PDA

View Full Version : Chrome queries

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
19th Sep 2013, 12:29
For the last couple of weeks when I start Chrome a Google address box appears on the page. I have not done anything so any idea how this may be removed please?

How does one get icons on to the Chrome startup page? I had half a dozen favourites on there, which I presume appeared based on usage. Now they come and go for no reason. At present there are three empty grey boxes. Anyone know how to get icons to show for favourite places (of which I have several dozen in the drop-down list) please?

Thanks

Sunnyjohn
19th Sep 2013, 13:11
Go to Chrome Preferences. The page should open with Settings at the top. Go to the second section "On startup". Click on "Open a specific page or set of pages". Now click on "Set pages". A new window opens. Now you can set your startup page by entering the URL. Mine is set for Duckduckgo and when I start Chrome it defaults to the Duckduckgo home page with the search bar.

I can't help you with getting icons on the startrup page. If I'm in Chrome and I click on File - New window, I get a page with icons but they all seem to be Chrome or Google thingies - is that the page you meant?

vulcanised
19th Sep 2013, 14:15
You might find SRWare Iron is more to your liking - it's a basic Chrome without frills.