PDA

View Full Version : FAA MEDICALS WHE IN ASIA.

captainjoy
26th Aug 2013, 06:42
Hello All,
Does any one know where I can get an FAA medical in Vietnam, or Malasia?
Or somewhere else close by?
Thanks

Metro man
26th Aug 2013, 07:00
Try ST Medical Centre at Paya Lebar airbase if you're in Singapore.

Gulfstreamaviator
26th Aug 2013, 07:02
If you go on to the FAA website, and look for overseas AME you will find that there are 2 in Phils. Plus perhaps other closer to your location.

1 is in Manila. Listed as in the Phils Airline Medical Centre.

BUT unless her data has been updated she is actually in a private clinic just x the main street from the airport, close to the old location.

If you have problems contacting her, please PM me.

Fees are reasonable, between 100-120 us$.

glf

kwaiyai
26th Aug 2013, 08:50
Dr sagoo at KLCC Medical centre Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia

Dr Kay at Bangkok hospital. Thailand

envoy
26th Aug 2013, 22:49
Try this link, as mentioned in a post below...

Find an Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) (http://www.faa.gov/pilots/amelocator/)

captainjoy
27th Aug 2013, 16:05
Thank You very much

Hogger60
28th Aug 2013, 01:31
Dr. Sagoo in KL is by far the least expensive and probably the best one to go see, as he will work with you if you have any problems. Retired MAF, and a great guy. Easy to get where he is by train from the airport too.

Another one you might try is ST Medical in Singapore, though they are about the double the cost of Dr Sagoo, but if you need any specialized tests, they can accomplish it.

beebo
4th Sep 2013, 07:25
I'll second Dr Sagoo. Been using him for years.:ok:

manson73
29th Feb 2024, 03:54
The thing that comes to mind, is some of the doctors in Asia I've seen are looking for things. They don't feel like they are on pilots side. Luckily i've not had any major issues, but a few close calls that were caused by over zealous doctors, or ones that can't find their way out of a paper bag. One in Boracay which was supposed to be super easy, peazy done in 1hr, took 7 days for the doctor to get it inputted and printed due to "reasons". traffic, computer, internet, electricity, chicken died, emergency, busy, family, uncle, etc. 7 days for a signature and submitssion. I ended up having to get a last minute flight to HKG at my expense to same day a medical up their so I can go to work the next day.

So, it's nice to know where the professionals are, who understand our jobs and lives and can see forest through the trees. One professional to another.

cruisepower
1st Mar 2024, 11:43
Do it in Dubai. It's hassle free you will get it same day.