PDA

View Full Version : part 66 licence

heli mechanic
4th Sep 2013, 20:03
Hi all,

I want to get my part 66 licence but am unsure as to where to start studying. What subjects would be best to start with and what subjects should I study together? Any information you could give me would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks in advance
heli mech

NutLoose
4th Sep 2013, 22:57
Have a read through this then come back and ask more queries

Part-66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence | Engineers | Personal Licences and Training (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=177&pagetype=68&gid=196)

heli mechanic
5th Sep 2013, 15:08
Cheers for the link nutloose. Unfortunately I am hoping to complete my studies in Ireland so I am not sure how relevant this link is to me. Thanks for the info I will have a read and see if I can make sense of it.

Heli Mechanic

faz1989
5th Sep 2013, 17:56
Pick the subject that the feel most comfortable with and find the easiest. If you’re a newbie to aircraft maintenance try something you were taught at school such as Maths, Physics, Electronics or Basic Aerodynamics first.

heli mechanic
5th Sep 2013, 18:14
cheers faz,

I didn't like maths or physics in school. But I will look up a few things. Also where did you do your licence training and do you know where I can get questions from.

IFHP
6th Sep 2013, 08:44
hi,
google provide this useful search engine thingy which in milliseconds provides a link to your NAA ( the IAA ) which has links to training in Ireland.

Joking aside, your questions should be about where you will get the best training for your money.
You will need experience, you need to find somewhere where you can get that as well.

heli mechanic
26th Mar 2014, 11:41
Cheers IFHP, didnt know that google provided that kind of a service. News to me.

I am currently working in the Industry. I was wondering if any of you could advise me on what subjects to study together to make grasping the modules easier i.e which modules relate best to eachother.

NutLoose
26th Mar 2014, 17:53
Welcome back,

You say you are in the industry, so I take it you are going for the licence relevant to what you already do. Modules to study vary from which licence you want to do, there are differences between avionic or airframe engines licences, so can you narrow it down a bit.

:)

heli mechanic
26th Mar 2014, 23:01
Hi nutloose

I am hoping to obtain a B1 license. Sry I meant to say that in my previous message. Once I have that for a while I will probably consider doing the extra modules left to obtain the B2 as well.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

emergency000
27th Mar 2014, 07:14
Does the IAA use the EASA Part 66 system of licensing? If so, download and read the EASA Part 66 Manual of Standards. It will include all the subjects you need to sit and competencies you need to complete to qualify for a Part 66 license. It even breaks it down into the various license categories and sub-categories.

Cheers,
John

heli mechanic
27th Mar 2014, 11:45
Hi John,

Thank you for that information. I will download and have a read of it.

Souls1135
24th Apr 2014, 00:05
Hey, I am currently doing my Part 66 B1 license with AST at Perth Airport Scotland. For me it is perfect as it's not too far from family and the course (which is a IR Approved EASA Part 66) is 2 years with 2 years experience before you can apply for your ticket or you can go on the modular course and do it bit by bit but I don't know the ins and outs of it. Very friendly lecturers most are ex forces so a good laugh and can always rely on a bit of banter. There's quite a few guys there who are ex helicopter I know 2 personally one is ex navy and the other is a ex army Remi. Hope this helps you.

heli mechanic
24th Apr 2014, 19:55
Hi Solus thanks for that.

Does anybody here know where I could get some useful documents and exam questions that could aid my studying? Any links either here or by private message would be appreciated.

Thanks
Heli Mechanic

Capot
24th Apr 2014, 21:19
If you do the Modules in the order they are laid out in Part 66 (Appendix I) you will find that what you learn in a Module is useful in a later Module. So there is a case to be made for doing them in that order.