PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Airlines salary

Pushbutton
4th Sep 2013, 06:53
Hi everybody,

I've got a question to the FOs at Turkish Airlines: I've read in another thread - but ONLY there and nowhere else on the web or here on pprune - that THY pilots got a 5% raise in June and another 3% raise in July. Can anyone actually working for THY confirm that?

I'm presently living & working in the €uro-Zone having passed the THY assessment and since the EUR/TRY conversion rate is in a free fall and because (€-)money is important to me (like it is important to any airline pilot, right?! xD Little work for the highest possible amount of cash is great, guys, right? Hehe. But besides, I gotta pay many bills in EUR because my wife stays in EU-Zone...) I'd like to know what to expect. My latest official infos are from May and equal the ones on ppjn.com.

Thanks for the help in advance!

twentyyearstoolate
6th Sep 2013, 09:03
You can expect to be earning less every month. The Turkish Lira is doomed. People keep saying it goes up and down, but it goes down down up down down down!!

If you pay your Bills in Euros, you will suffer. THY give what you would think of as a reasonable rise in salary, but with the loss in exchange rates you don't even keep your original purchasing power. Be careful.