PDA

View Full Version : Know of an FAA PPL examiner in uk???

el llanito
25th Feb 2001, 11:31
greetings all,

i'm trying to help a friend finish of his FAA ppl here in uk and need to put him in touch with a designated FAA examiner. would anyone out there know of any available examiners in uk and have any contact details for them??? many thanks in anticipation.

skywatcher
25th Feb 2001, 23:15
Apparently there isn't one. I know that it is possible for one to come from Germany (I think)but it is very expensive. I have looked into this myself. The advice is to go to the States. There are organizations that can do all the training here but the testing is done in the States.

To be certain give Julia a ring at American Aviation Services (Gloucester Airport)a ring (01452)857757 or goto the web site www.faa.co.uk (http://www.faa.co.uk) and contact them through there. They will be very helpful but I don't think they will recommend. Thats up to you. Hope this helps.

GPS Approach
26th Feb 2001, 01:47
I was talking to a friend of mine today and he was saying that he heard there was an FAA examiner in the North East. He is going to E-Mail me the details, when I get them I will post again.

Regards

GPS Approach

------------------
Aargh, that was the taxiway we landed on!

el llanito
27th Feb 2001, 23:41
many thanks guys!! GPS, appreciate the info when u have it mate, cheers.