PDA

View Full Version : A330 Nav Logo Switch

Mik2mar
21st Aug 2013, 09:17
Has anyone out there ever seen this before, or might know what it means and how it works.

An A330 with the Nav/Logo switch labeled as Off/1Auto/2.

What does the Auto tagged with system 1 do? As opposed to the normally seen switches labeled Off/1/2.

Thanks. MM

TURIN
21st Aug 2013, 10:48
I'll hazard a guess. The auto function turns off the logo lights when airborne?

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

Mik2mar
23rd Aug 2013, 13:22
Still wondering. TURIN - No it's not the logo lights. LGCIU inputs an on ground signal for logo on when on ground, and in the air SFCC inputs a flaps 15 or greater to have logs on in the air when close to the ground. And that occurs on sys 1 or 2 no input from the switch. This switch specifically was labeled Nav1 Auto and Nav2. Imperial Shofter - I to was wondering if it had something to do with switching to 2 if 1 failed, but I'm not sure what there would be in a Nav light system that could detect say a burnt out bulb and then swap systems automatically. And why only from 1 to 2 and not 2 to 1. Still can't find any AMM info on this. :ugh: And sorry, no prizes for this one. :)

Anyone else?

sb_sfo
25th Aug 2013, 15:16
I know next to nothing about the bus, but someone told me once that the nav lights being dual bulb but only one on at a time, they switch lamps each flight. Could that be the auto function, but you can still turn each on to check the lamps?

easaman
26th Aug 2013, 06:55
Operates Navigation and logo lights.
Dual navigation lights are located at each wing tip, and in the APU tail cone.
Logo lights are installed in the upper surface of each horizontal stabilizer to illuminate the company logo on the vertical stabilizer.
1: Circut for first set of navigation lights is activated. Logolights are on, when the main gear struts are compressed, or flaps are extended at 15° or more.
2: Circuit for second set of navigation lights is activated. Logo lights are on, when the main gear struts are compressed, or the flaps are extended at 15° or more.
OFF: Navigation and logo lights are off.

Hope this helps
easaman

i am a bee too
26th Aug 2013, 13:38
easaman is correct.Logo lights auto in 1 or 2 when struts compressed or flaps out.Logo lights are single lamps but nav lights are dual so no 1 and no 2 does not realy mean you have a choice of switching to an alternative logo light if you lose a bulb.

TURIN
27th Aug 2013, 21:10
I'll hazard a guess. The auto function turns off the logo lights when airborne?

Isn't that what I said?:confused:

Mik2mar
28th Aug 2013, 05:50
Got it now. The AMM for the aircraft I normally work on indicated both Nav 1 and 2 have logo auto function, thus whether you select Nav 1 or 2, when LGCIU says on the ground, or SFCC says flaps extended, the single logo light comes on. Thus the only way to select logo off when on the ground, is to select Nav and Logo to the off position.

I had seen the switch labeled as I indicted in the original post but did not find the info relating to it exact purpose. So I see now that having that particular Nav/Logo function installed allows Nav lights only to be selected, with no Logo on, in the ground, or with flap extended, by selecting system 2, or to operate the Logo in its usual function of auto when on the ground or flaps extended by selecting sys 1.

Sooooo many options and variations. Then they forget to tell you about the little ones. :ok:

FYI - I have also seen the Nav Logo system on Airbus configured with only a 2 position switch, On and Off. Thus turning them on operates all sys 1 and sys 2 bulbs at the same time. Thus works like a Boeing!

Thanks to all who contributed.

TURIN
29th Aug 2013, 07:13
I'm allergic to peanuts!

;-)

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android