PDA

View Full Version : "Professional CV" services

FerrypilotDK
2nd Sep 2013, 15:58
Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? I was recently contacted for an analysis of my CV and an offer to rewrite it.

It was rather expensive and I am just wondering if anyone has tried it, was it beneficial?

Curious......

Mach E Avelli
3rd Sep 2013, 08:46
It seems that oxygen thieves are everywhere. Now they are preying on pilots too illiterate to produce a simple cv.

Mach E Avelli
3rd Sep 2013, 09:31
Harry, fair comment if English is not the applicant's first language. But when someone is challenged writing their native language, it suggests at least mild illiteracy, if there is such a state.
15 quid for a mass produced format that you can edit to personalise could be money well spent for someone who struggles as a wordsmith. But the OP is obviously quite literate, and said that it was 'expensive'. For such a person it seems like a waste of money to me.

FerrypilotDK
4th Sep 2013, 10:38
I am literate and thought my CV was just fine. Then I was told that it was "old-fashioned" in the same week that this offer came through for a "free Cv review."

I took them up on the offer, but of course, it was a sales gimmick and they wanted 599 quid for a "full-service professional review."

The answer was not interested, but then I was wondering about the concept of having a professionally re-engineered CV and wondered if anyone had actually done it.

My issue, if I have one, is that I seemingly have too much information on the CV and it isnīt "standing out" from the crowd. (his words on the "free" portion of the evaluation)

There is no way I am paying anyone that sort of money to write my CV, but I am going to look at some on line resources for perhaps making it more modern. I mean, I remember when some employers required a hand-written, rather than typed CV!

no sponsor
4th Sep 2013, 12:20
Many senior executives, or those with very highly paid jobs in senior positions, might look for paying those sorts of fees for a CV. Some of these CVs will run for 3-10 pages for seasoned executives. For a pilot, it is a waste of money. Make it one page, with your flying experience (hours) near the top in bold. Put your jobs, and then your education below that. Job done.

SpamCanDriver
4th Sep 2013, 12:38
Ģ599 holy cr@p :ooh:

Jet Fuel Addict
4th Sep 2013, 14:24
Get your friends who work normal office jobs to have a look at it. Also let your colleagues have a look at it.

Incredible how much others see that you don't...

And work on your layout. Can-not-stress-this-enough!

Good luck! :ok: