View Full Version : Software error at the CAA

Alex Whittingham
6th May 2002, 13:28
One of our students at Bristol has just appealed his results for the April Instruments paper, I have to say against my advice because appeals never work, do they?

The result? A nice letter from the CAA saying that 'on investigation we found a software error betwen the OMR and the main software that resulted in the result for your Instruments/Electronics paper being incorrectly transmitted'.

He passed the paper on the re-mark & now has all the exams in the bag, happy lad.

But would they have found the error if he hadn't appealed?:rolleyes:

Gin Slinger
6th May 2002, 14:22
Sue, sue sue!

The mental anguish caused by the CAA's incompetence must be worth a bob or two!

Polar_stereographic
6th May 2002, 14:28
And, the next question from the Belgrano will be:

"Do you want a licence?"

PS

Boss Raptor
7th May 2002, 07:21
Well I would say that by admitting the error, in writing as well, then everyone who has taken an exam during the period this software was in use has the legal right to a re-mark at no charge...might help a few as ia m sure this has not been an isolated case...and it would certainly f!ck up FCL :D

Megaton
7th May 2002, 14:53
And screwing up FCL will makes life better for everyone in exactly what way?

Anyway I don't care since I found out this morning that I've passed all 14 at the first attempt!

emu
7th May 2002, 17:17
But how can you be so sure now ? ;)

Megaton
7th May 2002, 17:45
Good point, emu, but I've got a bit of paper that says I've passed so I'm not letting go of it. :D :D :D

The Greaser
7th May 2002, 17:50
HP

Congrats

Matt

Megaton
7th May 2002, 17:53
Cheers, Matt. Have you started with CTC yet?

The Greaser
7th May 2002, 17:54
June 4th

avrodamo
7th May 2002, 19:02
The same as me ....Bristol... and i passed my first 8 first time too !!!
Well done HP...never had any doubts you jammy thing !!
I do think that anyone who had a fail at Instruments should get a free re-mark...seems only right:p

Megaton
7th May 2002, 21:00
G-RICH,

As Avrodamo (DG) said, we were at Bristol although I was studying with PPSC up to the Module 1 brush-up course which was when they went bust. BGS is excellent: good notes; excellent PC-based CD-ROM; quick turn-round on phase tests etc etc. Thoroughly recommended. ANd Mary Sproat's B & B for the brush-ups although if you share with people like Avrodamo you won't drink much beer while you're there! ;)

avrodamo
7th May 2002, 22:10
Hp you know that was commitment, and not just that i get ratted on more than 2 pints.....honest
;)

svenny
8th May 2002, 10:05
Just sent you an email saying well done HP, i think avrodamo didnt want to go to the pub as his driving is a bit on the lose side and also he is socially inept!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Megaton
8th May 2002, 12:00
svenny, you're right, dribbling really is a most unattractive characteristic. :D