PDA

View Full Version : Back to the toilet

ChrisVJ
6th Sep 2013, 08:00
Seems to me threads on Jet Blast are becoming altogether too serious. I was wondering the other day while SWMBO was away,

When you are at home by yourself do you close the bathroom door while using the toilet?

I used to religiously, (Close the door, not use the toilet religiously,) maybe I was worried that some one would come to the house and walk in (the kids, the UPS guy, the electrical inspector, etc,) the cat would come and rub against my legs and thus get pee'd on, or the phone would ring, (I have no idea why that should worry me.)

However the other day I turned round and found I had left the door open. Senior moment? Dementia or I no longer cared?

I don't know, what about you?

TWT
6th Sep 2013, 08:16
I live alone,so always open for me !

UniFoxOs
6th Sep 2013, 08:45
I leave it open even when SWMBO is not away.

Ozzy
6th Sep 2013, 09:05
You have door?

Ozzy

SOPS
6th Sep 2013, 09:18
A door, I'm impressed he has a toilet:ok:

Capetonian
6th Sep 2013, 09:18
Open, at least when I'm alone. SWMBO has this obsession and locks the door even when she has a pee, something I don't understand, but I grew up in a very different environment to her.

doubleu-anker
6th Sep 2013, 09:23
Could have been worse.

Could have mistaken something else, for the toilet.:}

VP959
6th Sep 2013, 10:24
Could have been worse.

Could have mistaken something else, for the toilet.

Many years ago, when living with wife number one in a bedsit flat, I was woken in the middle of the night by the gentle sound of tinkling water. I turned on the bedside light to find her fast asleep, but having a pee over one of my hifi speakers in the corner of the room...................

Arm out the window
6th Sep 2013, 10:43
Was 'Orinoco Flow' the song playing at the time, or perhaps 'Mississippi'?

TWT
6th Sep 2013, 10:45
Nah,more likely to be 'Yellow River'

zGoHQ7c5I2I

Loose rivets
6th Sep 2013, 11:25
I turned on the bedside light to find her fast asleep, but having a pee over one of my hifi speakers in the corner of the room...................

Could you amplify that a little? :p

Lon More
6th Sep 2013, 11:48
Who has doors? Much faster in and out without them.
I fancy one like this above the front door; bit difficult o get planning permission though

http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/gongoutlet.jpg

rans6andrew
6th Sep 2013, 11:54
depends if it is a number 1 or number 2, we are both pretty relaxed about such things.

Rans6.....

MagnusP
6th Sep 2013, 12:13
Jeez, thanks for sharing, CJ. :p

probes
6th Sep 2013, 12:17
Now I wonder. Why are houses classified according to the number of bedrooms, then? :8

500N
6th Sep 2013, 13:47
Door ?

I have to worry about the tree branches !

rgbrock1
6th Sep 2013, 13:57
500N, you savage!

Me, I always close the door to the bathroom regardless of why I'm in there. Why? Because I'm scared. Of him.

http://www.lolwtfcomics.com/upload/uploads/1321666500.jpg

er340790
6th Sep 2013, 15:09
Splendid timing!!!

Was feasting last night on a bucket of blueberries my wife picked in the forest behind us. Mad sprint to the smallest room this morning when they collectively decided to make a break for it... in my haste the door had to stay open!

HOWEVER, when I came to Canada, one of the small 'amuse & delight' features on the house was a button in the bathroom to activate the HVAC air changer. They are designed to expel steamy air from the shower etc but also blow my malodorous pongs out of the house almost before they have chance to get airborne.

And the HVAC works best (faster) if the door is closed.

Now you know.

My fee!

rgbrock1
6th Sep 2013, 15:11
er34 wrote:

but also blow my malodorous pongs out of the house almost before they have chance to get airborne.

I would hate to be standing next to whatever device vents that air to the outside of your house.

Sunnyjohn
6th Sep 2013, 21:42
I leave the door open. I don't have a SWMBO - I have a wife. She doesn't have a HWMBO - she has a husband.

Loose rivets
6th Sep 2013, 22:08
No kinky sex then?

Lon More
7th Sep 2013, 04:46
Photo taken at CactusJack's

http://www.brainstorming.ba/assets/images/week/White-King-Power-Clean-HazChem.jpg

Solid Rust Twotter
7th Sep 2013, 06:47
I like rain and thunderstorms, being quite happy to wander around outdoors while it's bucketing down. That said, the most memorable times driving the dump machine were in the Dunadry Arms Hotel, in a loft room with a skylight in the bathroom. Seated on the throne laying a Guinness log with the skylight open and soft Irish rain falling on one was a sublime experience.

Never really got the Irish habit of bundling up until only eyebrows were visible when it got a little cool. Strolling around Belfast in shorts and sandals in December got those eyebrows wobbling about all over the shop...:}

Lon More
7th Sep 2013, 08:02
Bit of thread drift.

Anyone else suffering due to taking codeine? If so, what are you taking to relieve the strain?
Just read, on another forum of someone who was so bad he was vomiting faecal matter.

bosnich71
7th Sep 2013, 08:11
"A TOILET" ! ..... Luxury !

Capetonian
7th Sep 2013, 08:46
Perhaps my most memorable dump was at River Club overlooking the Zambezi. The throne, and outsize bath, were outside on a covered verandah but not overlooked, allowing me to observe the antics of the hippos below whilst enthroned and emptying the tanks. Later, I feel asleep in the bath. Wonderful.

Tankertrashnav
7th Sep 2013, 10:39
Moving away from the house, I dislike using public urinals to have a pee and will always head for one of the cubicles, assuming there is one vacant. If there is no option I'll use the urinal in the corner and turn away from the others. The worst thing is when someone comes in and tries to engage you in conversation in mid-pee. Even an innocent comment on the weather will be met by a grunt at best - I just don't see the loo as a place for social intercourse.

I did say social intercourse!

VP959
7th Sep 2013, 10:53
Moving away from the house, I dislike using public urinals to have a pee and will always head for one of the cubicles, assuming there is one vacant. If there is no option I'll use the urinal in the corner and turn away from the others. The worst thing is when someone comes in and tries to engage you in conversation in mid-pee. Even an innocent comment on the weather will be met by a grunt at best - I just don't see the loo as a place for social intercourse.

I did say social intercourse!

You need to follow these rules:

http://gamescene.com/Embed_The_Urinal_Game.js