PDA

View Full Version : BA World Traveller Cabin Service

dublinamg
22nd Aug 2013, 16:20
Flying long haul for the first time in a long time - going BA from Heathrow to Los Angeles. It's also on the new A380 so looking forward to it. First time to use T5 also.

Just wondering what the cabin service is like on this length of flight - is it free drinks and 2 meals - or a meal and a snack? Just curious.

Will there be anything different or enhancements to the service with the introduction of the A380?

PAXboy
22nd Aug 2013, 17:29
As far as I recall - 4 yrs since been on BA WT+ - it was all as I expected for a 10.5 hr sector.

This is from BA: World Traveller Plus | Travel classes | British Airways (http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/travel-classes/premium-economy/world-traveller-plus)

deep_south
23rd Aug 2013, 09:54
Don't get a K window seat in economy - the IFE box steals most of your foot space, if you like to sit with your feet stretched out in front of you,

It's not too bad if your "friend" in H is prepared to let you sit twisted and share their space with you....

I was on one of the A380 proving flights to FRA, and the crew were saying that there will be really no difference to the service levels.

Dannyboy39
1st Sep 2013, 14:35
Free bar plus a main meal (chicken curry or beef lasagne usually), and a snack box given to you about 1.5 hours prior to landing, full of rubbish which in my opinion is a waste of time.

Cabin service absolutely fine on day flights. Night flights, typically with most airlines in my experience, understandably service can be a bit patchy - the cabin crew are allowed to get tired too!

mixture
1st Sep 2013, 18:06
Just wondering what the cabin service is like on this length of flight

It's a bit like this....

6VLYpKGVBUg

RevMan2
2nd Sep 2013, 04:44
Go to M&S on the way to the airport and pick up something decent to eat on the flight.
Likewise WholeFoods on Sepulveda on the way back.
You'll be the envy of fellow passengers and crew...