PDA

View Full Version : Individual Learning Accounts

DusterChief
25th Feb 2001, 15:04
I recall a thread here about Individual Learning Accounts - basically government gives you £150 towards training. It excluded flying but I think someone here had some luck in using it towards ground training. ie Weekend IMC theory course

I now have an account but cannot find a training organization that has heard of the scheme so it may all be pointless unless I want to go on a Word for Windows course.

Can anyone help?

[This message has been edited by DusterChief (edited 25 February 2001).]

Tosh McCaber
25th Feb 2001, 19:32
Try typing individual+learning+accounts in the "search" area of this site. That will bring up the the various previous discussions relating not only to this subject, but the late-lamented NVQs, and the iniquitous non-existance of VAT relief for formal ATPL training.

[This message has been edited by Tosh McCaber (edited 25 February 2001).]

HomerSimpson
26th Feb 2001, 01:27
Duster,

You will probably find that most schools that know about it are not interested as they have to complete lots of paperwork, and their student gets £150 which as we know, is nothing in Aviation.
However, most schools should be bothered if you drop the hint about what is involved, and they will pull their fingers out and sort the paperwork for some form of lectures. Give them the national Individual Learning Account helpline number and let them take it from there. Most probably dont know that its available-they lost interest after the NVQ scheme vanished.
Regards,
Homer ;)

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

DusterChief
26th Feb 2001, 19:29
Yeah I had done that Tosh. Still no evidence of any school that takes the ILA credit, hence the new thread.