PDA

View Full Version : Prince William PVR's

Davita
12th Sep 2013, 14:30
Just read that Prince William is leaving the RAF after 7 years service.

Whilst I have great reverence for the Monarchy I do hope Flight Lieutenant Mountbatten-Windsor has a better pro-rata compensation than I did after PVR as a Flight Lieutenant.

My service was 22 years and I received, after commuting 50%, a 'princely' sum of GBP 5,000.
My current monthly pension is, after tax, around GBP500/month.

In the UK....how much is a haircut these days?

Onceapilot
12th Sep 2013, 14:47
You could get 50 haircuts per month old chap.

OAP

Courtney Mil
12th Sep 2013, 14:49
Prince William PVR's

Didn't we just have a thread about the use of apostrophes? :(

ian16th
12th Sep 2013, 14:50
I bet he does better than me!

After 13 years, I got £50 :sad:

goudie
12th Sep 2013, 14:52
after commuting 50%, a 'princely' sum of GBP 5,000.

Yer can't have yer penney and yer bun!

Union Jack
12th Sep 2013, 14:58
Just read that Prince William is leaving the military (RAF) after 7 years service.

On a point of order, Mr D, Prince William will never leave the military for the rest of his life!:)

Jack

PS But I ken what ye mean .....

4ROCK
12th Sep 2013, 15:17
Courtney

What about a cull on errant full stops (Flt. Lt.) - they breed like flies..........

dallas
12th Sep 2013, 15:26
Seems to have been given preferential notice terms too. His last duty was only 2 days ago...presuming he doesn't have 18 months of holding now?

Fareastdriver
12th Sep 2013, 15:32
Looks like Bristow can scratch him off their list.

Basil
12th Sep 2013, 16:59
When I asked if my gratuity would be paid pro rata if I went before my 8 year point I was told "Leave before 8 years and you get nothing and here's a nice ground tour for your cheek!" :(

Echo 5
12th Sep 2013, 17:19
I do hope Flt. Lt. Windsor has a better pro-rata compensation than I did after PVR as a Flt. Lt.

Don't want to be picky but should that not read Flt.Lt Wales ? ;)

NutLoose
12th Sep 2013, 17:22
Do you think they'll chop his flying pay until his out date? Isn't he off to play with the Pongos?

Hangarshuffle
12th Sep 2013, 17:32
Fackin ell ees ardly tret the crabs wif any nuff respect.
Got married in the wrong rig.
Never did no proper op tour.
Used the crabs.
A joke on the crabs, and a very bad example to real servicemen....and wimmin..

Saintsman
12th Sep 2013, 19:26
Another PVR? Morale must be bad on SAR...

VinRouge
12th Sep 2013, 20:16
Did he complete a minimum ROS?

MG
12th Sep 2013, 20:41
Hangarshuffle, ok, I'll bite.....what the f...?

Courtney Mil
12th Sep 2013, 21:03
4Rock,

Quite right. What is this place coming to?

Flipflop,

Looks like you made him flouce off. The post appears to have gone. Why would that be?

teeteringhead
12th Sep 2013, 22:27
Given the strong rumours that he was returning to the Blues, coupled with his love of and skill at flying, could there be a Royal grump along the lines of:

"Well if I can't fly and you won't let me go to war like Wales Minor, then I'm buggared if I'm going to trot up and down outside Granny's house like a chocolate soldier. Gissa proper job!"

Just wondering ........

Danny42C
12th Sep 2013, 23:49
Off Thread a little, but how can we get the BBC to understand that this newfangled imaginary creature, "the military", does not exist. Get rid of it !

I, and most of you, and Flt/Lt the Duke of Cambridge, serve or served in the Royal Air Force (and are proud to do/have done so).

"Military" is an adjective, not a noun.

Danny42C.

Davita
13th Sep 2013, 03:22
Quote by Onceapilot "You could get 50 haircuts per month old chap."

Nostalgia...where are the good old days when I was a Halton Apprentice and we got a free haircut every week...whether we liked or not!
I still have hair (white, no longer brown) and my father was completely bald.....so maybe there is something to the theory that cutting hair makes it stronger.

Flight Lieutenant Mountbatten-Windsor seems to be losing his hair...but he went to Cranwell! :{

thunderbird7
13th Sep 2013, 06:10
Surprised he's not finishing his time with an Ops tour in the Falklands...

vascodegama
13th Sep 2013, 06:37
Echo-no it should be Flt Lt

Danny-it is both

Blacksheep
13th Sep 2013, 07:15
Military in this sense is an American noun adaptation of an English adjective. To be used by Americans only. :=

I have never forgotten the opening sentence of our first GST lecture.
"You are now serving in Her Majesty's Royal Air Force. You are not and never will be in the RAFF! Understand?"

... the good old days when I was a Halton Apprentice and we got a free haircut every week"Fagash Lil' "would give you a nice 'Boston' for going on leave if you slipped her two-bob.

vascodegama
13th Sep 2013, 07:30
So mouton the Cambridge dictionary is wrong? You might have been right when you joined the RAF but things evolve.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
13th Sep 2013, 08:10
"You might have been right when you joined the RAF but things evolve".

Aargh! don't set that hare running; and another thing, not all evolution is progress.

That's a good point about HRH missing the chance to fly a desk close to Home. Like reconnaissance, perhaps time spent in staff work is seldom wasted. He might find it useful when he gets to the big chair and the shiny hat.

Courtney Mil
13th Sep 2013, 08:25
I feel sorry for Mrs Wales. It's a busy time with a new baby to look after AND getting ready for the march out. I hear they're really strict at Valley. :sad:

Motleycallsign
13th Sep 2013, 09:18
As long as some plod doesn't surprise HRH in the garden and ask for ID, he should get it tidied up over the weekend.

gijoe
13th Sep 2013, 09:35
'Off Thread a little, but how can we get the BBC to understand that this newfangled imaginary creature, "the military", does not exist. Get rid of it !

I, and most of you, and Flt/Lt the Duke of Cambridge, serve or served in the Royal Air Force (and are proud to do/have done so).

"Military" is an adjective, not a noun.

Danny42C.'

Suits me...I don't think there is anything military about the RAFF.

G:ok:

Davita
13th Sep 2013, 10:15
I was an F/E on Hastings seconded in Belize.
We had just landed and went to the bar in KD uniform.
A 'lady', who clearly was not on her first martini, looked us over and asked "Which 'military' are you boys from?" Someone said "The Royal Air Force". "and which country is that?" she responded. Bewildered, someone else said it referred to Great Britain.
"Ah...then I suggest you ask your Queen to fit you boys with nicer uniforms!"

We looked at each other and agreed she was drunk.....but correct. We looked terrible.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
13th Sep 2013, 11:24
As long as some plod doesn't surprise HRH in the garden and ask for ID, he should get it tidied up over the weekend

Will he get Tourex gardening leave?

NutLoose
13th Sep 2013, 11:45
What will he do if Manning says there is a shortfall and he cannot PVR? :p

vascodegama
13th Sep 2013, 11:49
GBZ

I agree-such as the use of an exclamation mark in the middle of a sentence!

OutlawPete
13th Sep 2013, 12:37
Got married in the wrong rig.

Don't hold not wearing RAF No1's against him, he probably didn't want to get mistaken for a bus conductor or a chauffeur!

Besides, by borrowing that kit, think of the brass he saved by not having to nip down to Moss Bros.

ian16th
13th Sep 2013, 16:25
Davita

Nostalgia...where are the good old days when I was a Halton Apprentice and we got a free haircut every week...whether we liked or not! Free?

As a B/E in 1952 we were stopped 1/- a month, for which we had as many haircuts as we were told to have :ok:

And yes, I too still have a full head of hair, now grey.

akula
13th Sep 2013, 17:40
There is no way he PVR'd as he seems a bright sort of punter, he will have utilised the Royal early NGR and kept his SP(Flying):}:}

Always ASSUME Never CHECK

Just This Once...
13th Sep 2013, 17:43
NGR? For occifers?

brakedwell
13th Sep 2013, 18:10
He will be a Wing Commander next year ;)

CoffmanStarter
13th Sep 2013, 18:24
Come on guys we need to put out the well renowned PPRuNe Welcome Mat here ...

The poor guy has been struggling to think up a discrete User Name so that he can join in with traditional good spirited banter and gentle leg pulling that is PPRuNe :ok:

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af162/CoffmanStarter/image_zpsa5ecbd7e.jpg

So I thought we might like to help him with a few suggestions :ok:

I'm sure there will be many who will chip in with the likes of "Big Willy" ... "Big Chopper" and other dubious suggestions ... so we'll get them up front and out the way :p

OK ... So what have we got to offer ...

Coff.

ricardian
13th Sep 2013, 18:40
SonOfWingnut?

PURPLE PITOT
13th Sep 2013, 18:44
WingnutII.......:ok:

Danny42C
13th Sep 2013, 19:08
Coffman Starter,

Before we start, the pic just cries out for a little Caption Competition (no prizes on offer, and just a one-off)...

Entry No.1: "WTF ?"

Revenons à nos moutons (vascodegama to note)

How about "Builtinrocket" ?

D.

oxenos
13th Sep 2013, 19:08
He's prolly on here already.

OutlawPete
13th Sep 2013, 21:37
Coffman Starter,

Before we start, the pic just cries out for a little Caption Competition (no prizes on offer, and just a one-off)...

D.

"I'm posted to Lossiemouth. ..bugger that for a game of soldiers....how does one push the facking button!"

Melchett01
13th Sep 2013, 21:49
Fair play for baling out before getting caught in the pension trap, especially with no job lined up and a young family to care for. Hopefully the career transition workshop will help get the CV squared away :ok:

Big Pistons Forever
14th Sep 2013, 00:36
re Flt Lt Wales and his pprune handle

How about "A Bloody War and a Sickly Season"

Seriously though, he flew the Canadian SeaKings when he visited Canada a few years ago. Reports from those who flew with him were quite complimentary and this is from guys who thought him flying the mighty Sea king on a real No Shyte SAR job was a bit of a joke. The fact that he impressed them is significant, and should be a point of pride to every British (and Commonwealth) citizen.

NutLoose
14th Sep 2013, 00:47
Seems odd he has PVR'd, rumour was he was destined to be a high flyer in this mans Air Farce.

As for the pprune nickname.... "LooWarmer111".
As he will eventually be keeping the old throne seat warm for George.

Added the 111, so Betty if she wishes to join in here can be LooWarmer1 and Chuck LooWarmer11

Steve the Pirate
14th Sep 2013, 02:05
The Doc?

STP

CoffmanStarter
14th Sep 2013, 07:58
As a result of my post @#38 ... I received a PM overnight. Apparently I can be contacted here in the future ... that's Lower Cell 4C ...

http://www.issfshootingworldcup.com/images/dr_511e0810f0fce5b00bd52ec66631314a.jpg

Keep the suggestions coming :E

ian16th
14th Sep 2013, 08:21
"I'm posted to Lossiemouth. ..bugger that for a game of soldiers....how does one push the facking button!"

That wouldn't be too bad a posting for him.

Just how far from Balmoral is Lossiemouth?

Heathrow Harry
14th Sep 2013, 13:33
couple of hours drive..................

NutLoose
14th Sep 2013, 14:57
I've been ripening some old tomatoes in the Fridge to come throw at you Coff when they put you out in the stocks to get some fresh air.

Hueymeister
14th Sep 2013, 15:02
Well there's a coincidence...flew him to Bastion one year then we PVR together....hopefully see him at the Career Transition Workshop...

CoffmanStarter
14th Sep 2013, 17:12
Cheers Nutty ... Happy to return the favour someday when I'm out on parole :E

Dengue_Dude
14th Sep 2013, 17:32
One understands that he has private means and good connections. One imagines he couldn't give a monkey's about how long one must serve in order to qualify for pensions.

That said, at least when we're finished, we're done . . . his 'reserve service' is likely to last his lifetime. I wouldn't want it.

Whilst not a royalist, I can only offer my sincere best wishes, I can't help liking him despite being 'His' son.

Our current crop of royals have impressed me by going into harm's way. Don't see many Congressmens' sons or President's NOK out wherever things are tough.

NutLoose
14th Sep 2013, 17:38
Well the presidents daughters are about 12 and 15, so I can understand that.

OutlawPete
14th Sep 2013, 17:58
William and Harry between the pair of them, have been brilliant, I for one wish them both the very best whatever they do. It would be good to see William embrace royal duties more now that he's left the RAF.
Hopefully Harry will continue to serve in the Army for a while though. The strong connection between the Royals and the military in the UK in some way makes up for the disdain with which our politicians treat us.

CoffmanStarter
14th Sep 2013, 18:29
Well said OP :D

500N
14th Sep 2013, 18:44
Dengue

Reagding your comment
"Don't see many Congressmens' sons or President's NOK
out wherever things are tough."

I made that mistake once, a list was produced that showed quite a few sons and daughters of Congressmen and Senators serve in the Military and a lot went to Iraq or Afghanistan. It was a long list.

kintyred
14th Sep 2013, 21:18
I wasn't aware that HRH was still in the Military, last I heard he was doing a tour on search and rescue.

Big Pistons Forever
15th Sep 2013, 00:49
I wasn't aware that HRH was still in the Military, last I heard he was doing a tour on search and rescue.

Now that is just plain unkind :ouch:

Dan Winterland
15th Sep 2013, 01:08
Weniwozatvalley, the Search And Rescue Training Unit (SARTU) was known amongst us fixed wing types as SARPU -Save A Real Pilot Unit.

GreenKnight121
15th Sep 2013, 07:22
Don't see many Congressmens' sons or President's NOK out wherever things are tough.
Dengue

Reagding your comment
"Don't see many Congressmens' sons or President's NOK
out wherever things are tough."

I made that mistake once, a list was produced that showed quite a few sons and daughters of Congressmen and Senators serve in the Military and a lot went to Iraq or Afghanistan. It was a long list.

I'm not going to do a major list, just show two in particular:

Vice President of the United States, Joe Biden: oldest son, Beau Biden joined the military in 2003 as a member of the Delaware national Guard and was recently promoted to the rank of Major in the Judge-Advocate-General (JAG) Corps as part of the 261st Signal brigade in Smyrna, Delaware.

Beau Biden ran for, and was elected as, Attorney General of the State of Delaware in 2006.

Biden's unit was activated to deploy to Iraq on October 3, 2008, and sent to Fort Bliss, Texas, for pre-deployment training, the day after his father participated in the 2008 presidential campaign's only vice-presidential debate. His father is on the record as saying, "I don't want him going. But I tell you what, I don't want my grandson or my granddaughters going back in 15 years, and so how we leave makes a big difference." Biden received a visit at Camp Victory from his father on July 4, 2009. Biden returned from Iraq in September 2009, his yearlong deployment complete. Biden had announced that during his deployment he would continue to actively serve as Delaware's Attorney General by working in conjunction with his office's senior staff in Delaware, although a member of his unit related Biden saying he had turned over most of his attorney general work to his deputy so as to focus on his duties in Iraq.

Senator John S. McCain III: oldest natural (as opposed to adopted) son John S. McCain IV graduated from the US Naval Academy on 22 May 2009.

2nd natural son, James McCain entered USMC boot camp on 11 September 2006, and deployed to Iraq in July 2007 as a Lance Corporal. "Jimmy", who spent seven months patrolling Anbar Province, learned of his father’s New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary victory in January 2008 while he was digging a stuck military vehicle out of the mud.

Oldest (and adopted) son Doug McCain was an A-6 Intruder pilot in the USN in the 1980s.

Willard Whyte
15th Sep 2013, 07:47
One wonders how many sons and daughters of our current or recent crop of parliamentary parasites have been in, or will join, the military.

Not very many I suspect.

500N
15th Sep 2013, 10:18
I still can't find the list of sons and daughters of US pollies who have served
but this list is interesting.

Who served? (http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html)

Willard Whyte
15th Sep 2013, 10:46
Hmm, that list isn't biased, no not at all.

parabellum
15th Sep 2013, 12:24
Harry's military career will probably come to an end, actively, that is, about the time he would otherwise be going to Staff College I would think?

500N
15th Sep 2013, 12:42
Para

Why do you say that ?

I can't see Harry doing just royal duties. I think he'll be bored quite quickly
and he has a ripper of a job.

Melchett01
15th Sep 2013, 13:36
500N,

An interesting list. Taking to one side the clear political nature of the list the Democrats seem to have a strong history of military service whilst the Republicans, who if I were to play on stereotypes, one might consider to be more hawkish and therefore inclined to miltary operations look a little ahem limp wristed when called up on.

I do wonder whether those in the Democrat list had Democratic leanings before serving or whether their service influence their political leanings.

Could be the last?
15th Sep 2013, 17:30
His choice to leave was probably predicated on the demise of the SARF,
; more importantly, the speed he has left the Service sets an interesting precedent for other personnel who may decide that they wish to follow an alternative career path!

TomJoad
15th Sep 2013, 17:32
His choice to leave was probably predicated on the demise of the SARF,
; more importantly, the speed he has left the Service sets an interesting precedent for other personnel who may decide that they wish to follow an alternative career path!

Err, yeah, wish you well with that one.:ok:

Willard Whyte
15th Sep 2013, 17:35
I'm sure with his experience he could get a job with a civvy chopper firm.

Dengue_Dude
15th Sep 2013, 17:36
GreenKnight121

Thanks, that's a refreshing change and I'm more than happy to acknowledge my error. Apologies to all concerned. Perhaps that's the problem with perceptions, they don't require proof . . .

Good on those families that are willing to face the risk that so many people who have little choice exercise.

I still have a curious regard for our erstwhile king, he has a great deal of credibility amongst so many more folks than his dad can muster (certainly within the peer group I operate within).

clicker
15th Sep 2013, 18:47
Has Coff lost his head yet or has he scared off the ravens?

CoffmanStarter
15th Sep 2013, 19:12
Clicker old chap ... My accommodation is slightly damp but it has a certain historic charm ... I'm working on the Raven problem ... But I'm not allowed explosives apparently ... Could you ask BEagle to post one of those tapes he mentioned ... :ok:

Union Jack
15th Sep 2013, 22:31
I still have a curious regard for our erstwhile king,

... and I have have a curious regard for your use of "erstwhile"!:)

Jack

parabellum
15th Sep 2013, 22:37
Para

Why do you say that ?

I don't see Harry as a career soldier, more a career Royal with a very credible military background. Rest of his life in uniform often, yes, may actually go back to his own regiment perhaps and be seriously involved in military matters for a long time to come, just not a career soldier through to fifty five.

Sorry chaps, bit of thread drift here!

OutlawPete
16th Sep 2013, 06:42
I still have a curious regard for our erstwhile king,

... and I have have a curious regard for your use of "erstwhile"!:)

Jack

Makes two of us Jack. I guess that post is now "erstwhile" too. :p

Wholigan
16th Sep 2013, 08:13
I think he's talking about George VI. :E

Dunky
16th Sep 2013, 11:35
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af162/CoffmanStarter/image_zpsa5ecbd7e.jpg

With that badge he seems to already have a sponsorship deal with the Honda TT Legends team, well he is a bit of a 'flier' :E

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae262/SanchoPanza1/HondaTTLegends.jpg (http://s978.photobucket.com/user/SanchoPanza1/media/HondaTTLegends.jpg.html)

kintyred
16th Sep 2013, 20:44
Come now Alba,

That badge is a clever reference to 22 Sqn's time in Malta when they had to overfly the 7 Group HQ on take off.....which gives you 22 over 7 which is an approximation to Pi. Geddit? Oh never mind

kintyred
16th Sep 2013, 20:46
Sorry Dunky....didn't mean to refer to you by your location. Unforgivable as a Jock myself!

Dengue_Dude
17th Sep 2013, 21:13
Sorry chaps, there are just some threads that one (me in this case) should just not bother to comment on, especially when one has imbibed some of the lovely red wine Cabalie.

Brian's Brain was obviously addled. It was me, personally, absolutely wrong regarding use of 'erstwhile' and my head hurts.

Oh dear. On the bright side, it can only get better!

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

500N
17th Sep 2013, 21:18
Dengue

Water, drink water !

NutLoose
17th Sep 2013, 22:52
Water...jeez, don't you realise that fish have sex and poop in that.. Ugh..

Courtney Mil
17th Sep 2013, 23:11
Nutty,

Go up into your attic and take the carp out of your water tank. It really will help.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
17th Sep 2013, 23:18
If he didn't carp, he wouldn't be proper Matelot, Tommy, Brylcreamer. :ok:

(OK; fishead, pongo, crabfat)

switch_on_lofty
18th Sep 2013, 00:58
From the Telegraph:
Why Prince William will not pay back his 'outstanding training costs' at the RAF - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/10309637/Why-Prince-William-will-not-pay-back-his-outstanding-training-costs-at-the-RAF.html)

Courtiers have reacted angrily to suggestions that the Duke of Cambridge's decision to give up full-time military duties would cost the taxpayer hundreds of thousands of pounds.
The £800,000 of training that each helicopter pilot undertakes means that recruits are expected to serve for six years in the role. Prince William has given up after three years, leading to claims that the taxpayer will be left with a £400,000 bill.
A military source confirms to Mandrake that the Duke, 31, has left the RAF with “outstanding training costs”.
He says: "The mechanics of financial repayment are not possible. Prince William will, effectively, repay any outstanding training costs by return of service to the nation in other areas."
A Kensington Palace spokesman says: “No money is 'owed to the taxpayer."
He adds: "The Duke spent eight years in the military, three in the RAF, racked up 1,300 flying hours, went on more than 150 search-and-rescue missions, helping to rescue 150 people, often in precarious flying conditions. We believe he has done more than his fair share.”
A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence declines to comment.

My question: How has he got 1,300 hrs in 3 years?
I think that the cost of bespoke flying training for Prince William probably pales into insignificance when compared to the civil list.
Good on him for a) Joining and flying and b) getting one over on the RoS police.

NutLoose
18th Sep 2013, 09:29
A bit of bad timing on the woofer front

Two 'royal' guard dogs put down (http://news.uk.msn.com/two-royal-guard-dogs-put-down)

Just This Once...
18th Sep 2013, 17:29
“No money is owed to the taxpayer...spent X years in the military, X in the RAF, racked up XXX flying hours, went on more than XXX missions, often in precarious flying conditions. We believe he has done more than his fair share.”

Excellent lines for the JPA PVR/ET boxes. A gift from HRH to all who thought they were trapped by a RoS.

From the crewroom today - thank-you!

:D

Laarbruch72
18th Sep 2013, 19:49
A bit of bad timing on the woofer front

Indeed, I noticed the reporting, although the media coverage of that has been laughable. It must have been a slow news day, even the BBC were trying to link a couple of guard dogs being put down with the Prince leaving Valley.
As an airfield it has a dog section, and dogs at the end of their "careers" are put to sleep all the time, particularly if they're unhomeable nutters or medically well past it, it's not exactly newsworthy. Well, maybe it is if you put a picture of HRH in a flying suit as the picture. Oh look, they did. :*

sisemen
18th Sep 2013, 20:19
Oh FFS leave the lad alone. I think that it's brilliant that a future King of Britain chose to spend part of his life with the RAF. It may well benefit the Service in future years.

Dengue_Dude
18th Sep 2013, 21:05
Oh FFS leave the lad alone. I think that it's brilliant that a future King of Britain chose to spend part of his life with the RAF. It may well benefit the Service in future years.

Absolutely, he shines out from many of the other 'Royals'. I can only wish him and his brother all the best. Their mum would have been proud of them.

Davita
19th Sep 2013, 01:47
I wonder if he will need to hand in his aircrew watch.

That was probably the most humiliating part of leaving the RAF after 22 years...they wanted my aircrew watch back! Normally loyal and long term service in civvy companies traditionally give watches as retirement presents. I thought my employer.......'Her Majesty'......was plain mean.

I was originally issued with an Omega watch but the contract changed and we had to swop for something called a Hamilton. Boy! it was heavy on my skinny wrist but kept better time than the Omega.

I now sport a handsome Bolex, purchased for a fiver in the back streets of Jakarta from a little man that guaranteed it was genuine. :}:=

NutLoose
19th Sep 2013, 11:08
Further on from the woofer news, here is the woof facts

288 military dogs put down by MoD (http://news.uk.msn.com/288-military-dogs-put-down-by-mod-1)

seadrills
25th Sep 2013, 17:55
It seems that a Return of service no longer counts - providing you can "rack up" 1300 Hours

Why Prince William will not pay back his 'outstanding training costs' at the RAF - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/10309637/Why-Prince-William-will-not-pay-back-his-outstanding-training-costs-at-the-RAF.html)