PDA

View Full Version : Outlook

gemma10
17th Sep 2013, 07:22
Anyone tried to access their hotmail [outlook] emails today? Not only asking for email address and password but now want to update the security by asking for phone numbers. Is this a scam. I cant access my hotmail account.:confused:

TWT
17th Sep 2013, 10:09
No problem with mine.And not asking for phone numbers either.

ericlday
17th Sep 2013, 11:05
My Account is OK but sister just rang and says she needs to give phone number to gain access to her account.....not yet given it but awaiting any info on the subject.

Capetonian
17th Sep 2013, 11:16
I got it a few days ago on my old Hotmail account, which I only use for fripperies anyway.

jimtherev
17th Sep 2013, 16:36
Smells like another hacked-Hotmail event to me :uhoh:

Booglebox
17th Sep 2013, 22:33
If Outlook.com asks you for your phone number, this is not a hack.
(maybe it's the system trying to protect you from being hacked... but the system itself is not)

ExSp33db1rd
18th Sep 2013, 01:11
Give them a false one and see what happens .... unless you've already given them one as part of your "profile", in which case they will have to match.

Gmail occasionally lock me out, 'cos I use the incorrect password out of the million I have to try and remember ( or look up ! ) and they've asked me to lodge a cellphone number so that they can verify me. I've given them one from a pre-pay cellphone that isn't listed with anyone ( I think ! )