PDA

View Full Version : Distance ATPL recommendations and IR conversions

Andrewgresswell
31st Jan 2002, 11:10
Hello there,

Can anyone recommend any of Bristol, Atlantique or Glasgow for distance ATPL studies???

Also, does anyone know if I'm able to convert an Australian Command IR to the JAR equivilant without having to redo an entire course???

Thanks a Million.

Matthewjharvey
31st Jan 2002, 12:22
Bristol's notes are the best I've seen and their instructors are first rate.

Good Luck

[ 31 January 2002: Message edited by: The Greaser ]</p>

Trash 'n' Navs
31st Jan 2002, 13:02
3Greens,

For your IR, the JAA regs state you can "be issued with a JAR-FCL IR(A) providing requirements of JAR-FCL 1.190 have been met. Applicants must:

1 - undertake IR theoretical knowledge instruction as determined by the Head of Training of an approved training provider, and pass ALL of the JAR-FCL theortical knowledge examinations at IR level. Applicants who have passed JAR-FCL ... examinations at ATPL(A) level are exempt.

2 - Complete an approved IR(A) modular flying training course (IAW Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.205) and pass the IR(A) Skill Test (IAW Appendices 1 and 2 to JAR-FCL 1.210) with a CAA Flight Examiner. ...the holder of an ICAO CPL(A) may have the appropriate course of training reduced by 5 hours."

Also note, you need a JAA-FCL Class 1 medical.

You may get exemptions but check with the CAA (ph +44 1293 567 171). They told me I can get a waiver on my IR, MCC and type rating.

Hope it helps,

Trashy.

redsnail
31st Jan 2002, 16:16
3 greens.. .Unless you have an ATPL with 500 hours 2 crew time then all you will get is a 5 hour reduction. ie you must do 50 hours.

EGCC4284
31st Jan 2002, 19:40
<a href="http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=010130" target="_blank">http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=010130</a>

Andrewgresswell
1st Feb 2002, 05:46
Thanks for the advice guys...

It looks as if Bristol is the place to be.

Shame about the instrument rating not being much use, looks as if I'll be back in England sooner than I thought.

All the best.