PDA

View Full Version : A320 type rating renewal

pilot00
30th Aug 2013, 15:27
Hi Folks, I was hoping someone who has been in a similar situation could help point me in the right direction or offer some advice of the EASA mindfield! :sad:

I need to renew an A320 rating onto my EASA license that expired February 2013.

Can I just do an LPC or do I need to do some refresher training?

I've read that if its between 3 months to 1 year that I need 2 train sessions, however I am current on both the 330 and 340, does this bypass the need for the refresher training at all?

In addition I would be doing the 320 renewal from the left hand seat, which I haven't flown from for over a year, does this pose any issues at all except of course my ability to fly from that seat?

I'm confused :ugh:

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :ok:

DEEC
30th Aug 2013, 19:47
The magic words are: "Ask your ATO." - At least that has been the standard answer from any CAA since the advent of EASA. ;) As your type rating has expired and A330 / A340 are different type ratings, your A320 rating has to be renewed by an ATO; a simple LPC will not suffice.

lostcomm
31st Aug 2013, 03:02
DEEC is exactly right. You have to ask your ATO HT. Head of training will decide what you need. However he will probably follow the AMC to part FCL. Being current on the 330 has nothing to do with the renewal of the 320. It is a different type rating and refresher training will be required if your 320 has expired. If it is up to 30 days after the expiration date the HT can decide that LPC is sufficient. After that you need min 2 training sessions according to AMC plus skill test. So basically 3 sessions. You can do it from the left seat even if you are currently on the right side of the 330.

pilot00
31st Aug 2013, 13:31
thanks guys! Seems over the top the amount of refresher training needed when I am flying the 330 every other day.

I'll contact the ATO's and see what they say!

:ok: