PDA

View Full Version : We're doomed, I tell you......,

Capot
18th Sep 2013, 13:49
Driving back just now from handing over 95.50 per hour, plus VAT, to a Ford main dealer for immobiliser reset work done badly by an apprentice in 20 minutes, I heard part of an interview on R4, evidently about the report out today that almost all Local Authorities fail to come anywhere near the minimum required standards of child protection and care.

The interviewee was from Ofsted, and the question was "Is there any point in simply telling Local Authorities that they fail to meet the standards, when they have been told this many times before and nothing has changed?"

It's the answer I want to share with you, because here we have the authentic voice of Government in the UK today....

"What's really, really important is to put a mark in the sand for the child's journey and for the way ahead going forward."

I think it was a bit longer than that, but it's pretty close.

The interviewer, instead of saying "That's total bullshit. Please explain exactly what you mean by that meaningless drivel", said "Thank you, Debbie Jones" and moved on to the next item.

Why are we doomed? Because people like this Debbie Jones are now running almost everything in the UK, that's why.

Ancient Observer
18th Sep 2013, 13:54
There used to be a Brit radio prog called something like "Claire in the Community".
Rest assured, that if anyone in Childcare does not speak like Debbie Jones, they get fired.

It is an absolute requirement of anyone employed by the public sector, plus the media from public and private sectors, in the UK, to be able, when required, to speak for half an hour using phrases and sentences that no-one outside their little in-group will ever understand.

angels
18th Sep 2013, 13:57
We have here an example of silo mentality which I'm excited to tell you will not happen on my watch as I encourage blue-sky thinking and reach out to my employees....oh, I appear to have disappeared up my own arsehole....:rolleyes:

fenland787
18th Sep 2013, 14:25
It is an absolute requirement of anyone employed by the public sector, plus the media from public and private sectors, in the UK, to be able, when required, to speak for half an hour using phrases and sentences that no-one outside their little in-group will ever understand.

Oh yes, and for a senior position, a Masters in producing Word documents with Tick-Boxes and spreadsheets that always calculate in real-time how it was someone else's fault that targets were missed. Then a really convincing demonstration at final interview that you genuinely know absolutely nothing about whatever you will be running and ideally, proof that you have never, ever, had a proper job in the real world anyway.

Cynical? Moi?