PDA

View Full Version : Solar charging flightdeck window iPad mount

Globally Challenged
16th Sep 2013, 16:48
Has anyone found an ipad mount that can be safely attached to the flightdeck window (like a car satnav) that can also charge the ipad via solar panel?

We need a handsfree solution to tie in with our Jeppview and it would be really handy to be able to charge at the same time as there are no consumer power sockets in our flightdeck.

I presume that despite the windows being heated, the relatively low temperature will not be an issue for the mount.

Hopefully there is something out there that can do all this without costing the earth.

First.officer
16th Sep 2013, 18:09
Not aware of a mounting as such, but you could maybe use a remotely placed unit to then charge the iPad?

New Panel Mounting Method ? Zipties | Voltaic Systems ? Solar DIY and Device Charging (http://voltaicsystems.com/blog/new-panel-mounting-method-zipties/)

F/o

Tray Surfer
17th Sep 2013, 00:45
The FO on my 744 last week was charging his iPhone from a portable solar charger thingy... I wish I had taken more notice now... :-/

Booglebox
17th Sep 2013, 10:35
TS, isn't there a 110v outlet on the flight deck for that?

doubleu-anker
17th Sep 2013, 10:43
TS

"....my 744 last.... "?

Interesting. Your crew?

Tray Surfer
17th Sep 2013, 15:09
Booglebox

I believe there is... Although, if memory serves me correctly, it is much further behind him/them, and maybe, just maybe, his thing was not long enough as he was using it at the time to read something...

Who knows!

Tray Surfer
17th Sep 2013, 15:10
doubleu-anker

Cabin not flight.

doubleu-anker
17th Sep 2013, 16:15
TS

Apologies!!

Tray Surfer
17th Sep 2013, 17:39
doubleu-anker

Thank you for the apology, but there was no need. I don't see anything you need to apologise for.