PDA

View Full Version : 120 Squadron Crew 3

Creeping Line Ahead
1st Sep 2013, 20:20
7 years today (2 Sep) since we lost 14 great guys over Afghanistan. Also thinking of Crew 9, lost in Toronto in 95.

To absent friends.

The English Passenger
1st Sep 2013, 21:25
Always in my thoughts... Never forgotten.

Top Bunk Tester
1st Sep 2013, 21:55
Never forgotten, even though I was Hercs, I went through Finningley with Gary Moxham. Absent Friends

ExAscoteer
1st Sep 2013, 22:24
Steve Johnson the Nav was a very good friend of mine. We instructed together on the Dominie.

RIP guys.

fergineer
2nd Sep 2013, 06:34
Still thinking of them

Terry K Rumble
2nd Sep 2013, 07:24
Indeed, a sad day for us all and it's hard to believe that another year has passed. RIP in guys, you are always in our thoughts.

stickmonkeytamer
2nd Sep 2013, 08:47
XV230 out over the North Sea in 2003.

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo116/sband/xv230wing_zpscc549c15.jpg (http://s367.photobucket.com/user/sband/media/xv230wing_zpscc549c15.jpg.html)

I had just pranged my car on the way to lunch with the wife. In her job at the time she was getting the official phonecall about it just happening and was writing the names and info down as I came in. Gutted to see the names of people I knew being written down!

Miss you Leigh - you were right, my golf swing has never gotten any better!

SMT

Offshore Addict
2nd Sep 2013, 09:17
Never forgotten.

I recognise a lot of the faces from my two stints at Kinloss. I worked alongside Bernie Worthington when he was WEWO at Wildenrath though, a truly nice bloke who made me welcome on arrival from Kinloss. I was honoured to be a member of the guard at his funeral.

30mRad
2nd Sep 2013, 09:22
The day still haunts me. RIP Crew 3. Never forgotten.

pipistrelle
2nd Sep 2013, 11:54
Indeed a sad anniversary, CXX/3 was my 1st crew on arriving at ISK many moons ago, met and befriended a stack of really great guys who in the maritime tradition left and returned. Never dreamt some wouldn't return, always in my mind, R.I.P. guys

54Phan
2nd Sep 2013, 18:23
I remember being on a street in Toronto and seeing an RAF Hercules climbing to the East, taking Crew 9 home. The Hercules involved, by tragic coincidence, was XV179, ISTR. Two very sad losses, RIP gentlemen.

smujsmith
2nd Sep 2013, 19:40
Respect and a beer raised from a former comrade.

Though soil may bitter grow from all
That youthful flesh and blood,
I doubt not that our love
Shall bring a harvest to the world
That will efface the ruins of war,
With grain and joy in such abundance
That men shall once again be free.

ALEXANDER KARANIKAS

Your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

PingDit
2nd Sep 2013, 20:43
Crewed up with Bernie for a couple of years on 42. Memories of them all, RIP.

Offshore Addict
3rd Sep 2013, 08:34
I went to the memorial yesterday and it is in need of some TLC, the plaque is a bit worse for wear and the lettering of the names is chipped and not in a good state. The paving around it is in need of a good weeding too. I noticed that the Nimrod in the cradle that was placed in the flowerbed near the primary school has gone as well.

Does anyone know who is responsible for the upkeep of the actual memorial ??, I am going to contact Moray Council about the state of the surrounding paving to see what can be done.

And to whoever left the Nimrod photograph .. :ok:

Tashengurt
3rd Sep 2013, 08:51
Flt Lt Worthington was our Sqn intel officer during GW1. He was a thoroughly pleasant officer who always had time to chat with us squippers. He took time to come in and allay the fears of one of our less rational colleagues who was convinced we were doomed. A gentleman.

Nimman
3rd Sep 2013, 21:11
OFFSHORE - Don't worry about the Nimrod that has been removed from the stand at The War Veterans Cottages, it has been removed for a repaint as it was getting quite tatty. RAFA was approached to see what could be done and with the help of Morayvia it was removed and is now currently getting repaired and repainted.

Shack37
3rd Sep 2013, 21:33
Age Shall Not Weary Them

RIP

Shack37

Duncan D'Sorderlee
3rd Sep 2013, 22:17
RIP mates.

Duncs:ok:

Avtur
4th Sep 2013, 01:00
Gareth, Ade, and Dom, I miss you all. My thoughts and best wishes are with your families at this time.

N

Creeping Line Ahead
2nd Sep 2014, 10:34
RiP chaps.

GalleyTeapot
2nd Sep 2014, 12:27
Another year gone. RIP.

You will be pleased to know that the memorial in Forres, as mentioned in the post above, has recently been cleaned and refurbished due to the excellent work of a few ex 120 Sqn guys who are still in the area and the generosity of the ex Nimrod cadre. The upkeep is not done by the council apparently so a fund has been set up to ensure the memorial is kept in good order.