PDA

View Full Version : Salary for B1 and B2 AME's and LAME's in GA

matrim
20th Sep 2013, 23:01
I have been looking everywhere for average salaries for GA Lames in Australia and have not been able to find much. So maybe this thread can help with that.

I am currently a GA AME working in EIR categories making 30$ an hour.

I will be licensed next year so very interested in what LAMES make.

Cheers

enchen
10th Oct 2013, 02:17
what does it mean " GA". can you pls give the full name of " GA" ? i am interesting in working in australia. can you pls provide me some more detail about working in australia as LAME !

Hasherucf
17th Oct 2013, 05:08
GA means general aviation. As for pay its depending on where u work. If it's contract, wage or salary. lowest b1 Ame I heard of was 19 an hour, higher end of scale was about 35. Lame anywhere between 30 and 50 . Avionics get higher... contract rates even higher. Really it depends on location,coverage ,experience and how u haggle.

emergency000
29th Oct 2013, 04:04
The same can really be said for the airlines. It depends on trade, company and what your EBA says.

If you get contract work as a B2 LAME, it'll pay well provided you can get enough work. Having said that, I hear that B2 LAMEs are pretty rare in GA in rural areas, so that might help.

Cheers,
John

Engineer_aus
12th Nov 2013, 05:37
B2 LAME for general GA work is about $40h/r you should be able to get more than that in various places.