PDA

View Full Version : ZEST

ken727pilot
10th Sep 2013, 23:33
My buddy just finished his evaluation sim .. Any one confirm they are hiring I thought only PI citizens he said he just walk in...

It's a L-seat direct entry captain slot!
I just finished my sim. The big deal at Zest (Air Asia) is are you going to bust your training bond? Can you live in the Philippines? The sim was very short. Manila runway 06 take off from runway, takeoff brief, before take off check, V1 cut, ECAM actions, return back into Manila, I got an engine fire on my working engine, land ASAP!, evacuation, done.

The big deal at ALL Asian carriers is the Airbus flows and call outs.
These must be done verbatim!

All training at Zest is done in KL.

Just wondering if anyone is working for ZEST and can give everyone the real deal !!! The stuff I see from Zest is old post.. I have been out of the country have not heard anything positive about any job in PI...

Thanks !

hawker125driver
11th Sep 2013, 10:01
Not true. I never heard anything about and bond. Secondly, the training will be done at either the sim in Manila or Clark THEN the final evaluation will be done in KL.

Zest/AirAsia had great guys with a really friendly environment.

ken727pilot
12th Sep 2013, 22:26
Thank you for the input I guess you are the only guy who knows. Wonder if the training bond is for Direct entry no time in type?

Intruder One
13th Sep 2013, 15:51
Any clue how you apply with these guys?I even have a buddy in the Philippines trying to get me some info.Hate I missed the open house a few months back but saw it too late to attend.I'm looking for DEC if they are doing that.Any info would be great !

polaris79
15th Sep 2013, 12:48
anyone know what the chances for a A320 rated with ATPL but zero hours on type are pls?

Skymaster337
16th Sep 2013, 03:50
Any clue how you apply with these guys?I even have a buddy in the Philippines trying to get me some info.Hate I missed the open house a few months back but saw it too late to attend.I'm looking for DEC if they are doing that.Any info would be great ! You turned down CP because of "local terms" but you want to get into Zest under local terms? :confused:

Fubaliera
16th Sep 2013, 13:52
Actually Zest and its AOC is transitioning to the new Air Asia PH and manila will be its base and the Air Asia PH Aoc will be frozen and clarks flighs cancelled .In a pilots meeting Tony Fernandez last week He announced that were getting Air Asia pay and benefits as of Sept 1st. Having said that, with the new terms and conditions Air Asia/ Zest will become the highest paid pilot group in the PH. The bad side of that is its gonna attract locals from Cebu, Tiger Ph and Pal and probably close the doors for expats. Time will only tell

cessna95
16th Sep 2013, 22:51
highly paid pilot group in the PH........sounds tempting.:=

AirWind
17th Sep 2013, 06:48
How much do AAPh FOs and Capts make on average? If true, will the likelihood of Cebu, PAL, and Tiger Air to follow suit with better compensation to keep their experienced pilots?

Intruder One
19th Sep 2013, 18:20
Yes that's what I heard as well,the pay would be much better than CP.No I would not be interested if it was "local terms"

Again, hate to ask the same question but how do you apply and are they hiring foreign DEC?

Fubaliera
20th Sep 2013, 10:21
No more expats for the moment and if they ever do only on local terms, unless you can get a work permit via marriage etc etc.

pinoy aviator
18th Oct 2013, 08:30
Hey y'all! Anyone on the know what the package might be for AA Zest captain? How's the hiring going for DECs?