PDA

View Full Version : Hi i have 3 laptops in the house 2 are working well with wireless the other laptop wo

jimjo16
8th Sep 2013, 16:47
it says access denied this laptop connected fine up until a couple a months ago laptop has windows vista avg anti virus ive also tried to connect via ethernet cable still cant connect.anyone please help

Saab Dastard
8th Sep 2013, 19:33
Have you got MAC address filtering enabled? Have you got the password for your wifi network correct? Have you got access controls set per IP address in the wifi access point / router?

SD

Ancient Observer
9th Sep 2013, 12:17
As a relative ignoramus amongst these funny-brained IT folk, when I had this problem with a lappie, I was told

1. Fix this with an ethernet cable first. Apparently it is much easier.

2. Try to connect, and then google (using a connected pc) exactly what it says when you can't connect. There will probably be a solution on the front page. Assuming you are running MS stuff, MS have a bookload of stuff. That fixed it for me. Do not, however, download anything unless you are sure it is legit!!

fastaviation
18th Sep 2013, 05:01
Are you using router for the wifi? Did you check wireless settings of your laptop? Did you scanned it for virus?

-Omar-
20th Sep 2013, 19:00
what operating system are you using ? I would suggest deleting the saved wireless setting "you can do this from manage wireless connections in network and sharing center" then try and re-connect