PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Very Much

jayteeto
6th May 2002, 11:07
You have now been given wads of cash, the flying kit situation is easing with the release of a load of new suits and roll necks and PPrune is distinctly lacking in the amount of angry topics. Could this be true? Are people actually feeling more wanted and respected? Are you (a bit) happier? You always tell them when they get it wrong, would anyone like to say thank you?????
P.S. Don't get angry with me, I'm not a bluntie, I turned the latest FRI down.:)

Tilt and Gain
6th May 2002, 19:54
No new kit up here just yet. Still waiting for stores to get some shiny new F-15E's in. MMMMnnnnnn... Niiiiiiiice.

The Mistress
9th May 2002, 09:50
I'd like to say a big "thank you" to the people in my local area for helping to make a difficult decision into a very simple one.

You have turned my lifestyle around literally overnight. We have moved from a family facing genuine financial hardship to one where the breadwinner is paid a lot more than the average airline pilot - and gets a suntan whilst he's doing it!

Life can be so sweet :)

Specaircrew
9th May 2002, 21:42
Well I haven't seen any new flying kit and I wasn't eligible for this years FRI but at least last years paid for the Porsche so I won't feel out of place in the car park at Heathrow :-)

RoboAlbert
10th May 2002, 15:47
Too old for this FRI, too young for the last…..Still I just found an unworn Mk15 flying suit whilst clearing out the loft – should keep me going till my 38 point.:)

Baz Heath
11th May 2002, 06:35
Who's Air Force are you in? not the same one that I'm in.
New kit? What new kit?

At my unit, when we left to visit the land of camels (again!!) the only flying kit left in stores was a second hand cold wx jacket!

Fact is that we have no money for the important things in life, such as flying kit blah:(

Like the Mistress, the only people we have to thank, are those from our local area who have rallied round superbly, and are responsible for every little bit of 'home comforts' we have out here.

Never mind, its made the decision to pull the yellow and black handle so much easier:) :D :D

Dunhovrin
11th May 2002, 19:55
Seems to me a lot of the NI banter seems to have died down post the Castlereagh break-in and alleged witch-hunt. ANyone want to put his head above the parapet and say whether there has been an anti-Prune inquest up at Aldergrave?

PS Jayteeto - don't tell me you're happy mate? Or is it just 'cos the Toon survived another season.;)

Farfrompuken
11th May 2002, 23:57
what about boots?

In canna get me any boots at all?

Mine have holes in their soles, and there are no new ones at all.

I take it that Tony's increase has gone some where far more valuable.

Like MPs who don't even turn up to debates about the armed forces.....

Apolgies for spelling. I'm very much the worse for wear........:D

jayteeto
12th May 2002, 19:48
The kit really does appear!! People who know me will agree that I am not a 'party line man', Mk 16 suits are on general release, if you want boots you have to get a priority demand but you DO get them fairly quickly. If you have holes in them, don't fly and they will turn up, they can't afford us to be grounded. There isn't a lot, but if we only issue to those REALLY entitled, there is enough.
Dunhoverin- the Toon survived, Man U won F**k all and Sunderland suffered, result!!:) :) :) :)