PDA

View Full Version : Easy Jet Lifestyle?

geordie crawley
4th May 2002, 08:00
Thinking of applying to EasyJet , could any of the crew through some light on what the company are like to work for? How mad are the rosters, (what is the typical roster like - hours flying?) is promotion fast? How intense is the interview? Salary? I am really interested in their EDI base, all comments very much appreciated. Cheers all! :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

BIG DICK
4th May 2002, 08:36
What happed with EAAC or did you not go to the interview?

I can't help you to much with easyjet, I personally wouldn't wear orange. Especially as you have to pay for the uniform..

think the money with easyjet is supposed to be quite good, it is salaried though and I've been told you don't get flight allowance. Long days work as well.

geordie crawley
4th May 2002, 12:40
I still have my interview with European and am still going I was really pleased to hear at last someone with something good to say about them. A friend of my has just got the job and she has been told she can be based at her home in the North East which is quite attractive. I am also curious about Easy Jet and yes I agree 100% ORANGE is definitel not my colour either!!!!! I want promotion fast and have been flying for many years now and am trying to choose my airline before putting myself through the 'playshcool' group activities they so love us to do! They must sit back and P*** themselves laughing at us lot making pantomime poster with a toileroll holder, pair of scissors, paperclips and a pile of magazines!

Oh don't get me onto that one!!!

Thanks for your comments, greatly appreciated (oh I can't bring myself to say your name!!!);)

tara for now!:rolleyes: :p

Xenia
4th May 2002, 13:02
http://www.smilies.nl/rough/2ar15smilie.gif

I want promotion fast and have been flying for many years now and am trying to choose my airline before putting myself through the 'playshcool' group activities they so love us to do!

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/bangin.gif

corsaman
5th May 2002, 10:10
I don't know how the money stands up in the Southeast of England, but in the regions it's pretty good - after probation c£9.5k basic, and a payment per sector varying between £9.00 and £17.00 - e.g. a GLA/BFS of 25mins equals 9.00. The SCCM's basic is c£11500, and flight pay£10.66 to £19.98. Each fluent language earns another £600 or so. It all mounts up. I joined the company in January and am now on the SCCM course. Morale is good and it's good fun - maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but those it doesn't suit usually move on quickly. Although it seems we pay for the uniform (only the initial issue), we are given an allowance towards it. Hope that was interesting - good luck!

miss yvonne
5th May 2002, 21:41
Thanks for the info on Easy Jet, very interesting, did you previously have flying experience to get put on a promotion course so quickly? How busy are your rosters i.e how many flying hours do you do per month on average? I'm trying to work out which will be the best airline for me, to be able to still have my home in NCL and have a little bit of a life by commuting?!?!? Any GLA or EDI Easy jet crew out there as that's the base I'd be after?

corsaman
7th May 2002, 21:07
Miss Yvonne - I had flown for approx. 7 years before, which counted towards the promotion. Many, many of the new entrant crew at EZY are seasoned flyers from all kinds of carriers; the rosters vary from base to base - I had 58 sectors last month - sounds hectic, but it didn't feel it - the odd six-sector day bumps up the sector pay nicely. LPL crew have 30-50 sectors, according to the ones I've spoken to. Don't know much about Scotland, except the crews are lovely and they have some 3 day trips away from base. I'm well past the rose-tinted spectacle outlook - a job is a job - but I can say hand on heart, that really enjoy this one. I'm looking forward to the prospect of getting more destinations, and eagerly waiting for a decision about the fleet. Sorry I can't be more helpful about rosters etc. Good luck - and give it a try.