PDA

View Full Version : long threads

Lantern10
22nd Aug 2013, 05:53
Been noticing a slight problem now for a few months, with regard to long threads on PP Rune.

I can't get to the last page of posts.

Example: This morning I noticed the Jimmy Saville thread had some new posts since the last time I checked the thread.

I clicked on the "find new posts" icon and was taken to page 60. Started reading, finished page 60, clicked on the "next" page button and went, as expected to page 61, finished reading that and again clicked "next" again as expected went to page 62, finished that and again clicked "next" only to be sent back to the page 62. Tried clicking "last page" again went back to the top of page 62.

Tried altering the page header and changed the 62 to 63 and again back to the top of page 62. Thought I would see what happened if I tried to post a reply, so clicked on the "reply" icon. The reply box opened and all the other posts I could see below the reply box were posts from page 62.

This has happened four or five times and the only thing consistent is the fact they are all very long threads.

It's not a big thing as I'm sure when the thread gets to the 64th page, I will be able to see page 63.

Just wondered if anybody else is experiencing the same.
This only happens on PP Rune.

Got me puzzled.

Keef
22nd Aug 2013, 07:47
It happens to me, too, on most long threads.

I have a theory that involves hidden (rude?) posts being included in the count that determines the number of the last page, but then excluded when displaying the posts.

Saab Dastard
22nd Aug 2013, 08:04
It's a strange database problem, nothing to do with hidden / deleted posts.

You can often see the "missing" posts with another browser, or from a different PC.

It's not really to do with "long" threads - any thread with more than one page can exhibit the problem, and I've experienced it on a 2-page thread.

SD

Lantern10
23rd Aug 2013, 01:22
Thanks for the replies, glad It's not just me then.

BOAC
23rd Aug 2013, 11:25
http://www.pprune.org/computer-internet-issues-troubleshooting/472097-database-page-disjoint.html