PDA

View Full Version : BA A380 Premium Economy

Leftofcentre2009
7th Sep 2013, 14:04
Ive just booked a return flight to HK next spring on BA's new A380 in the World Traveller Plus cabin.

This will be our first experience of this. We do all our flying mainly in World Traveller or Economy.

Ive had a look on seatguru and it appears that the seats in this class are upstairs and somewhat bigger than the economy section. Do i gather then that the seats are the same as the newly installed WTP on the new BA777s?

Ive had the pleasure of travelling on the Emirates A380 in Economy. The upstairs cabin is solely for premium cabin passengers. Does anybody know if passengers will be allowed to move between the two floors in economy whilst in flight on the BA A380?

What can i expect from this class of flying? Much difference? Yes i have read and re-read the glammed-up description on the BA website, but your own experiences are welcome.

Incidently the flights were booked as part of the BA sale. Very reasonable too and about £1k cheaper than in the Virgin Premium Economy cabin. :ok:

PAXboy
7th Sep 2013, 18:33
This question was asked a short while ago: http://www.pprune.org/passengers-slf-self-loading-freight/521988-ba-world-traveller-cabin-service.html

There might be a member of staff along who can comment. At this stage, the press releases are the only news.

Tray Surfer
7th Sep 2013, 19:33
Hello Leftofcentre2009...

You are correct that the seats are the same as the ones as embodied on the 777-300 and re-fitted 777-200 aircraft, as well as the 787-8 also.

I am afraid I can not answer your question about moving between decks as I am 787 licensed and did not get the opportunity to train on the A380. If I get a some time, i will see if I can find out.

In terms of service, there are a few differences between the WT and WT+ cabins, which are that you are still served a snack with the bar service. Wine is served in glass glasses. Your main hot meal consists of a choice from the Club World menu, of which there will be a choice of two. They are loaded as a separate catering figure from the Club World loading and usually, if one choice has ran out, although the same choice may be available in Club World, it usually won't be swapped around due to allowing choice for Club World, just to be aware. Cutlery is metal on the tray, with linen napkin. You will be served warm bread from a basket with the main meal service. Pre-departure you will also be offered water or orange juice as well as a newspaper which is either The Daily Mail or "i". After take off, you will be offered a hot towel and a menu.
You get noise cancelling headphones and the A380 is also embodied with the newest version of the Thales HD IFE system and in WT+ you have a larger screen than in WT. There are also USB charging points as well as UK and US standard power outlets per seat.

There are a few other changes in the pipeline, which I won't post in case they are not actioned.

Any more specific questions, feel free to ask or PM. And, I will see what I can find out about the movement between decks.

:)

EDIT:

I have just managed to locate the online version of the manual for the A380, and yes, during cruise, you will be able to use the rear stairs only. The front stairs lead between Club World and First, so you won't be able to go through those cabins to get to them, but free use of the rear stairs is OK.

Ancient Observer
8th Sep 2013, 13:08
Thank you for an intelligent and useful reply.

I must get out from JB more often.

Leftofcentre2009
8th Sep 2013, 13:18
A very useful reply. Thank you so much :ok:

Tray Surfer
8th Sep 2013, 15:15
No problem.

I love Hong Kong too... One of my most favourite cities in the world. Good for you that the A380 is going there... Bad news for me :(

Leftofcentre2009
9th Sep 2013, 17:54
This will be our first visit to HK. Furthest east we have been is Dubai and Maldives for our Honeymoon :)

Tray Surfer
10th Sep 2013, 02:26
Absolutely wonderful city... A little humid for my liking during the most humid season, but outside that, I can cope. If you want any advice, feel free to PM me.

Impress to inflate
10th Sep 2013, 12:18
Sh&t. I did a trip from Brisbane to Norway a few months ago. Qanats to Singapore and BA to LHR in Premium Econ. Qantas prem econ was excellent, great food and entertainment but BA was awful. Cramp seat, poor entertainment and sh^t service. Flew back normal econ and had a better flight. I'm in no hurry to fly BA again. Bumped up to business from Sing to Bris with Qantas so a nice end to the trip.

Leftofcentre2009
10th Sep 2013, 15:16
And was that BA prem economy flight you quote on the new 777 product or was it the old 744s?

PAXboy
10th Sep 2013, 16:17
Impress to inflate Are you mainly referring to the physical aspects of WT+ or the cabin service you received from the staff?