Jetstar - because of their incredibly crap service

Oh, wait, they're still operating :sad:

astir 8
25th Aug 2013, 19:51
British Airways .........oh...............:ugh:

Capot
28th Aug 2013, 09:28
BAF.

I'm sure that I don't have to explain why......

chevvron
28th Aug 2013, 10:17
RYANAIR! (pretty obvious)

Rosevidney1
28th Aug 2013, 19:27
AIR LINKS. My one and only flight with them in a Merlin engined DC-4 ended in the worst landing I can recall. I wouldn't have been surprised if the wings had developed severe anhedral!

Agaricus bisporus
29th Aug 2013, 10:23
Go on Capot, tell us!

Chris Scott
29th Aug 2013, 14:47
BSAA.....?

TSR2
29th Aug 2013, 17:40
Scandic Airlines ... due to poor condition of aircraft interiors.

XL Airways ... due to poor punctuality.

PAXboy
29th Aug 2013, 19:44
Deutsche BA. I only had cause to use them once, MUC-LGW-MUC in 1999.

By the time I got to LGW, I knew I would never book with them again. If I could have avoided the return leg, I would have done so.

cyflyer
29th Aug 2013, 23:19
Airlines You Don't Want To Be Brought Back
Insinuating airlines that no longer exist, so why are so many posters quoting airlines that are still current, BA, Ryan ?

Agaricus bisporus
30th Aug 2013, 10:25
As most contributions seem to revolve around damning an airline for one bumpy landing, tatty decor or delays that probably weren't their fault perhaps this thread should have been put in Spotters Corner.

Chris Scott
30th Aug 2013, 10:47
cyflyer,

It's called irony; a prevalent, sometimes irritating aspect of the English character, as I think Agaricus bisporus might agree.

Sorry Ab, I was hoping someone would pick up on my selection of Don Bennett's notorious, press-on-regardless outfit.

PAXboy
30th Aug 2013, 11:39
The reason I took DBA was that they were the only carrier on the route I needed.

The reason I hated them was the single most terrible cabin service I've ever experienced. Even worse than Continental at their nadir - and that's saying something.

Since I have used BA affiliate Comair in South Africa many times, I mistakenly thought DBA would also have high standards. They didn't.

If I have a choice of supplier (of anything) I no longer bother complaining, I just move my business. If it's a supplier that i am going to have to use again - then it's worth complaining.

For example, at the same time that I was working out of MUC, DebonAir and GO were on the STN route. Debon was terrible and GO were brilliant, so I selected accordingly.

The SSK
30th Aug 2013, 11:59
The worst and least-lamented airline of recent times was Valuejet.

Unfortunately their appalling safety and infringement record was well enough known before they liquidated 110 people in the Everglades.

However in the preceding years all the attention was on their incredible financial performance. They took the Southwest model and corrupted it.

cyflyer
30th Aug 2013, 14:37
I have to wade in also, against the knockers of Ryanair. I flew them earlier this week, Stansted-Paphos, on what I think is their longest route, 4 1/2 hours. I got to UK and back for almost half the price that the other airlines were asking. Having traveled them before I knew what to to expect and went prepared. Comfort ?, I took a couple of travel cushions, perfect !, on the outbound the only food available was crisps and orange juice, so on the return I took sandwiches and drink from Stansted terminal, worked out a treat !!! What do you expect for the money ? Its a no frills, get you there for a price airline, and it works . People go on a no frills cheap airline and then complain, why ? I found them very satisfactory for what they are, the cabin crew work hard and seem to do their job efficiently, and I will continue to use them.

DH106
30th Aug 2013, 14:58
cyflyer - I think it's more the attitude of that gobsh*** CEO that Ryan have, rather than the airline itself that most detractors hate.:mad:

seacue
30th Aug 2013, 15:07
The son of an acquaintance was a high-level mechanic for AirTran. AirTran took over the remains of ValuJet. They were appalled at the condition of the ex-Valujet 'planes that came with the deal.

cyflyer
30th Aug 2013, 15:36
it's more the attitude of that gobsh*** CEO that Ryan have
Yes, but do we fly to get from A to B for a price, or because we love the personality of the airline's CEO ?

Hangar6
30th Aug 2013, 15:58
I think we all feel that when we fly we need to feel safe , now we know FR is safe but we also know MOL doesn't care about us customers and proudly boasts this to all and sundry so yes I choose not to fly with an airline that has a boss that doesn't care about me because care and safe are two words I link together when I am in a plane.

Odd I know

Davef68
30th Aug 2013, 17:22
BMibaby - worst seating/leg clearance I ever flew on in a civil airliner.

Rosevidney1
30th Aug 2013, 20:06
Agarica bisporus wrote:
As most contributions seem to revolve around damning an airline for one bumpy landing, tatty decor or delays that probably weren't their fault perhaps this thread should have been put in Spotters Corner.
Hmmm. Snooty of you. Who started the thread? Remind us.

Heathrow Harry
31st Aug 2013, 08:37
Northwest - the American Aeroflot

DanAir - Lashup airlines

Air Nauru - what it said on the outside

Agaricus bisporus
31st Aug 2013, 12:38
Rosevidney, this being the "Professional Pilots" forum I had expected some input from - er - pilots...Anyway, tatty decor and one hard landing is hardly any reflection on an airline's worthiness to be brought back, it is irrelevant trivia.

Is that so unreasonable?