PDA

View Full Version : The road to . . . .Syria - from a philistine

Natstrackalpha
15th Sep 2013, 18:24
Scuze, the lack of education on my part:

Here is my (somewhat limited, perhaps) perception:

Somebody gasses a load of people, possibly a whole village. (again, sigh . . )

The yanks rev up and go to the starting blocks. On your marks, get set, . . .

The Brits, called in by Cameron, off their holidays, vote over 50 moreover 60% against - going in, inthis brand new NATO effort.

The Brit people are probaly thinking - "oh no, not another f-----g war, we`ve just had 2 already, this is getting sooo boring!!!!"

The Russians, step in with a logical, pragmatic solution, to a/ stop the chemical threat, b/ weild sanity, in the world (for once), c/ score a few world brownie points and d/ stop an attack on Syria, which is so f---g far away its f--- all to do with us anyway, but, lets not get dis-interested here . . .hmmm, jus wait a moment . . .

So, Obama - being a man of more sanity than most - holds fire as the Russians might actually have something here. Its sane. Its logical, its simple. Bonanza!

A Jumped up chap, also around the White house emasculates Syria`s claims of compliance - or at least, the proposed agreement with UN wanting to haul the weapons and all the chemical kit out of Syria, and makes out that the Syrians are all bad and that it would be unlikely that they would comply - which up to now, at this junture, taking everything into consideration - is just bullying, leary b----cks, well, it is, and the guy is a t--t.

(Don`t forget, stick with sanity - its a real hit!)

Do you want a missle in your window? No. Well, neither do they - .

Happily, the world does not bite, Obama does not cower under paranoia, or pressure from t--t-like individuals and there is a nice fat juicy summit meeting of G50 or something and we seem to be on the road to peace.

For those of you having a problem with that - look it up in wiki dictionary p-e-a-c-e, you might get to like it.

There, at a time when the never ending road to economic recovery is just around the corner - it is hardly sane to go and spoil it all with another 20 billion hit on Syria - per country.

So, despite growing up in the 60s with just 4 minutes to live - the Russians have simply made the right move, for all reasons and have saved the -----g day!

Feel free to discuss . . .

Natstrackalpha
15th Sep 2013, 18:37
About the Sanest appraisal I've heard in this nuthouse

Thank you!

:)

con-pilot
15th Sep 2013, 18:44
Well, you've made more sense of this than Obama and Kerry has been able to up to this point. I'll give you that much. :p

Andu
15th Sep 2013, 21:23
A better summary than I've seen any Western politician come up with, Natstrackalpha, but while you're sending people to Wikileaks, take a look at the meaning of 'disinterest'. ("its (sic) f--- all to do with us anyway, but, lets (sic) not get dis-interested here . . .hmmm, jus (sic) wait a moment . . . ")

uninterested - could give a damn
disinterested - unbiased

I was about to say that maybe we should be disinterested in regard to the Syrian war, but really, that's not right. 'Biased' is exactly what we should be, doing everything we can to ensure that the winners of that war will be the least bad option for us and our future. Unfortunately, it's with no enthusiasm that I say that it would appear - (and I'm first to admit that I could be wrong) - that the current Assad regime is the least bad of some very bad options.

I accept that there may be some very noble people fighting among the rebels, with ideals we in the West would applaud. Unfortunately, I don't believe, when a new government in Syria is formed, that any such people would have a snow flake's chance in hell of prevailing over others within the rebel ranks with very different attitudes towards the West.

radeng
15th Sep 2013, 21:36
I agree with all of you.

Just suppose one uses a bombing/missile attack to take out the CW stores. How sure can you be that a vast cloud of CW isn't released killing more people?

has that been thought through?

Being a cynic at the best of times, I doubt it.....

10Watt
15th Sep 2013, 21:39
That bullsh*t was never a NATO effort. The inspectors hadn`t left before

Cameron, having read the derring do of the master " Blair ," was moved

enough to send other peoples sons and daughters to their deaths. Or tried to.

We need proof of guilty parties` involvement, unlike old Jo Stalin. l would

hope that is what sets us apart, but l doubt it will be the case.

Money talks. But only to money.

Loki
15th Sep 2013, 22:12
Meanwhile there's a huge humanitarian crisis brewing, which, quite apart from the threat of destabilising neighbouring countries, is causing real suffering for millions.....doesn't seem to be too much effort being spent on that.

galaxy flyer
15th Sep 2013, 23:03
So, Obama - being a man of more sanity than most

Are you f**kng kidding me--dishonorable, shifty, pretentious, supercilious, Yes! Sane?

GF

10Watt
15th Sep 2013, 23:10
Oil/gas mmmh.

Tibet ? Has one of the most respected leaders in the world whose country

was invaded to make it free by the Chinese.

Plainly the inhabitants wouldn`t agree with that.

l was quite amused by "call me Dave", trying to salvage something in the

aftermath, saying that if Syria intends to give up weapons of mass

destruction they should state clearly when this will take place, exactly

what is involved in that, and the penalty for failure to do so.

Not at all like his election manifesto, whereby we were sold a bunch

of bananas in a bag marked "apples", with a promise of a bonfire

of quango`s which has become his pension fund.

Lions led by donkeys, again.

500N
15th Sep 2013, 23:15
Did I hear correctly on the weekend that the US was saying
he had to give up his weapons within the / a week ??????

con-pilot
15th Sep 2013, 23:22
Did I hear correctly on the weekend that the US was saying
he had to give up his weapons within the / a week ??????

Ah, well see that is your problem, you do not understand what constitutes a 'week' in Washingtonism speech. Some 'weeks' can consist of over 300 days or longer.

Only normal, sane people think that a week is just seven days. :p

Dushan
15th Sep 2013, 23:47
Yeah, Kerry is coming to the port of Latakia to pick them up with his yacht.

500N
15th Sep 2013, 23:54
LOL

It's going to be one hell of a job for someone.

When was the last time Western forces moved such quantities
of CW which weren't made or owned by them ?

10Watt
16th Sep 2013, 00:42
A bit like Tony Blair being asked if he was sure that Saddam had weapons

of mass destruction, "oh yes, we have the invoices".

Sorry about this but it`s 0132utc here and l have a frozen pizza in the top

oven, the contents of the main oven being in a plastic bag covered in some

gunk that l forgot about until l tried to insert the frozen pizza.

Also, since being out of the trade l know of nobody who understands UTC

and the French assassination of GMT, which occurred in 1993.

And also the auto spelling correction will be the death of somebody,

but not moi.

BenThere
16th Sep 2013, 00:58
The mood has changed. Now, thanks to Putin, Assad/Hezbollah will continue to fight Al-Qaeda.

I've got no problem with that. In fact, President Obama has inadvertently assured this continuing stalemate, all good, so long as we don't arm the opposition so much as to be a threat to us.

Another plus is the world, less the Nobel Peace Prize Committee, is beginning to perceive President Obama for the poser he is and always has been.

500N
16th Sep 2013, 01:00
"Another plus is the world's, less the Nobel Peace Prize Committee, is beginning to perceive President Obama for the poser he is and always has been."

Ben There

Do you have a link to this ?

If it is written anywhere ?

BenThere
16th Sep 2013, 01:08
I just wrote it.

Go through the world press, though, and you'll come away with the same assessment.

con-pilot
16th Sep 2013, 01:22
The mood has changed. Now, thanks to Putin, Assad/Hezbollah will continue to fight Al-Qaeda.

On NBC Nightly News the other night, believe it or not, they interviewed a 'freedom' fighter from Saudi Arabia that was going to Syria to join the rebel forces. He openly claimed that he was Al-Qaeda.

When asked about the United States sending aid to the rebel forces, including at that time the threat by Obama to bomb forces of the Syrian Government, he replied, 'It does not matter, Syria is the enemy of Allah, the United States is the enemy of Allah. After we destroy the Syrian Government, we will attack all of America, wherever they are.'

And these are the people that Obama wants to help. God help us.

Oh, this kid had zero military training, so I would guess he will become a statistic very soon after arriving in theater. Well, at least we can hope. :E

500N
16th Sep 2013, 01:30
But that sums up Obama, by focusing on regime change and in "getting rid of Assad" with "we'll handle the other problem at a later date" !!!

Same as Libya which we all know how that turned out.

KAG
16th Sep 2013, 01:39
NatstrackalphaScuze, the lack of education on my part:

Here is my (somewhat limited, perhaps) perception:

Somebody gasses a load of people, possibly a whole village. (again, sigh . . )

The yanks rev up and go to the starting blocks. On your marks, get set, . . .

The Brits, called in by Cameron, off their holidays, vote over 50 moreover 60% against - going in, inthis brand new NATO effort.

The Brit people are probaly thinking - "oh no, not another f-----g war, we`ve just had 2 already, this is getting sooo boring!!!!"

The Russians, step in with a logical, pragmatic solution, to a/ stop the chemical threat, b/ weild sanity, in the world (for once), c/ score a few world brownie points and d/ stop an attack on Syria, which is so f---g far away its f--- all to do with us anyway, but, lets not get dis-interested here . . .hmmm, jus wait a moment . . .

So, Obama - being a man of more sanity than most - holds fire as the Russians might actually have something here. Its sane. Its logical, its simple. Bonanza!

A Jumped up chap, also around the White house emasculates Syria`s claims of compliance - or at least, the proposed agreement with UN wanting to haul the weapons and all the chemical kit out of Syria, and makes out that the Syrians are all bad and that it would be unlikely that they would comply - which up to now, at this junture, taking everything into consideration - is just bullying, leary b----cks, well, it is, and the guy is a t--t.

(Don`t forget, stick with sanity - its a real hit!)

Do you want a missle in your window? No. Well, neither do they - .

Happily, the world does not bite, Obama does not cower under paranoia, or pressure from t--t-like individuals and there is a nice fat juicy summit meeting of G50 or something and we seem to be on the road to peace.

For those of you having a problem with that - look it up in wiki dictionary p-e-a-c-e, you might get to like it.

There, at a time when the never ending road to economic recovery is just around the corner - it is hardly sane to go and spoil it all with another 20 billion hit on Syria - per country.

So, despite growing up in the 60s with just 4 minutes to live - the Russians have simply made the right move, for all reasons and have saved the -----g day!

Feel free to discuss . . . The simple fact you forgot the French in commenting this whole stupid story that will end badly shows you have either a very biased viewpoint, either an extremely lacking one. Why reading further?

KAG
16th Sep 2013, 01:47
Besides, there is already a Syria thread running why opening this one?

10Watt
16th Sep 2013, 01:52
God help us indeed.

They play on our sensibilities and kill out of hand.

dead_pan
16th Sep 2013, 07:16
Besides, there is already a Syria thread running why opening this one?

Well that one had pretty much run its natural course- it was time we had a new one to give people the opportunity to run through the same old tired arguments once again ;)

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

radeng
16th Sep 2013, 07:51
10 watt,

UTC1 and UTC2 are very slightly different to GMT, although not enough to worry about for us mere mortals. Certainly not with a railway system that has a tolerance of 10 minutes....

Natstrackalpha
16th Sep 2013, 08:34
Ah, you see, Kerry is making a +ive effort, turning up and dumping them on his yacht, is it a big yacht . . ? If so, he can pick up a load of Syrian refugees too, he can drop them off here if there is not any room in the States, we take anyone.

and~ ANDU Thank you for your definition re: disinterested, I will go to wiki too. thanks.

vulcanised
16th Sep 2013, 11:45
dishonorable, shifty, pretentious, supercilious

Why just list his good points?

El Grifo
16th Sep 2013, 12:37
What was it that yon baw-faced, cigar sucking, finger flicking dude of old used to say ?

Something along the lines of "jaw, jaw, jaw is better than war, war war. :hmm:

Natstrackalpha
16th Sep 2013, 14:01
From Cons quote of statement by rebel who was also a member of al quaeada who said:

'It does not matter, Syria is the enemy of Allah, the United States is the enemy of Allah. After we destroy the Syrian Government, we will attack all of America, wherever they are.'

Rings a bell somewhere: Haven`t we heard that somewhere before . . ?

"Poland and then Russia and tomorrow, THE WORLD!!" . . .they all sound the same do they not?

Lonewolf_50
16th Sep 2013, 14:38
When asked about the United States sending aid to the rebel forces, including at that time the threat by Obama to bomb forces of the Syrian Government, he replied, 'It does not matter, Syria is the enemy of Allah, the United States is the enemy of Allah. After we destroy the Syrian Government, we will attack all of America, wherever they are.'

Oh, this kid had zero military training, so I would guess he will become a statistic very soon after arriving in theater. Well, at least we can hope. :E
Coalition forces killed and captured quite a few smiliarly motivated fools (by the hundred) in Iraq while I was in theater. Three most common origins of the ones who were alive for interviews/interrogation:
Syria
Libya
Saudi

ORAC
16th Sep 2013, 16:27
and we seem to be on the road to peace......

The Times (From behind the firewall): Doctor in Syria tells of wounds that talks cannot heal (http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/middleeast/article3869927.ece)

Something was missing from the doctor’s eyes, so that his gaze seemed strangely blank and fixed. Though he smiled from time to time, he did so in brief flickering stabs and his face was impossibly lined for a man of 34, creases adding a decade to his age. “I’ve seen so many bodies, so many wounded — thousands — that I feel I have lost some of my own humanity and feeling,” Yasser Darwish said.

The world’s focus was on Geneva as we spoke in Atarib, northern Syria, on the eve of the US-Russian deal to secure and dispose of the Syrian regime’s chemical weapons stocks. Yet in the shadows beyond the diplomatic spotlight, the war continued unchanged. The daily horrors witnessed by medical staff in opposition areas, where each week hundreds of injuries are caused by conventional weapons, seemed unlikely to be altered in any way by the latest political spectacle abroad.

“Chemical weapons account for just a fraction of the casualties in Syria,” the doctor said, to nods of agreement from the other medical staff in the room. “Even if you include phosphorous bombs as chemical weapons, less than 5 per cent of those we treat are chemical casualties. Chemical weapons are the concern of the international community. Our reality is Scud missiles, shell fire, rockets, airstrikes.”

There was no specific incident that had caused Dr Darwish to become numb, though he began to recount treating burnt civilians, still alive but so badly scorched that their bodies resembled “oak bark”. He said that after one bombing he had come across the truncated body of a six-year-old girl, her brother dead nearby, her parents alive, but without legs and hands. “But these types of experience are many and familiar to me now.” He knew that something was wrong a fortnight ago when he found himself laughing while dealing with casualties two hours after the death of a close friend, a fellow doctor killed in an airstrike on a field clinic. “At the start of the war his death would have made me grief-stricken for a week,” he said. “Instead, I found myself continuing with my work, laughing.”

He gave a short dry bark of sound when I asked how a Geneva deal might affect the situation. Across the fields outside, a distant plume of smoke suggested incoming rocket fire. Beyond the hospital walls, vehicles filled with foreign fighters drove up and down the road, their numbers greater now than at any previous time in the war. To the south, toward Hama, there was heavy fighting between the Free Syrian Army and the regime. To the north, some 50,000 refugees clustered shoulder to shoulder with jihadist groups in the wretched, feral spread of Atmeh camp.

Not one single detail in this bleak vista suggested hope or peaceful resolution to Syria’s war — and the world of Geneva, diplomacy and accord seemed to exist in a parallel universe. A nurse in the room, Mohamed Eid, who three weeks ago found the body of his seven-month-old cousin among a pile of casualties from an airstrike, told me that the Geneva talks made him feel like the victim of a trick. “The message for Bashar Assad from Geneva is that he can have time to carry on killing as he usually does,” he said. “The world has involved itself in his trick and will now continue to look on as we die here.”

Aside from the horror of their experiences treating the wounded, medical staff in opposition areas such as Atarib face a direct personal threat from the regime. A report released on Friday by United Nations investigators monitoring human rights abuses in Syria noted an “enduring and under-reported trend” of “Syrian government forces systematically attacking hospitals and medical staff” in rebel-held areas. The medical director of the British-registered charity Hand in Hand for Syria, which is at the forefront of supplying medical equipment to clinics in opposition-held areas, told The Times that the regime regularly attacked medical facilities. “They often target our field hospitals,” said Dr “B”, using an alias for security reasons. “We try to supply portable equipment as much as we can, as we keep on having to relocate clinics once they are targeted.”

Dr Darwish said that seven doctors he knew personally had been killed in field clinics shelled by regime artillery, and that over the past two years he had worked in ten different medical facilities under direct attack. He gave another fleeting smile. “ ‘Red lines’, ‘Geneva’, ‘chemical weapons deals,’ ” he said softly. “These are words barely relevant to our world of ruins, of dead without names. These are words that the international community will use to forget us again.”

Lonewolf_50
16th Sep 2013, 17:40
He knew that something was wrong a fortnight ago when he found himself
laughing while dealing with casualties two hours after the death of a close
friend, a fellow doctor killed in an airstrike on a field clinic. “At the start
of the war his death would have made me grief-stricken for a week,” he said.
“Instead, I found myself continuing with my work, laughing.”

Let me see: normal is for him to be a drama queen, but abnormal is to keep on with his lifesaving work as a health professional, and maybe resort to gallows humor or try to stay cheered up in a very tough situation?

That's what ER people do, that's what medics do, that's what docs in hard situations do all over the world. The whole tone of this article makes me sick. I smell a journalistic slant here ... and an agenda.

The doctor seems to have a firm grasp on reality, however.
He gave a short dry bark of sound when I asked how a Geneva deal might affect the situation.

As to the government bombing hospitals: well, at least they weren't using poison gas. :p

glad rag
16th Sep 2013, 20:03
FFS I get banned for linking to a George Galloway video but ^^^^^ obscenities like the above go unhindered.

well well well.

Lonewolf_50
16th Sep 2013, 20:32
glad rag: would you care to explain what you mean? Your spleen is now vented, but no coherence is in evidence.

dead_pan
16th Sep 2013, 21:55
LW - I think Mr Rag is referring to the OP's last post.

Mr Rag - did you really get banned for posting a video of Mr Galloway? How very curious. Was any explanation given, or did you just suddenly find yourself unable to log in?

Natstrackalpha
17th Sep 2013, 23:45
well alright then, if we must - but can`t we sort of wade in there without causing more death and destruction?

I mean, if a "regime" is targeting field hospitals - it doesn`t really matter who is in it - I mean, not everybody does that . . . just a few real evil nasty ones . . .who have done that in previous wars, (one might as well paint a target on the ambulance instead of a red cross) did the regime do that . . attack hospitals?

I mean, its not like they are all happy and having a nice morning when a load of napalm rains down for no apparent reason on all the women and children.

It seems to be more a case of - its totally a ***ked up situation and all the children and people are being burnt by/? whoever fired the shot in their direction.

Seems a good enough reason to go in there and stop it happening.

Here`s me sat here in comfort and . . relative silence (I daren`t say peace. . . ) when there are people in the world who have been to Afghan and to other sunny climes and seen it all first hand, a world go mad, and innocent people being blown up and burned by little soldiers representing an opaque idea of a religion that kills its own and hates the Yanks and which seemingly does not give a ***t about innocent women and children being cooked alive.

Something`s got to be done. I can see thousands of little hands stretching in our direction. And loads of grasping arms keeping us here.

Maybe its a self levelling situation. Who`d be God for a day?

Its so *****d up, - even if you went in there with an option, a deal deal, they would seemingly just keep on fighting. Fight City. Look at Iraq, Afghan, bombs still going off - in soft target areas, innocent people, day to day market goers, people just trying to get on with their lives - integrated with individuals who want to f*** it up for everybody by dicking the soldiers and planting ieds, they must be really ******g bored - have they seriously got nothing better to do?

Whether we went there or not - all this ***t would just still continue, like a form of `local politics` not Uncle Obama, call me Dave, Mr Dutch, Putin or God himself will stop this lot, they are on overdrive, what is a road trip for you and me is a mega killing spree for them - no one knows whos fighting who nor for what - and they love every minute of it.

Lonewolf_50
18th Sep 2013, 13:02
Something`s got to be done.
Why? Aren't you aware that a lot is already being done? There are foreign parties providing support to Mr Assad and his group, and there are also foreign parties providing help and support to his various opponents.

What more do you want done, and who do you want to do it?

Something else to consider: My country (America) was allowed to have its civil war, four years of it, with very little foreign interference.

Is there some reason that others are not allowed to have their own civil wars? Granted, civil wars are about as uncivil as wars can get ...

Natstrackalpha
19th Sep 2013, 08:18
LW.

Sure thang.

Freedom. Who are we (am I), to mess with peoples freedom?

I agree with you - let them alone and let them have their own little civil war.

Except, when you had your little major skirmish between the North and the South - was the outcome going to have almost immediate and potentially dangerous results for the remaining world? - I mean, had the South won, say, (don`t forget I am one who knows Jack diddly about anything . . ) then would a load of Confederate soldiers have gone off around the world setting of IEDs, forcing a religion shooting chicks who want to go to college and being hell bent on destroying everything that is Western just because it is Western, like the terrorists did in the 60s and 70. Pol pot, Bayah Minhaft, and nowadays al queasy, (quaeda) at least in your civil war - when it was done, it was done and them God--m Yankees did`nt walk around town blowing s--t up.

You know what - if there were a white, I say, WHITE British bunch of chaps who did the same s--t as al-queasote, do nowadays, and these imaginary Brits ran around doing the same stuff as al qreepia do today, then the authorites would have them nailed. Same in the States. So, how come the Leaders of Arab land incorported - like those delightful countries aforementioned in this thread - how come THEIR leaders (who attend summit meetings and are officially heads of state) and Kings and Queens and Princesses (ok, so they don`t like women) but how come their kings and queens don`t get their authorities to nail the candy a__es of al-queasy?

Because its a different set uP? Because its a different culture? Because, if they want to they can? Because they are not opposed? Because nobody in the world will do anything about it? Let them get on with it.

Bring the troops home, all of them. Who gives a sh**.

Now lets see - across middle East, not much probs there through Afghan, crowds should be raging then (and they aint chanting "Lawrence, Lawrence" . . ) through Turkey, ahh, there`s a nice lil watering hol - "Morning Mr Putin" all the -zhstans, pick up a few there - hello Kosovo! `Huit Point` - Alabania, `albania - douze point` - ah, they are well, keen, so long as they stay out of mainland Italy the Italianas won`t bother much over the Dolomites . . .

and so on and so on until - that teeny weeny frontline - that your children and ours have been dying for, the last decade has shrunk like a giant elastic band to a tiny circle surround your house.

Lonewolf_50
19th Sep 2013, 13:53
Nats:
a bit more pith, and a bit more proofreading would be appreciated. The ramble takes a bit of chewing. :p
I agree with you - let them alone and let them have their own little civil war.
As I noted above, they haven't been left alone, as in the Spanish Civil War, 1936-39.
Except, when you had your little major skirmish between the North and the South - was the outcome going to have almost immediate and potentially dangerous results for the remaining world?
Yes. All of the monarchies of the world would remain feeling threatened by a nation state founded on principle, not the Right of Kings.
- I mean, had the South won, ... snip
I don't think so, but we'll never know. The slave trade might have continued a while longer, however. :mad:
So, how come the Leaders of Arab land incorported -Money.
Bring the troops home, all of them. Who gives a sh**.
Our troops aren't in Syria. Not sure what you are on about there. You picked the topic, and it's Syria.

As to the larger threat, Oriana Fallaci raised the problem of Eurabia a couple of decades ago. If Europe wants it not to come true, Europe needs to get it sorted. Best of luck with all that.

hamayam
19th Sep 2013, 21:42
[quote] Lonewolf_50
"As to the larger threat, Oriana Fallaci raised the problem of Eurabia a couple of decades ago. If Europe wants it not to come true, Europe needs to get it sorted. Best of luck with all that. "

That brilliant woman would turn in her grave at this :mad:.........

Bizarre landmark ruling on Muslim veil by English court: Now you see her, now you don't - The Commentator (http://www.thecommentator.com/article/4151/bizarre_landmark_ruling_on_muslim_veil_by_english_court_now_ you_see_her_now_you_don_t)

Get it sorted ? :eek: How can the Limeys be so :mad: stupid ?

10Watt
3rd Oct 2013, 22:11
l wouldn`t know.

Maybe while l was driving a bus with people hidden under black cloth

offering tax payer funded photo id cards for free travel while keeping

the face hidden?

No worries. The powers that be sorted that one, the photo was scrapped.

Andu
3rd Oct 2013, 23:09
How can the Limeys be so stupid?I think it's going to get a lot worse before (if) it ever gets sorted. They are procreating at ten times the rate of non-Muslims in the UK and all too soon, they will have the numbers to affect elections (a lot more than they do now).

Some will not be at all comfortable with my next comment, but I fear the day will come when many in the UK will look back to the events in the former Yugoslavia in the early 90s with a very different eye than they do today.

500N
3rd Oct 2013, 23:10
Not just Limeys.

Australia as well.

WhatsaLizad?
4th Oct 2013, 00:23
Oh, this kid had zero military training, so I would guess he will become a statistic very soon after arriving in theater. Well, at least we can hope.

My guess is that there have been thousands of Saudis that have read the brochures and received travel directions to Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan that came from the Saudi Intelligence services along with tacit approval of the CIA and MI6

My bet is by the time the average Saudi kid who isn't a Prince reaches 20, he has a worthless education of 18 years of banging his head against a book and has zero skills beyond changing a lightbulb. Couple that with the problems meeting females speaking the same language and some radical Salafist cult think, and I think the powers to be would rather them poof themselves with an old RPG than get a critical mass to threaten the oil, money and influence pipelines.