PDA

View Full Version : Australian RV owners & Builders

Aviater
1st Sep 2013, 03:00
I'm wondering if anybody can tell me where is the best place on the web to connect with Australian RV owners and builders.

I know there's a great yahoo mail group but I'm not sure if I can access it without signing up for a yahoo email account?

Cheers

Arnold E
1st Sep 2013, 06:34
Vans Airforce is the best site. Most Ozzie builders will be on there and if they are not, then they are wasting a good source of help and information. From that forum you can use the PM facility to contact individuals if required.:ok:

Jabawocky
1st Sep 2013, 10:08
My opinion, Anrnold E has hit the nail on the head. VAF it is. :ok:

The Yahoo site is in my opinion worth avoiding. Just a personal opinion.

The other thing to think about is the local SAAA chapter down there has a few VERY competent RV owners and builders. A lot of smart engineering folk and even a Cathay A330 Captain, so that proves anyone can do it :} (I wonder how long before he logs into PPRuNe, my email will tell me :E ) By the way this guy has the most gorgeous RV7 I have seen.

I can put you in touch with them if you care to PM me your name email address and mobile phone number.

Last of all there will be a huge number collected in one place in 12 days time. Get yourself up to AUSFLY for a few days. They have a thread running at the top of the GA board if you have not seen it so far.

Retard Vehicles RULE! :ok:

ForkTailedDrKiller
1st Sep 2013, 11:02
Retard Vehicles RULE! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Just keep telling yourself that, Jaba! :E

Jabawocky
1st Sep 2013, 11:50
OK, OK, and V-Tails are sexy as... :ok:

Flown one lately? :E Or just the PiperTailedDrKiller ?

CHAIRMAN
2nd Sep 2013, 13:25
Is the FTDK still in the hospital like Chuckles' is :rolleyes:
Can't believe it.

Jabawocky
2nd Sep 2013, 22:41
CHAIR-PERSON, you should know better. How long was your baby in hospital? And why was it such a short stay? Looking good too it is.

I still have a few beers on Chuckles flying before Forkie's. The problem is they fly anything or everything else. No desire to get the job done with these old guys :E

Clare Prop
3rd Sep 2013, 01:39
Ask poteroo :ok:

VH-XXX
3rd Sep 2013, 03:09
How long does it take to fix a FTDK versus BUILDING an RV10?

Jabawocky
3rd Sep 2013, 03:26
You can build an RV10 in the time it takes for an annual, in fact this last annual you could have built 3 RV10's or 6 RV6/7/8/9's or 9 x RV12's :ok:

27/09
3rd Sep 2013, 09:27
You can build an RV10 in the time it takes for an annual, in fact this last annual you could have built 3 RV10's or 6 RV6/7/8/9's or 9 x RV12's

Must be some annual.

Jabawocky
3rd Sep 2013, 10:25
....some annual http://www.beechtalk.com/forums/images/smilies/rofl02.gif

Yeah....you have no idea. Some of the shorter ones are not much shorter! :{