PDA

View Full Version : Lion air again gonna have man power problem????

Hakeem
2nd Sep 2013, 10:52
Hello all,

Just a bit of info,

I heard lion air gonna have lack of man power for their flight deck soon,

Around 50 capts and 40 FOs left just last month it seems.

Heard a lot more waiting to leave.

Most of them are jump ship.

Yes these are the news which I heard so may be I'm wrong. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

So,

If they want pilots where can they go???? With this 250 hr rule they can't recruit anymore expats I guess. So what's the plan????

Anyone can possibly explain the scenario?????

Thanks.

Happy landings.

Metro man
2nd Sep 2013, 12:14
The problem can be solved with the application of money, they need to look at the packages on offer for pilots in China and the Middle East, and match them.

They are competing for flight crew on the international market and must therefore expect to pay the going rate.

Management will understand once the flight cancellations start.;)

Hakeem
2nd Sep 2013, 12:55
According to what I heard the flight cancellation already started. On average they are cancelling 3 flights a day.

jetjockey696
2nd Sep 2013, 13:13
They will never recruit decent FO/Capt. the package is non existent.. what is left is just salary.. FORGET ID travel, housing (FO..no housing), medical (is lowest level of medical care) etc....DONT BE FOOL WITH COMPANY HOUSING... in a complex...

If you are a FO, desperate to your bills with your salary... forget it.. by time you change your Indonesia Rupiah to USD or Euro.. you end up with pocket change.. FO current salary between 3100-4100USD nett. and captain is 9000USD nett for 90hrs..with housing.

training wheels
4th Sep 2013, 23:51
So,

If they want pilots where can they go???? With this 250 hr rule they can't recruit anymore expats I guess. So what's the plan????

Anyone can possibly explain the scenario?????

Yes sure. They have their own flying school, Wings Flying School churning out local FO's most of whom are on cadetships with Lion Air. Those who miss out on scholarships for ab-initio stage finance their own PPL and CPL ground school and with this, apply again for CPL cadetships where their whole training is paid for. They have plans for 3 bases and 100 over C172s for their flying school and most of their instructors, like other airline owned flight schools in Indonesia, are current line pilots with the airline. Problem solved.

pilotchute
5th Sep 2013, 02:25
Problem is they now have nearly 20 flying schools operating in the country and they still seem to be unable to meet demand.

The 3 bases with 100 C172's sounds great but as usual everything here takes years to get done so they might have one base open in 2 years time with 2 airplanes if they are lucky.

training wheels
5th Sep 2013, 10:33
Wings Flying School already have a base in Cirebon with 20 C172s and have already produced a significant number pilots from the school. This year they expect to produce 70 graduate pilots and next year, their target is 150 graduate pilots. Source from the Wall Street Journal (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324823804579016150022966992.html).

Sue Ridgepipe
5th Sep 2013, 14:45
With this 250 hr rule they can't recruit anymore expats I guess.
I guess what you really mean is they can't recruit anymore expats with zero hours that will pay for a job. I'm sure they would have no problem recruiting experienced expats if they offered a competitive salary package.

kwaiyai
5th Sep 2013, 15:16
Agreed Sue R the FTO's in Indo will produce FO's but they need Capt's too which JJ hit the nail on the head about. They want Capts for Lion Thai too but there isnt anyone enough to fill the shoes on there deal.
Improvement on T and C yes but doubt it, Bury head in the sand most probably.
Hey I would go back to Boeing tomm but not on there :yuk: terms.