PDA

View Full Version : JOB4U S.A. Cyprus

ommannas
23rd Aug 2013, 20:00
Hello everyone. I am brand new pilot with a 500 tt. At the moment I am negotiating with JOB4U brokers to get a line training contract. Cost 12000 euro - 1 year contract (500h). The question is : Does anyone had any contact with them? Are they reliable? Any information would be useful to me. Thank you.

RAFAT
24th Aug 2013, 23:38
Oh dear. :ugh:

perritopiloto
25th Aug 2013, 05:47
Hi
Why don't you try to get an employment where you are paid for it instead of paying?
Add to those 12.000€ the type rating and the cost of living during that year.
It is hard, but there are some jobs. Try Africa where people head to fly turboprops and build up the hours

Of course that is only my point of view
Take care and good luck

cactusbusdrvr
25th Aug 2013, 05:55
It's called a job. You get paid for a job. You don't pay someone to have a job. Training is a cost that the employer absorbs to have qualified personnel. If you pay for your training once you are qualified (i.e. you are a ATPL rated pilot) then you are being used by the employer. That type of employer is scum and if they are cutting costs in training then they will be cutting costs elsewhere, like maintenance.

Like the other poster said, go fly somewhere that will pay you to fly and you will be doing more than turning the autopilot on at 500 feet.

Mach E Avelli
25th Aug 2013, 06:32
If they are 'brokers' they are parasites. Bottom feeders. Leeches.
Do NOT send them money. There are more original scams coming out of Nigeria, so help them out, if you really must blow your money.

Backtofly
26th Aug 2013, 04:21
Hi,
I've been in contact with this Agency until 1 week ago. I tried to ask them to pay after joined the Company, you know they want money in advance.
No answer so far from them......
There are a lot of fraudsters in aviation industry, take care of your maney.

Shaman
26th Aug 2013, 13:19
I have lived in Cyprus for 10 years and I can say this:

never, ever, trust a Cypriot with your money.

tcas1
26th Aug 2013, 13:31
Shaman I am a Cypriot and I find your comment highly insulting!!

How dare you say that!

ommannas
26th Aug 2013, 18:10
Hello everybody! Thank you for your answers and advises:) I've just signed the contract... NOT! Actually I found out that this company doesn't exist and these brokers tries to find stupid people. They ask for 3500e payment to sign the contract and they dissapears. They don't have any contract with any airline, they don't exist at all. Be aware!

And about the other advises... Yes I don't want to pay them to fly... But industry is already destroyed... I've sent 600 CV's... Nothing works...Easy to say what to do when you work already. But I have to face the reality and deal with it or dissapear....

M-ONGO
26th Aug 2013, 20:01
I found out that this company doesn't exist and these brokers tries to find stupid people.

Pay to fly is another phrase for 'stupid people'. Do you have a web link for these guys?

ommannas
26th Aug 2013, 20:36
Don't worry... I'm gonna get 20year old mercedes and go to Africa till I find something. Cause I'm loosing my hope.

These guys from job4u.com contacted me when I applied to one of the asian airlines vacancies...probably there are a lot of fake stuff averywhere...

Shaman
27th Aug 2013, 12:41
Tcas 1,

<<How dare you say that! >>

10 years after paying in full for my property in Cyprus I still have not received my Title Deeds - about 30,000 UK citizens are in this predicament as well. The developer keeps on saying that he will complete the complex in a few months - this has been going on for 8 years. He, and his compatriot and their son, own properties in the complex and they just refuse to pay their monthly communal charges knowing that the stupid British will pay for all the expenses.

I could go on and on and I will - the lawyer who acted for me told me that he did not check to see if there was a mortgage on the property because he is not required to do so and I did not ask him!

The government allows developers to take out additional mortgages AFTER the property has been sold.

My property is now worthless as it does not have its Title Deeds and never will so since the developer has no money to finish the complex. He has however - according to himself - managed to build a large expensive house which is in his wife's name!

I have an English Cypriot friend who tells me that the most disappointing aspect of life in Cyprus is "the lies".

Forgive me if I have insulted you but my experience of Cypriots is different to your's.

Deception and lies are commonplace here.

tcas1
27th Aug 2013, 18:18
I am sorry that this happened to you Shaman!

However you cannot just put us all in the same basket!

There are bad and good people everywhere!!

captplaystation
27th Aug 2013, 19:16
Indeed, but the geographical distribution of them is not always linear.

pudoc
27th Aug 2013, 20:58
But industry is already destroyed... I've sent 600 CV's... Nothing works...Easy to say what to do when you work already.

Maybe improve your CV?

chimbu warrior
28th Aug 2013, 01:41
Aras,

Hold on to your money. I note you have lots of gliding experience, so maybe you could look into some of the gliding operators that may need a tow pilot.

It is not all about sending out resumes. Sometimes you need to get out there and knock on doors (and see some of the world in the process).

If you must spend your money, spend it on travel; don't give it to crooks.

captjns
28th Aug 2013, 01:58
Ommannas is another wannabe with a great desire to be part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

Set another plate at the Kiddie Table.

ommannas
28th Aug 2013, 05:53
Thank you guys. This is really good advices and strong arguments. I didn't think pilots are so cooperative. I hope to join the ether soon...

Captjns, I am not a kiddie. I am young but I earned everything by myself. I've got the ATPL frozen , I've bought my own aircraft to bild the hours, I didn't take nothing from my parents and nothing was put on my table.

Shaman
28th Aug 2013, 11:37
However you cannot just put us all in the same basket!

There are bad and good people everywhere!!
Tcas 1. I quite agree with you - I will admit to being extremely jaundiced where money is concerned BUT..

I am also happy to admit that Cypriots are hospitable and friendly people which is why I am still living in Cyprus.

Gordomac
29th Aug 2013, 09:03
Shaman, why do you give your location as UK then ? Mind you, I am new to all this pseudonym & secrecy stuff. Doesn't really protect anyway. Off thread I know but I have been in Cyprus for nearly four years. Hit by the Title Deeds problem too. Ripped off for E2700 (yes, two thousand seven hundred) by dreadful Car Mechanic and then huge row with Customs over the import of my beloved Jeep led to it being placed in the Government Bonded Warehouse for over two years now ! I still find the Cyps to be loveable rogues and would not dream of living anywhere else. Hell, some of my best friends are Cypriots ! But, steering back on thread. Good luck Omman, buy the Merc & head to Africa; great spirit. Others, DO NOT PAY2FLY. The Industry will get the message & return to sanity & professionalism. Geees, if I bump into Stellios or Hellios in the pub later today, I will suggest a new Cypriot airline & I will employ you all. Great guts, spirit & attitude.Of course you will succeed.