PDA

View Full Version : Duty Time regs for Corporate Cabin attendants

Gulfie
4th Sep 2013, 21:17
Commercially operated Corporate Business Jets with less than 19 Pax seats require no Flight attendans. Therefore, operators employ cabin attendands, which officially, are not crewmembers to take care of the passengers. While EU OPS regulations (Flight duty times) restrict the duty time of the cockpit crew, it seems that there are no rules for the cabin attendants. It seems they are unprotected from the law regarding their duty times. Can anybody shed sone light on this issue?

Tray Surfer
5th Sep 2013, 15:42
I don't know what more can be said really.

Corporate/Private FA's are not employed in a safety related role, and, as such are not required to have limits in the same way as the flight crew. They are there for service and cabin comfort only, so the requirement to be rested and their time limited in the same way commercial crew are simply does not exist.

If there is something specific you are not sure about, maybe re-word or ask specific questions about it, but you seem to have sort of already answered what you are asking.

crewmeal
6th Sep 2013, 05:49
I remember operating KHI - ATH - STN - ATL years ago on a 727 working for a bank carrying a ex US President. The work wasn't exactly hard just hanging around in the comfortable crew seats provided for this aircraft. By the time I got to ATL after around 21 hours I was like a zombie! But renumeration was excellent and outweighed any tiredness.

TightSlot
6th Sep 2013, 08:14
There's no light to be shed... None. That's how it is - since there is no safety mandate for their presence on board they are, in effect, passengers. End of story.

Gulfstreamaviator
6th Sep 2013, 17:16
Was how a MAJOR corporate operator called the cabin crew.

It sums up the status totally.

glf

lacrosse
10th Sep 2013, 04:14
You would have to consult your labour board for any rules pertaining to service industry employees. Either your point of hire or the company operating country or the registration of the aircraft country. It varies!