PDA

View Full Version : smartcockpit website

cloggie
15th Sep 2013, 15:06
does anyone know what is going on with smartcockpit.com website? I cannot download any files. I am getting jibberish everytime I attempt to download a file. I am using an Apple Mac and an IPad 3. Sending an email to the website gets bounced every time as well. I am at a loss...

StainesFS
15th Sep 2013, 18:28
Works on my laptop although it's a windows machine. Am I right in assuming that the file does download but then its contents appear as gibberish? If so, what program is your machine using to try to open the file? Since the files are .pdf files, it needs to be something like Adobe Reader for Mac.

On a windows machine, at least, you are prompted to agree to the choice of program selected by the website but can change the program prior to viewing the document. Does your machine select a program? If so, which program is it?

SFS

-Omar-
15th Sep 2013, 19:14
Hi

is the gibberish in the contents of the file you download ? or is it in the download section of the webpage itself ? which Browser are you using ?

I would suggest opening the webpage in google chrome for mac if its the webpage that is gibberish, if its the files then re-install adobe reader and see if that makes a difference. Also its not a bad idea to have a virtual windows running on the mac :)

Best Regards,
Omar