PDA

View Full Version : BA Failure Rates

Speedbird744
24th Feb 2001, 18:48
What is the failure rate in the Cadet BA Selection process?
What part of the selection do MOST applicants fail on?? Is the interview the hardest part?
Do nearly all of the cadets get offered employment at the end of training because of the vast number of Airbus types entering service?
Thanks again.

Speedbird 2946
24th Feb 2001, 19:00
Well on this one I can pass on what I have heard but these are rumours so don't quote me!

Applicants per year: 30,000 approx
Selected for aptitudes: 25%
Through to FB: 25%
Pass Final Board: 1 in 6
Fail BA Medical after FB: A small number

If anyone can verify/dismiss these numbers please do so!

Cheers,

SB

BAcrew
25th Feb 2001, 20:12
Yeap, Speedbird, you're bang on. The total applicants (26000 telephone applicants in 1998) have to be whittled down to 100 lucky trainees per year.
NB. Not all the 26000 actually sent their application forms in: most got put off by the essay style questions one must answer.

EDDNR
26th Feb 2001, 00:03
BA don't fail applicants to balance the numbers, so there isn't a failure rate as such. If the 30,000 that applied were *all* suitable then they might all get a job, however BA has a need for only x number of applicants, so it will offer positions to the first x hundred that make the grade. It is not a lottery as such where you are a statistic, if you're up to BA's spec, you'll get in, if you're not, you won't. Simple.

When I had my DEP interview, BA told us all at the interview that if all 30 odd of us were up to it, we'd all get offers. There is no competition between applicants just a limited number of places each year.

Good luck!

Rod