PDA

View Full Version : Facebook settings

mrsurrey
7th Sep 2013, 18:04
Hello,

Please could you tell me how to stop selected facebook friends from being able to seeing my profile contents, my messages and stop their message appearing in my new feed?

Just trying to clean things up my account without offending people....

Thanks,

MrS

mixture
7th Sep 2013, 18:58
Don't know, as far as I'm concerned, the best Facebook setting is "OFF" (i.e. not having an account in the first place). :cool:

ExSp33db1rd
7th Sep 2013, 20:53
Certainly never darkens my doorstep.

Surely the best line of defence is not to post personal details on the Internet in the first place, not infallible unfortunately, but at least make the barstewards work for it, if you've put the stuff out there it's free for all.

I'd like to wave a magic wand and go back to pre-Internet, next time around I'd be a lot more circumspect ( and invent a password system for myself that I could remember ! )

Tarq57
7th Sep 2013, 21:23
Near the top right of your timeline, is a small down-arrow. Click it, select "settings". One of the settings available is "privacy settings." Set it so that everything you want to be private is set to "only me" (or specified people.)

Have a look at Facecrooks.com | How to Avoid a Facebook Scam | All about Facebook Scams (http://www.facecrooks.com) . Lots of info, tips and tricks, warnings of scams. You could consider that site a privacy advocate.

I find that having everything set to "friends only" a pretty good compromise. And just refrain from posting anything at all that could later come back and bite you in the arse.