PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Staff Travel

ask26
31st Aug 2013, 21:55
Can anyone tell me how Easyjet ST works - as I understand it you get a bunch of Buddy passes - are they transferable/flexible etc.. but is there anything for direct family as well?

Cmon-PullUP
31st Aug 2013, 22:24
You don't get a bundle of anything. You can get your close family and few named friends on your name for staff travel.

VeroFlyer
1st Sep 2013, 08:53
You mean you don't even have any interline agreements for staff travel on long haul carriers? Rubbish!

kick the tires
2nd Sep 2013, 03:57
There writes a bitter man!

Bubair
2nd Sep 2013, 10:26
Ecam,

Thank you for the valuable information.

Is anyone at easyJet with the hope/ belief than eventually, in a not too far future, easyJet employees will benefit from ZED ticket like the rest of the industry?

Thanks for the replies

easy
2nd Sep 2013, 14:14
at my previous employer Staff Travel was a profit centre, not a cost, the ID75's were based on the full published fare, so you could often get a cheaper seat with the like of Trailfinder etc.., also they were only standby seats. With easy, the seats are sold at cost, and are firm bookings. I've also used the standby system with no problems at all.
If you wish to join easy for long haul travel benefits, don't bother, either buy a confirmed ticket on the internet or marry a BA employee (better network than Virgin ;)).

Mr Good Cat
2nd Sep 2013, 14:57
As a former EZY skipper in the old days of Stelios et al - I seem to remember part of the company ethos was to always 'go it alone' and hence has chosen to stay away from membership of IATA and interline travel agreements.

I suspect this is still the case as it seems to work well for them.

Comanche
4th Sep 2013, 17:39
Even if they would have an interline agreement, the ZED are pretty worthless as you are usually at the very bottom of the SBY list behind all the airline's employees + families. As many airlines nowadays run at fairly high load factors (especially in the USA), unless you are single with lots of flexibility and spare time/vacation, forget the ZED's, not worth it. Easy staff travel's strong point is the fact that you get firm seats, so are treated like any revenue passenger. Firm seats run even cheaper then BA SBY (tax included). All in all, not bad in my opinion.

Binder
4th Sep 2013, 18:42
Unless it's a standby ticket; Which is not a firm seat.

No good for travelling famillies or under 16's.

:oh:

FlexToga
27th Apr 2018, 16:10
HI there, I am interested into have my name in the list of someone of easyJet, for LTN base...could someone to help me with that?

pls drop me a private message.

Cheers...

lear999wa
27th Apr 2018, 16:16
HI there, I am interested into have my name in the list of someone of easyJet, for LTN base...could someone to help me with that?

pls drop me a private message.

Cheers...

AirlineSwap. Air travel concessions swapper (http://www.airlineswap.com)