PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Pilots! who wants a free bottle!

ozzypilot
1st Sep 2013, 08:55
Gday guys I need someone to help me out with a PCA chart.
I only need to borrow it to sit my atpl met exam in darwin on the 3rd sep then i will give it back the same morning so if your going to be around the airport on the night of the 2nd or in the morning before about 8am on the 3rd I can pick it up.
And what is this about a free bottle? I hear you ask
For your kindness I am willing to donate a bottle of the good stuff I will get on my way through duty free tomorrow. Just tell me what you want. if you can help me out send me a pm with your number.

Cheers

ozzypilot
1st Sep 2013, 22:47
Also willing to buy the chart off you if you have a spare one or even an out of date one.
Surely someone has one they can spare for a few hours:O

ozzypilot
2nd Sep 2013, 04:06
Guys the price just went up! $50 bucks to anyone who can bring me a PCA chart to the Best Western hotel 225 mcmillans drive darwin airport tonight or first thing in the morning before 8am. I will be there from about 7pm tonight. You can even have the chart back tomorrow after 11am!
send me a pm.

kellykelpie
3rd Sep 2013, 07:51
Can you use ozrunways? The app has a PCA chart...

Ixixly
3rd Sep 2013, 08:40
My suggestion is to pop into one of the Operators, maybe ChartAir or AirFrontier and just ask politely if someone has one you can borrow :)

grrowler
3rd Sep 2013, 09:02
What's that thing about the 6 P's again? :E

Hugh Jarse
3rd Sep 2013, 09:06
This thread must take the cake for the laziest wannabe in Australia.:ugh:

My suggestion is to take responsibility for your future. If you're too lazy or too tight to keep your publications up to date - especially leading up to an exam, you don't deserve any help mate. A couple of days out from a test and you're not prepared?

No wonder you've had few responses on here :ugh:

Remember the 6 P's? Piss poor preparation equals piss poor performance.
Or prior planning prevents piss-poor performance...

You beat me to it, grrowler :8 He'll be back soon whingeing about how bad he was done by in the test.

Flying Binghi
3rd Sep 2013, 09:06
What's that thing about the 6 P's again?

Being in the grog capital of the world he's probably to Pissed to remember..:p

What was it again... Piss Poor Planning Precedes Piss Poor Performance

...thats seven P's..;)

Ixixly
3rd Sep 2013, 09:20
Geeez guys, aren't you making a few assumptions here? Obviously Ozzypilot isn't too worried about the price, possibly he is coming from somewhere that he can't get access to supplies, pretty sure there aren't any places to buy stuff from in Darwin now that AV8 is gone. What if hes been out at a remote station or some such for a while?

You don't even know which exam he is doing or why he is doing it. I know of plenty of Pilots who have borrowed supplies before an exam for one reason or another, some were poor reasons others were perfectly good reasons, have done it myself before as well. I was working for a company who had all that sort of stuff in the office so some of my own publications were out of date so I borrowed a few when I needed them.

So why not give him benefit of the doubt and try to help out instead of being jerks?

Ixixly
3rd Sep 2013, 09:24
BTW, 6 P's as I was taught them were "Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance"

Flying Binghi
3rd Sep 2013, 09:29
BTW, 6 P's as I was taught them were "Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance"

Yeah, though in Darwin they allways try and get in extra Piss..:p

"Piss Poor Planning Precedes Piss Poor Performance"

Hugh Jarse
3rd Sep 2013, 09:36
Whatever happened to commonsense, ixixly? Pilots have been doing exams all over the country for decades, and have managed to keep their docs up to date in the lead up.

Even when the only source was the publication centre via snail mail, and not retailers. Or internet chat rooms :D

Sorry mate, but on face value this smacks of pure laziness and lack of commitment :)

Any prospective employer will pick that trait in less than 2 minutes.

VH-FTS
3rd Sep 2013, 09:43
Read the opening post? He/she is coming from overseas hence the duty free comment. Chances are a PCA couldn't be accessed O/S.

maverick22
3rd Sep 2013, 10:20
Sounds like a good deal to me ;) Better he shows up with a PCA than not have one at all

nitpicker330
3rd Sep 2013, 10:22
Either way, why did he leave this until the last couple of days???????

:=

6 P's works for me and has done for 25+ years

Mr.Buzzy
3rd Sep 2013, 10:31
Please accept my apology OzzyPilot.

Sorry that you may have thought this forum was a useful resource for help and information.
Sorry that you felt there was no need to describe in minute detail why you needed a chart.
Sorry that you thought you were working in an industry where your peers are willing to give a hand rather than whack you with a polo mallet from a large horse.
Finally, on behalf of an ever dwindling minority, whose world does not revolve around planes, big watches, chronic masturbation, greasy pole climbing and bad money advice, I'd like to express my sorrow for you having to work with such a pack of miserable c&$ts.

Bbbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzb:ok:

Jack Ranga
3rd Sep 2013, 10:51
I'm with the buzz-meister here :D

gerry111
3rd Sep 2013, 11:36
I hope he doesn't turn up for his exam with a high range PCA.. ;)

Horatio Leafblower
3rd Sep 2013, 12:04
Yup, Mr Buzzy for the choccy frog - spot on.

If I was in Darwin I would have helped the bloke out

What the hell is wrong with some of you blokes? What a pack of miserable, judgemental, know-it-all pricks ... :ugh: :{

004wercras
3rd Sep 2013, 12:11
He sounds like a CAsA FOI!!

Flying Binghi
3rd Sep 2013, 12:26
who wants a free bottle!...

Heh, seems there's a few wants that "free bottle"...:D

;)

Jack Ranga
3rd Sep 2013, 12:48
Leafman, as the buzzman says, you don't know the circumstances. If I was in Darwin & I had the PCA I would have dropped one around. Quite a few aviators have helped me out when I've been stuck. Yeah, yeah, yeah we can belt on and on and on about airmanship but sometimes **** happens eh

Horatio Leafblower
3rd Sep 2013, 13:00
Ranga, mate, I am with the Buzzman all the way :D

Previous post edited to clarify. ;)

Wally Mk2
3rd Sep 2013, 13:12
This is almost funny if it wasn't genuine. Can't believe the venomous reactions of some in here.
Christ the guy's obviously keen enuff to stick his head out here for help but gets thumped!
Comradery is dieing amongst once proud aviators.

Wmk2

Jack Ranga
3rd Sep 2013, 14:01
Wal-meister, parts of this industry are pure C U N ext T uesday territory :cool:

I should add that it's taken me 20 years of flying to pick the C U N ext T' uesday'S :ok:

Flying Binghi
3rd Sep 2013, 14:47
Pissed Pilot...

via Jack Ranga:
Wal-meister, parts of this industry are pure C U N ext T uesday territory

I should add that it's taken me 20 years of flying to pick the C U N ext T' uesday'S

Heh, who were it that blasted off without first seeing if the next stop had fuel or not, then started a prune thread lambasting the re-fueler fer not having fuel..:=:= :p

Jack Ranga
3rd Sep 2013, 21:57
So what's that got to do with this thread Bing-meister? I might add that I've been caught without a chart once (shock-horror, send CASA round to my place). I had the stupidity to think that a re-seller would have probably the most common ERC low in stock. As it was another chap I barely knew lent me his charts :ok:

The level of 'service' in this country is beyond a joke. High wages with no incentive to actually provide a service sees to that.

And by the way Bing-meister, I do not step back from the thread I started on that fuel debacle. It is bloody un-professional to advertise fuel, run-out & not NOTAM it, so blow that out ya clacker :ok:

Flying Bear
3rd Sep 2013, 22:29
"blow that out ya clacker..." - haven't heard that one in ages!!:D

Nevertheless, can't believe the bunfight a simple request to "all stations" for borrowing a chart has caused... typical though - let's step it up one however, just for those who wonder why, as a profession, we can never have a level of solidarity. Too many willing to jump on a colleague / peer / competitor for the slightest infraction...

My big question, after all this, did the lad pass his exam??

dibloc
3rd Sep 2013, 23:22
Please accept my apology OzzyPilot.

Sorry that you may have thought this forum was a useful resource for help and information.
Sorry that you felt there was no need to describe in minute detail why you needed a chart.
Sorry that you thought you were working in an industry where your peers are willing to give a hand rather than whack you with a polo mallet from a large horse.
Finally, on behalf of an ever dwindling minority, whose world does not revolve around planes, big watches, chronic masturbation, greasy pole climbing and bad money advice, I'd like to express my sorrow for you having to work with such a pack of miserable c&$ts.

Post of the year.

grrowler
4th Sep 2013, 00:41
Geez talk about dramatic - some comments that not sourcing a required chart by 2 days before an ATPL exam is poor planning, and suddenly everyones a c$nt, and the mateship of the entire industry is in decline. It's a bit different to scratching around for a chart for some obscure, short notice charter.

Now just to clarify;
If I was in Darwin I would happily lend out my chart.

I would not expect anything in return.

I would have a beer with old mate after his exam.

and I would give him $hit about not organising his chart earlier because it is PI$$ POOR!

If that makes me a c$nt, then so be it.

And Mr B, at what point does it become "chronic"? ;)

lilflyboy262...2
4th Sep 2013, 00:59
:mad::mad::mad: you guys are quick to stick the knife into people.

Horatio Leafblower
4th Sep 2013, 01:06
Well lilflyboy... I guess some of us are into helping people where/when we can, even if we don't know them, because we've all been stuck occasionally and been helped by people we don't know.

... and others are into tearing into a bloke they don't know, on half the information, just to demonstrate their superiority. :hmm:

Flying Binghi
4th Sep 2013, 01:44
:)

It had to be. Any thread involving Darwin and free grog will turn into an up-roaring squabble..:p

All we need now is a visit from tinpiss..;)

Gligg
4th Sep 2013, 03:55
Some parts of the world can't be relied upon for mail delivery. If you wait and it doesn't turn up, and the shop in Australia you call wants $60 postage to send it to you express, offering a bottle suddenly becomes the good (and economical) option. Maybe the guy lives in a tent and some termites ate his PCA, who knows...

I noticed on another thread a CP being lambasted for not having a professional enough email address for receiving job applications!

Pinky the pilot
4th Sep 2013, 04:59
Concur with Mr Buzzy.

Struth, you blokes! We do not know the circumstances as to why the bloke did not have the chart concerned. There may very well be a valid reason but even if not, he really doesn't deserve the venom hurled at him by some.:ugh:

Most people learn from their mistakes, and I suspect that he will do so.

MakeItHappenCaptain
4th Sep 2013, 06:23
Mix up a letter or two.

"Cnuts" works just as well as "give the poor fcuker a chance to explain himself for fcuk's sake".:ok:

Cactusjack
4th Sep 2013, 08:32
Ok, this is a neutral post, but I am guessing the Mods will be very close to shutting this thread down, but I gotta know 2 things:
1) Young man, did you pass? And,
2) What brand of booze did you end up getting for the Good Samaritan? (If one came to the rescue)
Just curious, always like to see a happy ending.

Oh, and maybe question 3) Did the Good Samaritan that you gave the bottle of piss too end up sharing it with you??? :ok:

Horatio Leafblower
4th Sep 2013, 08:52
I just hope nobody mentions "that" year! :uhoh: