PDA

View Full Version : Rex slams carbon tax for profit dive

Ultralights
29th Aug 2013, 09:45
Rex slams carbon tax for profit dive | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/business/breaking-news/rex-slams-carbon-tax-for-profit-dive/story-e6frfkur-1226706616824)

Bruce the Camel
29th Aug 2013, 14:17
Regional Express made a profit of $14 million in the 2013/14 financial year, down from $25.5 million in the previous year.
Rex paid $2.4 million in carbon tax in 2012/13, a cost it did not have in the prior year.

Hmmm his maths are a bit off. Maybe he can get a job in the jetstar accounting department.:ok:

bigbrother
30th Aug 2013, 03:29
hmmm speaking of REX its all been pretty quiet out of BAxter Rd for quite a while. Must be all happy little munchkins.

onetrack
30th Aug 2013, 03:56
Nothing like having a convenient, handy excuse for a profit dive - to take the pressure off the real reasons, that can be sheeted home to management decisions.

TBM-Legend
30th Aug 2013, 04:15
Nothing like having a convenient, handy excuse for a profit dive - to take the pressure off the real reasons, that can be sheeted home to management decisions.

are you talking about Virgin Oz???? Borrowing from shareholders too..:eek:

Flying Binghi
30th Aug 2013, 10:06
via onetrack:
Nothing like having a convenient, handy excuse for a profit dive - to take the pressure off the real reasons,...

"Real reasons" ? The 'carbon' tax nonsense is real...

Treasury estimates that the government will raise $7.7 billion from the carbon tax for 2012-13

Compare policies: Labor takes $900 per house to reduce CO2, Coalition $100 « JoNova (http://joannenova.com.au/2013/08/compare-policies-labor-will-take-900-from-each-house-to-reduce-co2-coalition-100-per-house/)

Bennyboy1
31st Aug 2013, 08:20
I wouldn't be too upset for Rex. Considering that the biggest shareholder is Singaporean as is the second biggest shareholder also Singaporean, any additional tax on Rex simply means a couple of million dollars remains in Australia rather than into the pockets of a couple of wealthy Singaporean family's. Our government may not be fantastic at managing money but some will find it's way into improving education, health and the rest of it. I don't have a problem with this.

peterc005
31st Aug 2013, 08:44
Good one Flying Binghi - quote some obscure right wing conspiracy theory nutter as a source.

She's endorsed by Andrew Bolt and probably also believes the earth is flat.

What's next - Chemtrails or UFOs?

The science behind Global Warming is solid and backed by thirty years of peer-reviewed research. Putting a price on Carbon Emissions is a good way to reduce them.

Arnold E
31st Aug 2013, 09:38
I know this is thread drift, but is REX related, Can someone explain to me why REX does not have to comply with CAO100.5 in relation to testing airspeed indicators. Apparently they only check for leaks, but the indicators themselves could be reading bananas and that is ok??? Someone care to explain??

Flying Binghi
31st Aug 2013, 11:00
via peterc005:
Good one Flying Binghi - quote some obscure right wing conspiracy theory nutter as a source.

She's endorsed by Andrew Bolt and probably also believes the earth is flat.

What's next - Chemtrails or UFOs?

The science behind Global Warming is solid and backed by thirty years of peer-reviewed research. Putting a price on Carbon Emissions is a good way to reduce them.

"quote some obscure right wing conspiracy theory nutter as a source..." peterc005, i musta missed the "right wing conspiracy" bit. Can you please offer up some evidence of your claim for our consideration..:hmm:

"Chemtrails or UFOs..." peterc005, is that a subject you know ??? i dont know the subject so will leave it for you and others to discuss..:)

"Global Warming is solid and backed by thirty years of peer-reviewed research" peterc005, please keep up with the latest developments. The true believers have been through a couple of different climate hysteria inducing name changes. The term 'global warming' was changed to 'climate change' to reflect the fact the globe waint warming. I think the climate hysterics are now up to the name 'climate disruption' or some such..;)

Armstrong & Miller - Climate Change - YouTube (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TQlHaGhYoF0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTQlHaGhYoF0)

The Green Goblin
31st Aug 2013, 14:30
I can't wait for the global cooling tax.

Warm is good.

Cold is bad.

I'd like another cold beer :)

Bladeangle
1st Sep 2013, 03:31
Have I missed something here? 2013/14 FY would end next June 30 right?
Is the $14m profit a forecast?

evolved
2nd Sep 2013, 04:09
The date appears to be a typo. They are talking about the year just gone. Even though profit has fallen a fair bit it looks like Rex will again be the most profitable airline in Australia. it would be interesting to know how much money was lost from all airlines in Australia added together. Aviation is a mugs game.