PDA

View Full Version : AW119 missing in Russia

Savoia
15th Sep 2013, 07:36
AW119 Missing in RussiaMOSCOW, September 15 – More than 30 people are involved in a search effort for a helicopter that went missing Saturday in central Russia's Tver Region, local emergencies have said.

The Agusta 119 helicopter, on its flight from Veliky Novgorod to Myakinino, near Moscow, lost contact with air traffic control at around 2 p.m. Moscow time on Saturday.

The search operation in the Tver and Moscow Regions started later on day and resumed on Sunday. Four Robinson helicopters and a Mi-8 helicopter were involved in the search effort on Saturday.

The number of people who were onboard the missing helicopter is yet unknown, a spokesman for the regional Emergency Situations Ministry said. The helicopter can carry up to seven passengers along with the pilot.

AnFI
15th Sep 2013, 18:08
I believe this pilot is well known to many here.

Savoia
15th Sep 2013, 20:53
Unconfirmed reports are saying that among those aboard the helicopter was the Minister of Natural Resources and Environment Sergey Donskoy and the head of the Federal Agency of Forestry and Vladimir Lebedev.

Again unconfirmed is that the pilot was Margarita Afanaskin.

http://www.tvernews.ru/upload/information_system_15/1/5/6/item_156028/information_items_156028.jpeg
Helicopter pilot Margarita Afanaskin potentially missing

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4PkIMouTHpM/UjYeQ9Fua1I/AAAAAAAAOYY/-yS3fVkaJR8/w650-h429-no/Russian+AW119Ke.jpg
Russian AW119 (File photo)

AnFI
16th Sep 2013, 14:27
I gather there is news? I hope it's wrong. ..

md 600 driver
16th Sep 2013, 19:58
Just seen it on FB looks as if its true RIP Margarita
I will always remember your big smile , we were only partying 2 weeks ago in belgium such a young talent such a waste

Steve xxx

Savoia
17th Sep 2013, 08:09
The wreckage has been found and sadly, it seems as though Margarita is gone along with one passenger aboard the AW119. RIP.

nigel f
18th Sep 2013, 13:22
Margaraita's Funeral is on Thursday at Chekhov Town, Not far north of Drakino

Rip Margarita Afanaskina

Nigel