to marry her.Had this been Wolverhampton, and the girl was a 14yo white girl, they would have seen it as acceptable.

Capetonian
24th Oct 2013, 08:31
Samantha Lewthwaite gave birth to fourth child at private Johannesburg health clinic - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/10400432/Samantha-Lewthwaite-gave-birth-to-fourth-child-at-private-Johannesburg-health-clinic.html)

The Telegraph can now disclosed that the picture was taken inside the Genesis clinic, which is situated in the leafy and exclusive Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold. It has eight private rooms with facilities more commonly found in a boutique hotel, including double beds, mahogany furniture, minibars, marble-clad bathrooms and individual gardens.

Her use of the clinic seems somewhat at odds with her alleged alliance to an extreme Islamic terror group intent on attacking Western targets.

No great surprise there then!

G-CPTN
29th Oct 2013, 13:20
BBC News - Kenyan soldiers jailed for Westgate looting (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24727600)

Lonewolf_50
29th Oct 2013, 14:05
Then there's the 13 year old boy carrying a toy assault rifle and a plastic cowboy pistol who didn't "drop the weapon!" when instructed to do so by the police. So they shot him dead.
One less moron using up good air. You can't fix stupid. Some thoughts from Robert Heinlein:

“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.” (The context of this remark is the universe vis a vis which species and societies survive, and which don't.)
"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity." (Self explanatory)
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity -- not necessarily in that order." (Self explanatory)

If one is stupid enough to willfully defy a policeman with his firearm out, one does not belong in the gene pool. Darwin wrote books about people like that. There was an infamous movie line from the fictional Sgt Striker, USMC: "Life's tough, but it's really tough if you are stupid."

Back to peace and love: in Iraq, they are sharing the peace and love so intensely it's scaring the locals. (http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21139521-war-weary-iraqis-scared-to-leave-homes-as-violence-reaches-levels-not-seen-since-2008?lite)

Solid Rust Twotter
29th Oct 2013, 14:13
BBC News - Kenyan soldiers jailed for Westgate looting

Dang! That's a shedload of goods to have been carried off by three blokes.:ooh:

hamayam
29th Oct 2013, 14:44
lonewolf 50

" Back to peace and love: in Iraq, they are sharing the peace and love so intensely it's scaring the locals." (http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21139521-war-weary-iraqis-scared-to-leave-homes-as-violence-reaches-levels-not-seen-since-2008?lite)

Someone should nominate Saddam Hussein as ( posthumous ) Nobel Peace Prize candidate.................:hmm:

Lonewolf_50
29th Oct 2013, 17:32
In the citation ... he prevented a civil war in Iraq while he was alive.

Make the submission. You might be surprised at how far it gets. ;)

pineridge
29th Oct 2013, 21:03
Lonewolf 50.............

I believe that the Noble Piss Prize can not be awarded after death.

500N
29th Oct 2013, 21:18
So they can award the Nobel prize to a living person who hasn't done anything
but not to a dead person who has done a lot :O

Wouldn't surprise me.

Lonewolf_50
29th Oct 2013, 23:27
pineridge, thanks for the info. Was unaware.

500N:
As to whomever "did a lot," let's say that Saddam's "did a lot" may not be the sort of CV that will get him a win for the Prize of Nobel Piss. \

But anyone can write in an entry! :ok:

500N
29th Oct 2013, 23:31
Lonewolf

My comment wasn't pointed at Saddam but at Obama.
I should have made that clear.

Lonewolf_50
29th Oct 2013, 23:40
but not to a dead person who has done a lot http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/embarass.gif
OK, 500N, fair enough: which dead person should we honor, given the do nothing living gent has one already? :E

It might be as meaningful, or even moreso, were the right chap or lady chosen.

rh200
5th May 2014, 12:58
BBC News - Boko Haram admits abducting Nigeria girls from Chibok (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27283383)

The religion of peace and loving strikes again.

I'm sure there's a lot of loving going on, all one way and the school girls won't have any say in it.

Should that be the religion of death, rape and kiddy fiddlers then?

Lonewolf_50
5th May 2014, 13:05
Just following in the steps of the prophet, and having a go with some young flesh. :mad: It's tradition, ya see. :mad:

rh200
30th Jun 2014, 05:27
I think a daily update is in order.

Gunmen torch churches, kill dozens in Nigeria | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/06/29/gunmen-torch-churches-kill-dozens-in-nigeria/)

ISIS fanatics publicly crucify nine men in Syria as rival militias in Iraq prove just as brutal | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/world/isis-fanatics-publicly-crucify-nine-men-in-syria-as-rival-militias-in-iraq-prove-just-as-brutal/story-fndir2ev-1226971690908)

Pakistani newlyweds decapitated in honor killing - CNN.com (http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/28/world/asia/pakistan-honor-murders/index.html)

Hmmm what a peace loving people, one estimate is over 5000 honor killings a year, 800+ in Pakistan.

And these animals have the gaul to moan when the odd mishap occurs with the military.

500N
30th Jun 2014, 05:31
rh200

You forgot the teenager Pakistani Girl who was burnt alive by a 22 year old who had asked her to marry him but the family and her turned him down so he burst into the house, poured petrol over her and set her alight.

I can't find the link to it.

sitigeltfel
30th Jun 2014, 06:00
Now that Ramadan has started, you can expect even more violence as the heat, hunger and thirst takes its toll.

People say that Scientologists are religious fruitloops, but they don't go around randomly slaughtering people. Not yet anyway. Maybe that comes with time and inbreeding.

500N
30th Jun 2014, 06:05
On the radio today they were discussing Isis or the Islamic State as they now want to be known.

Anyway, the comment was made that firstly, people are streaming out of the area as they might be Muslim but they don't want to be under the control of the Islamic State.

The other important aspect of it was, they questioned whether they are able to govern what they have based on past experience, they won't be able to as they don't have the set up, organisation or infrastructure to govern properly.

An interesting observation.

MagnusP
30th Jun 2014, 07:50
It just gets tastier and tastier.

BBC News - Isis rebels declare 'Islamic state' in Iraq and Syria (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28082962)

Capetonian
2nd Jan 2015, 12:22
Dare I suggest that some of them aren't too smart, or that they've been at the Christmas spirits!

Bristol bus timetable hacked by terrorists - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11321499/Bristol-bus-timetable-hacked-by-terrorists.html)
Muslim extremists planning to disrupt global travel in the Western world have hacked into the Bristol bus timetable instead.

A group calling themselves Darkshadow - an "Arab Security Team" - have taken over a journey planner website and replaced it with a sinister Isis-style black page.

West Country locals hoping to find times for buses and trains on the TravelWest website are now greeted with the message 'hacked by darkshadow'.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03152/travel-west-screen_3152659b.jpg

cornish-stormrider
2nd Jan 2015, 16:41
Curse you Cape
( shakes fist at IPhone )
You beat me to the post

Still, I had to laugh me ansom ! Good job I dunn needs Togo that there Brizzle website t'aint goin zackly proper