PDA

View Full Version : KTEB

FerrypilotDK
4th Sep 2013, 10:57
Heading off to KTEB for the first time since 2008. Which FBO has been good for service lately or are they all about the same?

WTON
4th Sep 2013, 11:17
I remember we were happy with Signature...

Have a fun.

stevegg5
4th Sep 2013, 12:14
Customs building has moved to the the approach end of 19, or Jet Av have there own customs so it may save some time to arrange it there.
Landmark have a big ramp but have gone down hill since they bought out First Av.
I'm based on Long Island and in and out of KTEB all the time so if you need more info let me know.

Opsbeatch
4th Sep 2013, 12:38
Tend to use Jet and Atlantic, no hassles with them. Only issue we had was after the storm but that was understandable!

OB

noneya
4th Sep 2013, 13:55
We use Jet Aviation... They have customs on the ramp next to the FBO.. Easy in and out!

J

FerrypilotDK
4th Sep 2013, 18:58
This is where Pprune shines, getting "local" or up-to-date info. Flight is 23rd, so still gathering some info and just to learn that customs has moved was a surprise!

Thanks all!

No one mentioned Meridian.....(?)

noneya
4th Sep 2013, 20:02
Meridian is great also.. The only reason we don't use them is, customs is to easy at Jet... Your passengers get off the plane in front of customs, clear, and then walk through the FBO and on their way to the city!!

Just remember thanks to e-filing of APIS you no longer need to fill out I-94 forms (the long white form for non-residents) All you need now is the Blue welcome cards for everyone.

J

Globally Challenged
4th Sep 2013, 20:05
But for christ sake - do NOT open the door until customs rock up, the supervisor at the Jet ramp customs is a proper hard-arse

FerrypilotDK
4th Sep 2013, 23:23
Luckily I was alone on these two flights, but.....

It is amazing how customs expect you to read minds, isnīt it? I landed up in Canada and the customs office was pitch black, no one was about and I walked to the FBO and he called customs for me.

That guy gave me a bucket-load of crap for getting out of the airplane.

So 3 weeks later, I landed at St Thomas. Sat in the airplane and watched three customs agents in the building, standing at the door and watching my airplane for 35 minutes!!!!! Finally, I got out, went over to the building and THEY chewed me out for not coming into the building! With drawn guns and flashlights, they came out to the aircraft, all three....spent 10 minutes shining lights from the outside to the interior, trying to figure out, why I hadnīt come in. Then the one says "How does this door open?" I started to walk over to his side and was told to stop right there! Just tell me how to open it...... good grief......

I told them why I had stayed inside and then they relaxed and made a joke about it later. But how is one supposed to know their local wants and desires?

....all part of the daily challenge! I will certainly remember in KTEB now! Thanks!

Tinstaafl
5th Sep 2013, 04:15
The US CBP has a single system of expectations...

...one single system at one airport, another single system at another airport, yet another single system at a different airport...

I find the best way at an unkown CBP port is to ask what their preferences are when I make the mandatory minimum 60 minute phone call notification.

Crabbing
5th Sep 2013, 10:30
I use Jet, customs office is right there, my pax love it, service is good.
Avcard and UV Card are accepted as form of payment.
Do yourself a favour - fax customs a copy of your APIS manifest (or Gendec if you are commercial), then give them a call to make sure they have your details (tel. 0012012888799/0012013936936 fax. 0012012884699).
Customs come in at 06:00L and work till midnight LT, if you really need to arrive out of hours give them a call a couple of days before and they will try and accommodate you.

Cars - get jet to book "A Pegasus" Limo company for the pax and "Night and Day" Company for the crew.

Pratt X 3
5th Sep 2013, 14:34
Since nobody has mentioned it yet, the reason most people are recommending Jet Aviation to clear customs is this: at the new facility, you will need to start the engine(s) and reposition the aircraft to the FBO as there is no fuelling, towing or groundside access for passengers and crew. So Jet is ideal if you want all your requirements in one stop (plus they don't charge a daily/nightly parking fee; just a facility fee that can be waived with a minimum fuel purchase).

deefer dog
6th Sep 2013, 06:54
For FBO I've used Atlantic a few times recently and have no complaints to offer.

Regarding customs, watch out because they WANT to trap you at any opportunitty. It used to be the case that MIA customs were the worst, but now it appears that TEB have taken top stop for being the most rude, inconsiderate and anal.

Be especially careful with disposal of fruit and meat. They will search you once, and then again just as you taxi away to park up at your FBO.

Getting out of TEB IFR can sometimes lead to delays due to conflicting traffic into Newark. I waited an hour at the hold a month ago. Have been told that White Plains is a good alternative, but haven't tried there myself. Might do next week, and will update you.

Globally Challenged
6th Sep 2013, 18:11
Whiteplains is indeed much better as far as customs is concerned.

AviatorTB
8th Sep 2013, 15:33
Seconded regarding KHPN. Too bad it lacks the locational convenience of KTEB. Nevertheless, the completely hassle-free experience I had at HPN was remarkable. It was almost as easy as dealing with the Canadians at CYTZ.

bzwebner
9th Sep 2013, 02:13
Unless KETB is your destination, STAY AWAY.

Too busy, too crowded and you have FBOs who LOVE to rip you off.

I ferried a Pilatus last year and TEB was the destination. We landed and taxiied straight to the CBP ramp. We cleared customs and then Atlantic Aviation tried to hit us with a "Ramp fee" of a few hundred because their line guy "marshalled" us in to the CBP ramp. Pure crap. I spoke with the FBO manager and informed him that I have no intention to pay for his un solicited services. (and I didnt!)

stevegg5
9th Sep 2013, 16:51
If you want an easy in and out airport go to Hawthorne at KISP on long island and that way you don't get caught up in the NY area air traffic and held down for 20 minutes.

mutt
9th Sep 2013, 18:50
KISP is 7000 feet long, looks interesting.... But why is no one talking about KEWR?

Mutt