PDA

View Full Version : flight instructors

captainmacuk
5th May 2002, 14:21
hi there,

just wondering what a restricted fI is likely to earn, either per hour or annual wage, i have heard they aren't that great but I suppose they must get better as you add more ratings to your licence, ie commercial instructor

thanks

captainmacuk
8th May 2002, 15:18
can anyone answer, please,

i need to know as i might consider as a career if I could?

The Yank
8th May 2002, 16:12
it realy depends!! A club will be £10-15 / hr for PPL and 20-40 for CPL the more ratings you have the more you can make

:)

Bluebaron
15th May 2002, 09:22
Check out the Flight instructor forum.

BB

mutt
20th May 2002, 03:48
A friend of mine has just terminated his Flight Instructors contract with a Middle Eastern airline, given that he was employed for 9 months, paid a decent salary per month and an end of contract bonus his hourly salary worked out at UK1,700.00 per flight hour.

That doesnt include free accomodatation and first class travel....... :)

Almost forgot to mention, he was flying a Beech Bonanza....

Mutt

Tee
21st May 2002, 18:54
Four examples I know of in the UK, all are unrestricted, but I don't think that their pay increased when they became unrestricted:-

£13,000 per annum
£14,000 per annum
£10 per hour plus £10 per day
£12 per hour

AZCFII
23rd May 2002, 16:05
Mutt which middle eastern airline was your friend instructing for. I have been in repeated contact with the Emirates Flight School and they seem interested in employing me. I am an FAA licensed CFI/II/MEI, but they are not going to bring me out until late July. Interested in your friends experiences, and if it is the same place. I thought they flew Pipers though?

Any help?

AZCFII

Meeb
23rd May 2002, 16:07
AZCFI, if mutt is refering to the Qatar flying college then you need extensive UK 509 type instructor experience although they might take experienced yank instructors too. Didn't know Emirates had their own school, they are sending students to Michigan for a JAR licence.