PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining Australian ASIC after arrival from UK

nelbhoy
26th Aug 2013, 09:06
Was wondering if there was anybody out there that has obtained their ASIC clearance lately after arriving in Australia from UK. Is there any documents/police clearance/disclosure certs that I should be taking with me from the UK?
Thanks in advance.

Gas Bags
27th Aug 2013, 03:32
A statutory declaration will normally suffice, stating you have had no criminal convictions or outstanding charges relating to any of the relevant ASIC criminal history reportable items.

That is if you are clean!!!:O

If you get a spotlight shone on your application you may be asked to provide a police report from each country you have lived in showing your criminal record.

Do your own research into the legislation. The application forms are normally misleading with regards to what you have to declare about your criminal history. There are quite specific crimes only that have to be declared. The form will likely state you have to notify every indiscretion you have ever experienced.

It may pay to get a police clearance if you are still in the UK before you come over just in case you get asked for one.

Tom Sawyer
27th Aug 2013, 23:57
Sydney Airport just accepted my Disclosure Scotland certificate. They were still accepting it 6 years later even though it was only valid for 6 months or so?

nelbhoy
9th Sep 2013, 15:09
Sorry Gents just realised I haven't thanked you for your replies:ok: