PDA

View Full Version : International Talk Like a Pirate Day

uffington sb
19th Sep 2013, 00:17
Don't yea forget yea scurvy crew, it be talk like a pirate day today so it be.
Anyone who not be talking so, will be run through with me cutlass.
So yea all 'ave been warned.

Arrh me hearties.

VFD
19th Sep 2013, 00:46
Aye, who gets to walk the plank to follow the Slasher.

VFD

Airborne Aircrew
19th Sep 2013, 01:19
This is funny...

My daughter and I, (much to my wife's dismay), have a "drink like a pirate" thing where we both pick up our glasses, take a good swig and plonk it down quite hard as we both go "Arrrggghhhh"...

My daughter and I enjoy it both privately and in public... My lovely wife... Neither really... :}

SOPS
19th Sep 2013, 01:53
Swap the forrad deck Aarhus, hoist the main sail and find me parrot, you mob of scurvy ridden land lubbers....

Worrals in the wilds
19th Sep 2013, 01:53
I have to attend a very humourless meeting this afternoon and it's soooo tempting to go along with it...:E
A pack of scurvy dogs they be.

broadreach
19th Sep 2013, 02:24
Ashore me bucks and we'll swive the lot of 'em!

GrumpyOldFart
19th Sep 2013, 02:32
Arrrrrrrr! Scupper me futtocks and stap me vitals!

:uhoh:

treadigraph
19th Sep 2013, 07:52
Avast behind!

Cyber Bob
19th Sep 2013, 08:15
There are some Pirates playing footie tonight down at 'White Aaaaaaaaaaart Lane'

Man City have a Pirate playing for them - Joe Arrrrtttt

Oh and why are Pirates scary? - Coz they Arrrrrrrraaaaaaggggggggghhhh

sitigeltfel
19th Sep 2013, 08:46
Bootleg copies of Grand Theft Auto 5, going cheap. ;)

troppo
19th Sep 2013, 09:09
aye...bugger the cabin boy :yuk:

fenland787
19th Sep 2013, 09:22
aye...bugger the cabin boy

Would that be the young Master Bates who once sailed under the pirate Capt Pugwash? I seem to recall his friend was a Seaman Staines

Poor old Auntie BBC, I think they broadcast the series for a year or more before anyone noticed.....is it any wonder my generation grew up with a twisted sense of humour?

racedo
19th Sep 2013, 09:30
Aaaaaaaaaaaar
Lets go ashore and do what we normally do..............

(1 minute after going ashore in Norfolk)
Lets just keep to the pillaging me hearties as have seen the local wenches...........

Captain Dart
19th Sep 2013, 09:46
Arrr. Sorry to burst yer bubble me hearties: courtesy of Wikipedia:

xxLibel case regarding double entendres[edit source | editbeta]

There is a persistent urban legend, repeated by the now defunct UK newspaper the Sunday Correspondent, that ascribes sexually suggestive names such as Master Bates, Seaman Staines, and Roger (meaning "have sex with") the Cabin Boy to Captain Pugwash's characters, and indicating that the captain's name was a slang Australian term for oral sex.[2] John Ryan successfully sued both the Sunday Correspondent and The Guardian newspapers in 1991 for printing this legend as fact.[3] The origin of this myth is likely due to student rag mags from the 1970s.[4]

Cacophonix
19th Sep 2013, 10:07
Avast there you swabs and be it known that if you have a West Country accent then you be a pirate every day me lover...!

Har hah...

(Squawk of parrot, sound of spittle hitting spittoon and that kind of thing)...

Caco

Tankertrashnav
19th Sep 2013, 10:12
Us down 'ere do talk like they pirates every day, so us don't need no special day fer it.

Noah Zark.
19th Sep 2013, 10:57
so us don't need no special day fer it.
It be so as the rest o' we landlubbers can tork a bit funny now an' again, Jim lad. So it be!
Oi might makes my ways down to Poority Pinker's afore the sun gets over the yardarm for a spots of grogs! (or twos!) Arrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh!

airship
19th Sep 2013, 11:39
I don't speak Somali, but here is my best effort in Arabic:

الفدية هو 5 مليون دولار أمريكي، تدفع إلى المنطاد ج / س PPRuNe. هذا إذا كنت تريد أن ترى السفينة والطاقم عاد بسلام ...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/ShababFlag.svg/200px-ShababFlag.svg.png

Roughly translated: The ransom is US $ 5 million, payable to airship c/o PPRuNe. That's if you want to see the ship and crew returned safely...

ARRRRRRGH?! ;)

keyboard flier
19th Sep 2013, 12:31
Sorry for correcting but there was no Seaman Staines aboard the Black Pig. it was Tom the cabin boy and Master Mates.

Duckbutt
19th Sep 2013, 12:50
Sorry for correcting but there was no Seaman Staines aboard the Black Pig. it was Tom the cabin boy and Master Mates.

Spoilsport!

I used to have a customer whose MD was actually called Robert James Ladd. I understand he used to get somewhat touchy when 'Speak Like A Pirate Day' came around.............

Lonewolf_50
19th Sep 2013, 14:47
Oi recall that the cabin boy was called Chipper. Wasn't he a randly little nipper! He made a pass with a broken glass, which circumcised the skipper.

After that, we called him chum, and the sharks swum away well fad that mornin' :eek:

Krystal n chips
19th Sep 2013, 18:32
"Talk like a Pirate Day".....:hmm: does posting any speeches by Robert Maxwell count at all ?

rgbrock1
19th Sep 2013, 18:47
International talk like a pirate day?

i guess this will merely add to the rather voluminous list of x days. Like International Secretary Day or International this day and International that day. Amazing how many days we have to pay homage to the most trivial of things. Indicative of how little we, in general, have to do.

Therefore, I now proclaim the 19th of every September as:

International Farting Day.

Let's all add to global warming on each 19 Sep and let 'er rip.
Every man, woman, and child on 19 Sep must fart at least once on this day. Any fart lasting under, say, 10 seconds is not counted. Let's bake this planet.

wings folded
19th Sep 2013, 18:54
I shall have to cut back to conform, then.

rgbrock1
19th Sep 2013, 19:04
You and me both, wings, you and me both!!! :}:}:}

500N
19th Sep 2013, 19:08
Add me to that list as well !!! :}

superq7
19th Sep 2013, 19:12
Me too but I'll have to do double cause Mrs Super never farts.

Mike X
19th Sep 2013, 19:18
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jacob+Zuma+64ivC_KzwAam.jpg

I fart a pirate everytime and blame it on me parrot.

rgbrock1
19th Sep 2013, 19:30
superq:

I hear ya! I've always found it one of life's many enigmas that some wimmin' folk never seem to let one rip. Take Mrs. rgbrock1 for example. I've known her for over 7 years now and have yet to hear her unleash the hounds. Not once.

So, I guess the question is this: if they don't fart where the hell does all the gaseous buildup go?

Oh. Never mind. :}:}:}

wings folded
19th Sep 2013, 19:38
Me too but I'll have to do double cause Mrs Super never farts.
So they would have you believe, but they do, you know.

Not a good trouser seam ripping 102db proper fart, but an insidious silent but highly toxic affair, which thay blame on you, or the dog, or a passing badger, or what ever their fertile imaginations can lay their hands on.

Fart away, dear friends. Those women who do not fart are lacking confidence. Those women who do fart will never admit it.

Masculine candour in this arena is, I think, meritorious.

rgb, take note.

superq7
19th Sep 2013, 19:43
WF

You might be right we have two dogs she often says ( when dog is sitting next to her) ooh Harry that's a bad smell.

beaufort1
19th Sep 2013, 19:43
I thought it was generally acknowledged that the fairer sex didn't keep quiet long enough to build up enough back pressure to manufacture farts. :}

wings folded
19th Sep 2013, 19:57
No, no, no, beaufort.

You are on the wrong track. World class farting comes from eating baked beans, vindaloo curries, drinking a lot of beer, and all manner of other activities which the dear womenfolk eschew.

I kew a bloke who seldom spoke, but farted splendidly, and his best mate was a veritable torrent of words, but never seemed to fart.

Unless, that is, he had developed the ultimate skill, the ventriloquists fart.

rgbrock1
19th Sep 2013, 20:02
Now I more fully understand why my mother-in-law has probably never farted a day of her life.

http://joylibby.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/talk_too_much.jpg

er340790
19th Sep 2013, 20:21
Sorry, but you're all amateurs!!!

BEHOLD! THE MASTER!!!

Edmund hires a ship - Blackadder - BBC - YouTube

Mallan
19th Sep 2013, 20:40
"Us down 'ere do talk like they pirates every day, so us don't need no special day fer it."

Hansome me transome, get no babbies here. Proper job see.

Ancient Observer
19th Sep 2013, 20:49
Which day is the "Global Light your farts" day?

TWT
19th Sep 2013, 22:16
Tuesday November 5th.

Guy Fawkes was misunderstood.He only intended to light a few farts.The gunpowder was wet ayway.

kkkkkkkkkkkkk
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

B Fraser
19th Sep 2013, 22:19
The first mate's name was Carter
By god he was a farter
When the wind didn't blow
and the ship wouldn't go
they got Carter the farter to start her.

Frigging in the rigging
tossing on the crossing
wanking on the planking
there was **** all else to do.......

mikedreamer787
20th Sep 2013, 04:30
Female Asian ATC - "XXXX cleared to land runway 25R."

Me - "Arrr wench...XXXX be clear t' lund on yer too foive roight! Arrr!"

ATC: "XXXX er... say again?"

Honkys have no sense of humor.

LowNSlow
20th Sep 2013, 09:57
My boss and I did Talk Like a Pirate when in a meeting with 3 Norwegian lawyers. Confused? You bet they were!

Captain Dart
20th Sep 2013, 10:05
Mike, it is because of lubbers like you that one of our less respected managers of our Hong Kong-based airline puts out inane notices about R/T discipline!

mikedreamer787
20th Sep 2013, 12:22
Oi'd luv t' go in thar wit' a pretendin' Cathay call soin but them honky
lubbers wood dam me hoide 'n stop me vessel from departin' back
t' wence oi came!

Then th' blooddy ATC wench'd report me barnacled hoide.....http://yoursmiles.org/hsmile/pirates/t3805.gif

airship
20th Sep 2013, 13:58
Krystal n chips wrote: "Talk like a Pirate Day"..... does posting any speeches by Robert Maxwell count at all ?

Aaaah, "he who simply fell overboard" (or perhaps committed suicide) according to everyone back then (referring to M/Y LADY GHISLAINE) or as I regularly see her in the south of France as M/Y LADY MONA K (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Mona_K)

Is that what you were referring to?! The very long arms and tentacles of some ME nations should never be under-estimated. Even 22 years afterwards...?! :uhoh: