PDA

View Full Version : mccPILOTLOG logbook users. Looking for help with this software

330airbus
25th Aug 2013, 00:02
Hey guys.
So I am a complete rookie with computers and gadgets in general.
I decided to purchase the enterprise version of MCC as I read a lot of positive feedback about this app.

I have managed to sync all the flights from my our company online roster for the past 6 months.
I now see all these flights under the section of "flights" on my Laptop with names of FOs, aircraft reg, etc.

How can I find a way to put all of these flights into a logbook format so that I can just copy them down the same way to my hard copy logbook?
Can this format later be sent to the ipad?
Also, how do I go about adding my total time from before this 6 months so that my totals remain correct?

I would appreciate some input, and any other random information or tips that other users find helpful.

Flying Wild
25th Aug 2013, 00:11
Go to the reports tab and there are several logbook formats available for you to print to. You can then save as PDF. This can then be sent to an iPad. If your logbook format is not listed, you can ask them to include it in a future update.

In the settings or user data tabs (not at my laptop, so can't remember) there is a field to add previous experience.

This is all stuff which is covered in the help file...

Having said that if you are really stuck you can email the helpdesk and they respond fairly quickly.

Max Angle
25th Aug 2013, 18:53
Been using MCC for a year now now and am really impressed with the software and the support from the help desk, most questions are answered within 12 hours and problems solved in not much longer.

How can I find a way to put all of these flights into a logbook format so that I can just copy them down the same way to my hard copy logbook? Generally most people use these programmes so that they abandon the hard copy logbook, I have not kept one for over 10 years. Its all on the computer and backed up in several locations and as said above you can get it printed out if you want to anyway. My advice would be to ditch the paper logbook and go digital, its much easier.

330airbus
26th Aug 2013, 00:00
Thank you both for the responses, much appreciated.

Max angle, I understand. So basically you print the last few pages for the company to stamp whenever you need that?
Also, do you personally log your hours onto your iphone or ipad after every flight, or just let it get the data from your airline roster?
Problem with getting it from your online roster is that it seems like it sometimes makes errors. On my last sync it failed to sync two flights, and 4 sim sessions.
I guess the best way is to just log the block hours onto your iphone after the flight. This should automatically get syncd to the app on your laptop?

Again, appreciate the tip.

Max Angle
26th Aug 2013, 11:27
They never need to stamp it and in the UK renewals for IR and private flying etc. get signed on the licence so I have never printed any pages, one day I will get round to ordering a proper hard back copy but can't really see the point. I always use the online link (we use eMaestro) and it seems to work very well, I don't have the enterprise edition so can't use the smartphone app.

Torque Tonight
26th Aug 2013, 12:11
Personal choice, but I run my paper logbook in parallel to MCC Pilotlog, which is an absolutely superb piece of software.

All the questions you raise are well answered in the help files and FAQs and you will probably get a more thorough answer by reading those than anything I can jot down here.

Suffice to say that there are a number of ways of incorporating previous flying experience into MCC. The logbook can be presented and printed in virtually all the main logbook formats and what I can generate on screen matches exactly what is written in my paper logbook (which makes totalling up columns a doddle).

There are companion apps for iOS, Android etc, which will sync automatically with the desktop version.

Support is excellent, the features are superb and it has saved me hours (probably days) with number crunching the stats. I've flown several different classes of aircraft under a few different regulatory regimes, and when job application forms and CAA forms required breakdowns of experience, it would often take a whole afternoon to work it out the old fashioned way - MCC will spit out the result instantly.

Can't recommend it enough!:ok: