PDA

View Full Version : Somebody has a sense of humour....

airspace alpha
12th Sep 2013, 04:07
From the CASA Register: (I've deleted the actual address)

Registered 3rd sept 2013. VH-BBM Beech F33A

registration holder and operator:
SELOHESRA Aviation Pty Ltd
49 ****** St
VIC ****

I wonder if the paint scheme is brown?

onetrack
12th Sep 2013, 05:25
It's obvious no-one has ever spotted the company name in a mirror?? :E

I wonder if they're good blokes to work for? - or are they really, a total bunch of ........ :)

solowflyer
12th Sep 2013, 06:32
BBM used to my old seat but was a fletcher.

Arm out the window
12th Sep 2013, 09:15
Good one! I wonder if OUYWERCS Aviation could slip through the net?

Andy_RR
12th Sep 2013, 10:59
Did they miss out on VH-BUM?

Fris B. Fairing
12th Sep 2013, 22:17
There was the celebrated case of a C310 belonging to a Mr Rear. It was registered VH-ARS with a much smaller "ole" added after the rego.

HarleyD
19th Sep 2013, 00:12
We had a 210 on line rego VH-POO

One of our pilots was out in central NSW and crossed paths with VH-BUM, so he just had to ask

"Bravo Uniform Mike, have you passed Papa Oscar Oscar yet"

"Not Yet, but I don't believe in pushing too hard"

HD

Arm out the window
19th Sep 2013, 02:18
In a previous life when teaching basic medium level nav in Parrots, my (some would say childish) habit when there wasn't any real traffic around was to make up callsigns exactly along those lines for the studes to deal with. Foxtrot Uniform Kilo used to get a run quite often, as well as Bravo Uniform Mike and Charlie Oscar Kilo.

aroa
19th Sep 2013, 07:05
or at least in the subconscious...??
Quite a few times when calling in with SXX, lady controllers responded with sierra echo xray.!!
Mmmmmm.....
Yes please.

Frank Arouet
19th Sep 2013, 09:28
Too many years ago at Bankstown, VH SEX and VH SIN.

One was a twin Comanche from memory.

greybeard
19th Sep 2013, 09:51
Then there was VH_EGG, C-206 of Inghams, no yoke I am serious

:O

Propstop
19th Sep 2013, 10:54
In Port Moresby during the 80s there was P2-TIT, a Cherokee 140, P2-BOX, a Helio Courier, and P2-BUM, and I forget what it was, most likely Tailie will know.
I still yearn for those days in a beautiful country where I had some of the greatest times of my life and met some unforgettable characters. :ok:
Sorry for the slight drift.

MakeItHappenCaptain
20th Sep 2013, 03:31
Sure ARS was being worked at AMS Caloundra. Kicker was the engineer on it was also working on KOX at the sme time. :E

Frank Arouet
20th Sep 2013, 07:12
I put about 100 hours on an old straight tail C172, VH MUG. Very good phonetic tone I thought. (and $10 per hour wet).

Mug probably describes my out of control expenditure on aviation since 1965. Wish I had it all back now, (you know the cash- and the experience of doing something nobody else will be able to do in the regulated environment of today).

Sigh:(

LeadSled
20th Sep 2013, 08:04
VH-SEX and VH-SIN,
AAaaaaHHhhhh!!!! for the good old days of Aircraft Rentals --- DCA drew the line at -SEX, the Twin Comanche, flying with PlayBoy nudes on the nose.
I wonder where John Cougle (or was it Cougal) these days?
Tootle pip!!

Fantome
20th Sep 2013, 09:29
Ahhh Frank . .. . .. you have an ear for the flowing phonetics. The AN 3 holer VH-RME was often heard with a Brissie based old skipper drawling into his mic -

ROMEO MY GECKO

drifting drifting he could well have been on the channel country threes back in the 50s -

"we'll be landing Charlie-ville in about half an hour . If you're sittin' on the right you may pick out Blackall . . if you're on the left . . you'll see f u c k all"

VH-SIN was Dr Geoffrey Edelston's Navajo he used to fly up to Walgett in the middle of the night . To get the juicy details you need to havachat with one PR who hangs out of Singleton.

VH-POO was owned by one Taylor at LTV He used to hire her out at $80 an hour dry in 1985. Clocked up 65 hours in four fabulous weeks on a top end red centre charter. Never forget putting into Mt Elizabeth Stn in the Kimberleys after sundown. WRONG Elizabeth Downs bloody grass four feet high. And the homestead deserted 20 years before. Next day fueller at Kununnurra takes one look at the grass in the gear -

"know where you were yesterday .. mate."

and they say you can rely always on the current amended WAC pig's arse

Frank Arouet
20th Sep 2013, 11:58
Fantome;

A talk with PR is always a six pack affair. But I do owe him a call. Thanks for prompting me into it.:)

LeadSled;

JC was last heard of selling Hair restorer.

Although it could have been Hare restorer, he was into everything.

nitpicker330
20th Sep 2013, 13:16
Not to forget the Super Decathlon 8KCAB VH-CUM at YMMB.

Up-into-the-air
22nd Sep 2013, 23:34
or the 152 - VH-RUM at Innisfail, that I saw today

Seems he is a bit off course!! Would have expected a/c to be at Bundaberg!!

das Uber Soldat
23rd Sep 2013, 08:06
VH-FAG is still buzzing around :}

Hugh Jarse
23rd Sep 2013, 09:22
VH-POX. Owned by Dr. John Anderson (Gynaecologist). I taught his Mrs. to fly.