PDA

View Full Version : BOMBER BOYS - A TRIBUTE

Fg Off Bloggs
12th Sep 2013, 12:00
Just received an e-mail from a Bucc Boy now resident in Australia offering this as a worthy tribute to those who flew, fought and died in Bomber Command in WW2:

Full Moon Tonight music video (short version) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/ot_-t-zz_hk)

His message from Oz follows:

The song is written by my chum Peter Knight who lives in Coonabarabran. His Dad was a Nav on 460 Sqn based at Wickenby and Peter has released his diaries in book form as the “Warrumbungle Warrior” after the name of the hills around Coona. Peter also wrote the song, “Full moon tonight” which is sung here by a Riverina country singer called Grant Luhrs. Very evocative I think.

I think as bomber crews ourselves it is worth a watch and it would be nice if the song could be publicised in the UK and further afield. I love it; it is very moving. It has been around for some years but never been “a hit”. Maybe You-tube could change that? It is always a mystery why it took so long for the bomber guys to get the recognition they deserved.

Also reading a fascinating book called about Max Sanders DFC, “Out of the Darkness” A Tasmanian Nav who only recently could bear to relive his experiences of 31 ops on 419 RCAF Sqn.

If you can help promote the video and the song, then please feel free to do so.

As ever
Your obedient servant
Bloggs (Fg Off for the use of!)

David Layne
13th Sep 2013, 09:20
I enjoyed that. Where do I see the long version?

Fg Off Bloggs
13th Sep 2013, 16:29
I'm afraid I don't know, David, but Google could be your friend! Beware, however, there are a number of YouTube entries using the song title Full Moon Tonight!

Bloggs:ok:

ian.whalley
14th Sep 2013, 03:35
Thank you very much for sharing that. A fitting tribute to those brave men.