PDA

View Full Version : Word/Works

Dan Gerous
12th Sep 2013, 11:10
I'm getting a bit fed up opening old saved word files, from my previous computer, on works, and having to go to the drop down menu at the bottom to "select all" to read files. Is there any way I can set "select all" as the default "files of type" in the menu.

Also when finishing a works document, it's default is to save as a works document. As above, can I change this to select the word/doc option in the menu, as the default, "save as type"?

It's getting really frustrating trying to apply for jobs, and recipients only accepting doc files, or trying to use computers that don't use works, and having to convert them all from works to word.

I'm on Windows 7.

Thanks
Danny

BOAC
12th Sep 2013, 11:31
From 'another place'
"Some versions of Works came with Word - if you are lucky, you can go to the Tools Menu -> Options, then click the Save tab. You should have an option there to change to the .doc format to save files.

If you are unlucky and do not have the version with Word, then there is no way to change the default."

So if it ain't there you ain't got it. Have you got a 'save as rtf' option? Word will read that.

Dan Gerous
16th Sep 2013, 07:42
Thanks BOAC, I'll try that.

Danny

The Flying Pram
17th Sep 2013, 21:25
You could install "Open Office". It will open Word documents, and allow you to save them in Word compatible format.
Apache OpenOffice - The Free and Open Productivity Suite (http://www.openoffice.org/)