PDA

View Full Version : The grass is not that green

max.r&pprune.co
6th May 2002, 05:59
Logged on to see whats new and once agian i am amazed at the hoops some pilots have to go through to A. Land a job and B.Keep it.
I work as an F/o on a 767 for a carrier in Canada. And the more I look the more I think i will stay put and take my kid swimming. I would not be able to do three or four days of testing and I dont want to know what a shrink thinks of me .

Pilot Pete
6th May 2002, 07:24
interesting news, thanks.:D

PP

PAXboy
10th May 2002, 19:19
I well understand this point of view. I am not in the airline biz but have chosen to work free lance for over ten years.

If I ever think, "What a bunch of monkeys!" I can comfort myself by knowing that in a few weeks (or months) I shall be working for another bunch of monkeys! :rolleyes:

This way, I can do the job and not get drawn into the politics and general **** of climbing the greasy pole. Whilst some 'suits' do still use me as a scape goat - as long as I get paid, I don't mind anything like I did when I was permanent!
;)

tinyrice
10th May 2002, 19:24
Paxboy - good perspective. I'm just getting started in this consulting lark, and I must admit that the positives of exchanging todays tosspots, for a different set of tosspots next week, had not jumped out at me. Nice one.................

Blue Bay
10th May 2002, 21:31
Love to meet you for a pint one night max.r. It would be interesing to learn all about the planet you come from. Cheers.

fireflybob
10th May 2002, 22:11
All the grass is green - just look after your own backyard and you will be ok!!