PDA

View Full Version : LHR T5 Gordon Ramsey sandwich box

Heathrow Harry
1st Sep 2013, 17:36
Anyone tried these???

they sell you a cool bag with a sandwich, drink etc from tehir air side operetion in T5

Looks a lot more appetising than the standard BA fare these days - if pricey

mixture
1st Sep 2013, 17:59
I had an idea just the other day of setting up a business doing just that. :{

Hopefully they should do quite well if the food is decent. As you say, much more attractive alternative to in flight catering.

Leftofcentre2009
2nd Sep 2013, 10:41
Just a pity the contents tend to be posh :mad:. Why do they never put normal stuff in there?

mixture
2nd Sep 2013, 11:34
Just a pity the contents tend to be posh :mad:. Why do they never put normal stuff in there?

If you want :mad: full of additives etc., just eat what you're given on board.

Leftofcentre2009
2nd Sep 2013, 13:11
Because the GR Lunchbox is made up entirely of Organic non-preservative local produce :)

Heathrow Harry
2nd Sep 2013, 17:01
TBH I thought BA had hit bottom with their domestic inflight offerings of late - but recently I've been doing a lot of flying in the States and it's unbelievable-

Business class - New york - Atlanta - as much as you could drink but a choice of a Kit-Kat, a packet of pretzels or crisps

ExXB
2nd Sep 2013, 17:15
I've been disappointed with G. Ramsey's T5. Service is poor and food isn't that good (with little ordinary food), and the prices that are typical of airport restaurants.

However it has been a few years since we transmitted T5, so they could have improved.

crewmeal
2nd Sep 2013, 18:09
What exactly is in this box that requires one to part with such sums of hard earned cash?

Sure M&S reign supreme in the take away department with their excellent range of food and at reasonable prices.