PDA

View Full Version : 1st screen of Yahoo inbox mail lost, found in the "Trash"

Old Photo.Fanatic
30th Aug 2013, 10:15
Opening up my Yahoo mail today, first screen of listed inbox mail "blank"!!!.
Retried and the mail for the last three weeks missing, WTF.
Eventually looked in the trash folder and there was the missing mail.
I am sure I had not trashed anything.

As the Mail is now one big listing ,no more pages,I assume if I had flagged my inbox to trash all mail then the complete inbox listing would have gone.
Not just the first screen's listing which covered the last three weeks of incoming mail.

I was able to recover the mail to my inbox so no harm done.

In anticipation that someone out there may be able to give me an idea why this occured.

With thanks, OPF

vulcanised
30th Aug 2013, 11:28
It's probably one of their 'improvements'. :ugh:

Gmail are playing a similar game.

FullOppositeRudder
30th Aug 2013, 11:56
A plague on both of them!:*

Yahoo have gone to a so called "neo" format where just about everything has been changed, most noticeably in their groups system where significant liberties have been taken, and moderators are left trying to sort out the train wreck which has resulted.

I will be looking for a more stable and functional vehicle for my two groups in the future. Quite simply Mailman (http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/) would do nicely in my observation- I just need to find the machinery to host it. If it costs, then so be it.

Bah! Humbug! :(

mixture
30th Aug 2013, 17:55
I just need to find the machinery to host it. If it costs, then so be it.

a few tips from the wise....

1. Don't try to run an email server on your home internet connection. It won't work. As for the reason why.... well, in a nutshell, you can thank your spamming brethren.

2. There are lots of people who will host mailing lists for you for little or no money. Quite why you'd want the hassle of maintaining your own is beyond me , particularly if you don't have a penchant for IT.

3. Mailing lists are so 1990. Just use a forum like everyone else.

FullOppositeRudder
30th Aug 2013, 23:48
Thanks mixture, your advice noted and appreciated.

Following my rant last night I have come across a site which seems to promise what I am after, and at a (very) modest cost which I'm happy to pay. I'll phone them on Monday to get some specific information which I need. It looks good on paper (ooops screen).

I take your point about boards vs mailing list. However the needs of my groups are somewhat specific, and over the 10 years they have been in operation, the members have come to expect things to happen this way. There are about 100 people in each group; they are closed groups operating by invitation only, and most of us know one another in real life anyway.

Thanks again,

FOR :ok:

mixture
31st Aug 2013, 08:20
Sounds like you're back on track.

Good luck and have fun !